Thread: Watering question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Watering question

I have my plant in a 1 ft diameter pot, but it's only about 10 inches deep.
    Okay, it's been raining for like two weeks solid.
    (1) Will the Alabama humidity hinder the budding?
    (2) Should I be concerned that it's getting watered way too much?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Watering question

Maybe try covering the top of the pot with something water proof cutting a gap out for the stem then you will have more control over watering.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about that. Thanks. Would it hurt it if that cover was reflective?

Post Thanks / Like

1. humidity wont stop budding but it can cause mold in late flowering.
    2. you usually wont have to worry too much watering, if they do become over saturated, a few drops of hydrogen peroxide will up the oxygen levels to the root.
    about the tarp over the roots, as long as its not water proof itll help keep moisture. if its water proof you could be inviting root rot. if youre worried about too much water getting to the roots you can add sand to your soil mix to increase drainage. the cover being reflective might increase light but not by much, and anyone flying overhead might get curious about the shiny material.
    we must go through hell to know the true beauty of heaven.
    "if what you keep holds truth inside, stand up defend, or lay down and die." P.O.D.
    "How infinitesimal is the importance of anything I do, but how infinitely important it is that I do it." --Voltaire

*disclaimer: i am crazy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonkey View Post
    the cover being reflective might increase light but not by much, and anyone flying overhead might get curious about the shiny material.
    Haha. I hadn't considered that. There have been a lot of choppers flyin' overhead lately. Well, thanks a lot. I'm sure I'll have another question or two soon enough

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDougernaut View Post
    Haha. I hadn't considered that. There have been a lot of choppers flyin' overhead lately. Well, thanks a lot. I'm sure I'll have another question or two soon enough

At this point in time they aren't too interested in weed plots. That'll come closer to harvest time for better photo ops.