Petition for the removal from DEA's schedule 1 list

Dr.bbBrain

I'm coping the email I got from MPP;
The petition is on "Change.org", the link is below.

Petitioning President Barack Obama

If marijuana is safer than alcohol, remove it from the DEA's schedule of drugs

Marijuana Policy Project

Petition by

Marijuana Policy Project

In a profile published by The New Yorker magazine, President Barack Obama acknowledged the fact that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol for the consumer. Yet federal law classifies marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug, a category the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) considers "the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules." It's time for that to change.

The Controlled Substances Act gives the executive branch, led by President Obama, the legal authority to remove marijuana from the DEA's schedule of drugs. That authority should be exercised immediately. The president clearly recognizes that marijuana is safer than alcohol – which is not a scheduled drug – so he should do everything he can to ensure our federal laws reflect that fact.

Please sign our petition calling on President Obama to remove marijuana from the DEA's schedule of drugs. Marijuana is objectively less harmful than alcohol, and it is time for our government to start treating it that way.

The petition is on "Change.org" here is the link;
Signez la pétition

Thanks for posting this Dr.bbBrain. Signed. Your post inspired me to join 420 magazine. Thanks again.

Forgot to add a thanks to cannablogna for the bump.

A lady from the DEA, might be their highest official, mentioned something funny in a speech last week. She said it needs to stay illegal because there is a chance dogs could become sick if they eat weed. I'm not making this crap up, check it out for yourself. They are running out of good reasons pretty fast, and they don't want to come out and say "if we make this any less legal, we'll get less money from the government for enforcing laws, and we don't want to give up any funding".

I'm pretty sure Obama's office has to respond to anything that get 100,000 signatures (although the problem isn't really with him, we all know that :rollit:).

A lady from the DEA, might be their highest official, mentioned something funny in a speech last week. She said it needs to stay illegal because there is a chance dogs could become sick if they eat weed. I'm not making this crap up, check it out for yourself. They are running out of good reasons pretty fast, and they don't want to come out and say "if we make this any less legal, we'll get less money from the government for enforcing laws, and we don't want to give up any funding".

I'm pretty sure Obama's office has to respond to anything that get 100,000 signatures (although the problem isn't really with him, we all know that :rollit:).

The problem is him! He needs to finish becoming an american citizen before he can change or create any laws constitutionaly...
Anything he has done in office is VOID under federal law, but nobody has the balls to stand up against that child murderer.
Sorry if I'm off topic but the scumbag needs to go....

Cylent,

You are dead on the money with that comment. Obama's administration has more MMJ busts than GWB in all of his 8 years. The DEA and other gov. entities have lobbyists that abhor the idea of legal Cannabis. Not to mention the phama lobby and their downright hate for Cannabis because they can't patent a plant which leaves them out of any guaranteed sales for 20 years. These arguments will eventually become moot because as more doctors see the real benefits of cannabis everyone will have to concede to the legalization of cannabis.

making a change in policy will not solve the problem of Schedule 1, as the next administration can reinstate it just as easily as this administration can end it.

for permanent change, the only solution that i see is a Constitutional Amendment to end the prohibition on cannabis. it worked wonders for booze.

The problem is him! He needs to finish becoming an american citizen before he can change or create any laws constitutionaly...
Anything he has done in office is VOID under federal law, but nobody has the balls to stand up against that child murderer.
Sorry if I'm off topic but the scumbag needs to go....

finish education good idea for you:)

By Removing Marijuana From Schedule 1 Will Remove Marijuana(Cannabis, T.H.C.) From Drug Testing. See If I traveled to where I can legally consume said substance I will run the risk of loosing my job up to 3 or 4 weeks later and detoxifying is not the answer. Its Not Fair For Americans To Worry About Loosing Their Jobs Over Doing Something That is Legal. Sign Petition Here: If marijuana is safer than alcohol, remove it from the DEA's schedule of drugs

making a change in policy will not solve the problem of Schedule 1, as the next administration can reinstate it just as easily as this administration can end it.

for permanent change, the only solution that i see is a Constitutional Amendment to end the prohibition on cannabis. it worked wonders for booze.

If you remove Marijuana from schedule 1 you remove cannabis and t.h.c. from drug testing

If you remove Marijuana from schedule 1 you remove cannabis and t.h.c. from drug testing

if you are talking about getting the federal laws (Controlled Substance Act, Anti-Drug Abuse Acts, etc) re-written by Congress, then yes removing marijuana from the schedule of controlled substances in all relevant pieces of federal legislation will end testing for thc.

if you are talking about getting the current Administration to make a policy change in regards to removing or reclassifying marijuana from Schedule 1, then that change is only applicable until the administration changes the policy again. also, a policy change may have no effect on the way drug testing is conducted now.

in either case, a Constitutional Amendment trumps both scenarios and could not be undone by anything other than a following Amendment to repeal.

What would be the best path to facilitate a Constitutional Ammendment To End Prohibition On Cannabis?? Maybe a Petition Stating That Very Fact??

What would be the best path to facilitate a Constitutional Ammendment To End Prohibition On Cannabis?? Maybe a Petition Stating That Very Fact??

exactly, just as was done with alcohol in the 1930's.

just follow Article V of the Constitution and we're in (much easier said than done).
Article V, U.S. Constitution

it takes either two-thirds of the US Congress or three-fourths of the state legislatures to vote for such an amendment. that means a lot of signature gathering from our fellow citizens and letter writing to our elected officials. lots of work, but well worth the effort.

That's some crazy shit ,. And beer is not a class 1 because??? Well because mmj is easy to grow and the gov knows it so instead of letting everyone grow , smoke and barter there plants they scheduled it up there with heroine?? Wow !! Yet this fuckers can't even pass a drug test

Back
Top Bottom