Thread: Moving plants outside?

Post Thanks / Like

Moving plants outside?

I started some plants under 24/0 light and I am ready to move outside. They can handle the full sun but it is the sudden dark at night that I am concerned about. Will the dark shock them in any way at this point? I live in CA so there is about 15 hours of light these days outside.

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Moving plants outside?

Growth may slow a bit at first, but I think it will continue to veg if you are planting out with 15 hours of sunshine. Have you hardened off the plant yet> I am a bit concerned that the sun will scorch it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I have been taking them outside, during the daylight hours, for a couple of weeks now and then bringing them inside at night under fl's. They are loving the sunshine but I just wasn't sure how they will react to having dark all of a sudden when they have always been 24/0. There shouldn't be enough darkness to make them flower but I didn't know how they would react. The root system has definately caught up on these babies. I just brought them in and had to raise the light. It's very cool!
    Last edited by 420; 02-06-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool mate! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They will be fine and will flower at the appropiate time. Don't stress and think so much! Too much care can be as harmful as not enough love so let them grow.lol

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

They will be cool. It not like they dont see dark in nature....Not saying it does, but i think 24 hr light (as i use) would be more likely to cause stress than dark. As others said, just relax they will be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I never had any problems after leaving them outside 24/7. I did start a grow journal if you want to see some pics.