Initiatives in California

Smaugster

The CCHI 2014 Initiative is the original Jack Herer Hemp Initiative. Not connected with the northern cal. cabals that seem to desire exclusionary and proprietary rights. Ours provides for all to utilize it as they see fit.
We are not backed by any parties involved with any others, and rely solely on volunteers.
Since the original CMI {California Marijuana Initiative} there have been many factions using the basic premise of legalization. It is in the best interests of all if partisan politics were put aside, and all groups stand for one thing:
Make it legal, and remove the prohibitions. We are doing our part in this endeavor, as we have done the entire time, and hope support is universal.

It is a shame that California Marijuana Activists could not come together in 2014. It would be helpful if they do for 2016. Of the four options, CCHI's was more acceptable than some, and close to MCLR's. What concerns me with CCHI's proposal is the lack of protections for existing cooperatives, unless I'm missing something. In WA, it has now been decided that all Medical Marijuana patients must utilize the recreational vendors, thereby shutting down medical dispensaries. Secondly, some issues are not covered by CCHI's proposes and are to be decided by the legislature. MCLR's plan included the creation of a Cannabis Control Board, which would allow patients, farmers and activists to have a greater role in decision making. I also like the cost of patient id caps MCLR proposed. On the plus side for CCHI, the cost of licensing was a straight $1000, thank you somebody.

In summary, I hope that agreements are reached between the two organizations, and I further hope that the other two initiative organize crawl in a hole and go away, because their proposals were invitations to continue the insanity.

I realize this post was written back in 2013, and no one had anything to say. I hope it can be revived and that discussions lead to activism in the future..

Back
Top Bottom