What plants look like pot

Weedpipe

420 Member
hello nice people / i live in the midwest and will be growing outdoors this summer. i want to hide my garden with plants that will give my ladies an added level of stealth ... what plants blend in well with weed? thanks for any info:peace:

tomatoes?

I've herd a story how someone put red xmas bulbs on the weed plants to blend in with the tomatoes that they had

i don't know about when they are flowering though, they won't look like tomatoes :laughtwo:

Texas Buckeye

props on that FreakNature, i just searched it on yahoo they look pretty close, good to know thanks :peace:

yeah thats a great find, their similarity is uncanny. musta been genetic cousins a couple million years ago.
another classic is the japanese maple. leaves look exactly like mary's but dont get quite as large as her fan leaves.
texas buckeye
aegla.jpg

japanese maple
April06JapaneseMapleLeavesCU1.jpg

cleome
cleome.jpg

I feel like the more plants look like pot the more people will think you have pot and take a closer look. And find out you do actually have pot mixed in with other plants that just look similar to pot. If they are close enough to see leaf patterns then they are too close IMO.

You are best off growing legit garden plants around them. Train the plants (lst) so they do not grow above the other plants and stick out. keep the colas level with the ground. Good luck and be safe

my plan wasnt to put the look-a-likes at my clearings... just the oppisite...i was going to populate the area with some type of plant that looked like weed so that my plants would not stand out

still undecieded on if it is a good stratagy

in rural areas i think it'd be more of a risk to grow indoors than outdoors. less supplies. no odor problems....besides outdoors seems so much better. i think the cover up is a good idea. but i agree that plants that look like weed might get a double take or two.

wouldn't you want plants that don't look like weed to mask them in?

true the plants that look like weed look like it way more than a short round bush that happens to be indica. id say just keep em separated and not in a patch and maybe put some fake flowers on them but use bushy indicas and not tall sativas that are obvious.

Back
Top Bottom