Please help to put the Ohio Rights Amendment on the ballot in 2014!

Puff420Dragon

If enough signatures are gathered, this item would appear on the ballot for 2014. It would bypass the legislature and get voted on by the people! 386,000 signatures are needed in order to put this on the ballot.

This amendment covers hemp for industrial purposes, medical marijuana, as well as recreational use.

You can read the amendment at Ohio Rights Group | One Plant - Many Uses Support the Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment

You can help by just signing the petition (and asking your friends and family who would support you to sign it as well) and/or you can sign up to volunteer.

Forgot to mention that this is not an online petition and can only be signed by Ohio registered voters. If you live in Ohio, please check out the Ohio Rights Group page on Facebook. There is a map broken down by county which can connect you to locations to sign the petition in person.

C'mon Ohioans! The time is now! :Namaste:

Good luck in your efforts my friend.

++reps

Been lurking here for awhile, and finally registered. Anywho, another Ohioan here wanted to say Thank You for posting this. My hometown just forced our only local shop to close. Yet, bars and clubs that are involved in all sorts of felonies every weekend it seems are allowed to operate without a second look.

If Ohio cannot, or will not, get this issue passed, I'm afraid more of "us" will be moving out west.

Would anyone happen to have a count on the number of signatures as of right now? Last I seen we had roughly 30,000, and only 3 Counties having met their population/vote ratio.

I am still waiting to hear a count as well. A mass call for completed petitions was done before Dec 31st. More counties should have hit their 5% goal by now.

I am still waiting to hear a count as well. A mass call for completed petitions was done before Dec 31st. More counties should have hit their 5% goal by now.

I certainly hope so. This issue cannot fail again...I think Ohio is the pain pill capital of the world...

Too many addicted, too many being sold...sickening that marijuana is illegal today...

**I was under the impression the recreational use part, or "other" amendment, was rejected for signature collection for some reason**

Update: In case you didn't already know, this issue WILL NOT be on the 2014 Ballot. According to THESE GUYS "Recent counts confirm thirty Ohio counties that have met their minimum number of signatures. The procedures for placing a constitutional amendment on the ballot require signatures to be obtained from at least 44 of Ohio's 88 counties, and the signatures in each of these 44 counties must equal at least 5 percent of the total vote cast for the office of governor in that county at the last gubernatorial election."

I believe I read somewhere that some new language is being considered (for new investors) in the new push for legalization in Ohio, that WOULD NOT ALLOW persons to grow their own medicine. If anyone can confirm/deny this, I'm all ears. I still haven't heard back from the ORG on this matter, which makes me think it's true. Dispensary only basically.

Back
Top Bottom