Lessons learned about growing in the deep south

Trash

Lesson number one: It's hot as a two dollar pistol here with high humidity, and therefore maybe those high-dollar Afghan seeds may have been doomed from the start? (Damping off I believe is what got 'em.) Last one was wilted over and the base of the stem was basically... not there anymore at soil surface. ( All seedlings still, less than five inches tall, with only two sets of leaves past the cotyledon.)
Lesson two: Read and learn and try to realise you (I,) don't know as much as we think we do sometimes.

Maybe I ought to stick with plain ol' dirt-scratch weed seed from friends and such, and if they tell me they came from "pretty good reefer," try it out. As before, maybe Afghan strains really aren't meant for this climate, even though I'd prefer sticking with an indica strain. Any comments, or help (which I always am in need of,) would be appreciated.
:peace:

Re: Lessons learned about growing in the deep south...

About an hour ago I finished sticking 12 new seed in small peat pots filled with fifty/fifty organic potting mix and ( don't shoot,) MG potting soil. To this I added one third pearlite, and watered. These particular seed are probably some kind of sativa mix, as that's what we get a lot of around here. Largest problems here are high heat and humidity. Thankfully I do have a lot of trees here that give the young ones a break.:peace:

Try to "harden" them off before you expose them to full sun.Slowly increase the amount of time they spend in full sun.Or shaded them the first couple of weeks outdoors.

hi trash, just wondering how deep are you? ive got one little one out now, and its doing well, though im not planted directly in the soil. i like to move em around a bit, give them a nice view of the garden from now and then.

i havent gotten to budding yet, but i am worried about the humidity, 79% today and it always seems to be rising.

best of luck to your buds
:joint:

I feel your pain I haven't had much luck w/outdoor grows. If you find a way to make it work since we're both in the deep south let me now. Put 4 plant in the ground after starting the in pots t last cheek I was down to 2. So good luck

greets again... deep as in missisippi... kind of n central part. Sun going down out here and going to go sit in the backyard and have visions of ten foot afghans surrounding the place... sigh...

Back
Top Bottom