First Grow- Looking for information on how to get things started

AVALANCHE_

Hey.
I'm looking to start growing a few plants outside. I live in Australia in a relativly temperate climate. I need to grow inside a pot or something so that I can easily hide my plants inside if the need arises. What kind of pot should I get? And what sort of soil should I fill it with?

Thanks in advance.

Get a 5gal plus with wheels, or with a rack it can placed on. Even if they stay short 4' to 5', it's easier to roll than carry.

What ever soil you use, mix it to prevent compaction. The shop nearby (me) is doing a side by side comparison grow with different mediums. The one that is doing best right now is a mix of equal parts (in ebb and flow by the way), Potting soil, coco coir, and fytocel (sp).

I'm partial to 5 gal buckets... my self. So versatile... they carry, they make seats, great step stools,

Wow. Thanks for that extremely practical piece of information. I need more help though, regarding how *exactly* to plant the seed- how deep, etc. I have three seeds available. Can they all grow in the same bucket?

Read the FAQ's lots of good info. place the seed in a paper towel (damp) in a plastic baggy (sandwich or so) and forget about it for 3 days. start checking everyday after 3, and when you see a little root plant it root down in about in inch or so. I would avoid putting them in the same containers... Their greedy girls and it's not long before one gets big and chokes the others out.

Back
Top Bottom