Ohio has new push to legalize in 2015

It seems "Responsible Ohio", the entity that is pushing for this initiative, have included wording that BANS PERSONAL GROWS! To be "lawful" persons must make purchases via the "Cartels" stores.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. If you live in Ohio, we must not allow this measure to go through.

Responsible Ohio is the worst of the initiatives that are circulating around Ohio right now. 10 member cartel, no protections for home growers, etc, etc, etc.

NO2RO

It seems "Responsible Ohio", the entity that is pushing for this initiative, have included wording that BANS PERSONAL GROWS! To be "lawful" persons must make purchases via the "Cartels" stores.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. If you live in Ohio, we must not allow this measure to go through.

You are incorrect. The initiative by Responsible Ohio allows for the home growing of 4 flowering plants, unlimited seedlings and 8 ounces of dried flowers (buds) produced by the home grower. This is a reasonable amount, a half pound, to have on hand in your home. Properly rotated, enough could be produced by 4 plants continuously flowering to have enough to share with (but not sell to) friends. A free weed exchange setup between enough people could allow folks to have a wide variety of strains too.

Responsible Ohio is the worst of the initiatives that are circulating around Ohio right now. 10 member cartel, no protections for home growers, etc, etc, etc.

NO2RO

Again, this is false information. This is the only initiative on the Nov 3 2015 Ballot regarding marijuana. Not only are there protections for home growers, see my post above, but also for caregivers. Who else needs protection? The prohibitionist opponents like to call the 10 growers a monopoly or cartel but 10 independent companies, with more than 24 individual owners and 2 companies who have sold shares of stock, does not meet the legal definition of either a monopoly or a cartel. They are however politically charged fear mongering descriptors intended to scare potential voters.

I'm so happy to see others here that know the current ballot from RO is garbage.

Far from being garbage, the Responsible Ohio initiative is well crafted legislation written by experience, informed policy makers, attorneys, and other experts using polling data and other research to determine what Ohio voters are willing to vote for when it comes to legalizing both recreational and medical marijuana. A number of groups over the past several years have attempted to get legalization of one kind or another on the ballot in Ohio and none have made it. No other group currently attempting to get an initiative on the 2016 ballot is likely to succeed as none have experience, research or the funding necessary to write legislation, collect signatures and run an effective promotional campaign of the kind necessary to get on the ballot and win. If the residents of Ohio want legalized marijuana for medical or recreational purposes in the foreseeable future they need to vote YES for issue 3 on Nov 3 2015.

Let home INDOOR growers sell their products to the dispensaries along with the 10 farms owned by rich that don't need the money.

Cut the fee to get license to open a dispensary by 80%.

Those two things right there will take the support for issue 3 through the roof. Right now everyone that has any sense knows that this doesn't really change their lives at all for the great majority. Marijuana is already decriminalized. The great majority of residents fall have about no benefit from it beginning legalized other than they won't get a small ticket and fine. Make it to where everyone could benefit economically and legally and then you have something.

So my question to philosophical is are you a employee or are in any way related to responsibleohio ?

I have heard they were going to start pushing it on like social media but not here wow that surprises me...

My question is about issue 2 the ohio anti monopolies amendment....

Ohio Issue 2 if voted in would make it so people like responsibleohio cant write themselves in the ohio constitution.

So Lets Say Issue 2 Anti Monopoly and Issue 3 ResponsibleOhios Marijuana Legalization Amendment Both Get Voted In.

I know for a fact if issue 2 is voted in it takes effect immediately.

So then what happens to responsibleohio can they still operate as a monopoly or will we get legalization with out the monopoly ?

So my question to philosophical is are you a employee or are in any way related to responsibleohio ?

I have heard they were going to start pushing it on like social media but not here wow that surprises me...

My question is about issue 2 the ohio anti monopolies amendment....

Ohio Issue 2 if voted in would make it so people like responsibleohio cant write themselves in the ohio constitution.

So Lets Say Issue 2 Anti Monopoly and Issue 3 ResponsibleOhios Marijuana Legalization Amendment Both Get Voted In.

I know for a fact if issue 2 is voted in it takes effect immediately.

So then what happens to responsibleohio can they still operate as a monopoly or will we get legalization with out the monopoly ?

Ohioans need to read this, the Senate slipped in this "tax bill". Issue 2 :

"Shall the petitioner, in violation of division (B)(1) of Section 1e of Article II of the Ohio Constitution, be authorized to initiate a constitutional amendment that grants or creates a monopoly, oligopoly, or cartel, specifies or determines a tax rate, or confers a commercial interest, commercial right, or commercial license that is not available to other similarly situated persons?"

Back
Top Bottom