Ohio has another initiative on the table for 2015?

Buds4All

Legalize Marijuana And Hemp In Ohio initiative

Another group, Better For Ohio, has gained approval from the ballot board to begin collecting the 306,000 signatures needed for the initiative to appear on the 2015 ballot in November.

Is it better than Responsible Ohio's plan? Yes. Is it the best plan? No. ROC is still the best option for Ohio but will not have a ballot issue in 2015, they are waiting until 2016 (better voter turnout).

Here are a few links.

Responsible Ohio - ResponsibleOhio | Ohio is Ready

Better for Ohio - Better For Ohio - Legalize Marijuana In Ohio initiative

Responsible Ohioans for Cannabis - Responsible Ohioans for Cannabis

Thanks I've emailed Better for Ohio about where to sing a petition and how to get email updates about how many signatures they have and it's been about a week and I have not got a response yet I signed up for Responsible Ohio and I am getting constant updates or at least I was until they hit their 300 some thousands mark the are trying to keep it secret I really think they are just trying to keep there " composition " confused and guessing I have supported volunteered and signed petitions for the last four years and no one has got more then a little more than half so I support RO really don't like the register for home growers but it is the only one with a real chance it is sad but I think they will pass

I have to disagree. RO is simply trying to monopolize the industry before it even gets started so that the super rich in Ohio are the only ones that benefit from in and will have their hands so deep intothe market that they will make sure there are no amendments later on. It's a bad deal all around for Ohioans and I'd rather see it shot down and completely reformed before anything is legalized. MJ is decriminalized in Ohio, and that is good enough until a real ballot can be made to vote on.

I have to disagree. RO is simply trying to monopolize the industry before it even gets started so that the super rich in Ohio are the only ones that benefit from in and will have their hands so deep intothe market that they will make sure there are no amendments later on. It's a bad deal all around for Ohioans and I'd rather see it shot down and completely reformed before anything is legalized. MJ is decriminalized in Ohio, and that is good enough until a real ballot can be made to vote on.

The Responsible Ohio initiative is good for everyone in Ohio except those who profit from prohibition. Retail store licenses will be available to the general public with only a few restrictions (some felons, prior drug offenders, residency requirement, etc) such as those in other states, at a rate of 1 per 10,000 residents (around 1,100). Licenses for manufacturing products such as edibles, tinctures, balms, creams and others will also be available. The opportunity to be a part of the 'green economy' for entrepreneurs exists for those who want to be a part of it. The false cry of 'monopoly' is made only by prohibitionists who wish to continue to profit from the current illegal status of marijuana. While it is true that 10 independent companies will have a 3 year exclusive right to grow marijuana in Ohio, the law will require them to produce enough to meet demand or lose their license. (An) additional license(s) will be available after the 3rd year if certain metrics written into the law are not met. Research in Ohio shows voters there want legal marijuana to be tightly regulated and do not want pot farms popping up all over the state or in their neighbors back yards. The Responsible Ohio initiative addresses those concerns while still allowing every adult 21 or over to grow at home. This is the necessary compromise Ohio voters must make if they want to have legalized recreational and medical marijuana in the foreseeable future.

Legalize Marijuana And Hemp In Ohio initiative

Another group, Better For Ohio, has gained approval from the ballot board to begin collecting the 306,000 signatures needed for the initiative to appear on the 2015 ballot in November.

Is it better than Responsible Ohio's plan? Yes. Is it the best plan? No. ROC is still the best option for Ohio but will not have a ballot issue in 2015, they are waiting until 2016 (better voter turnout).

Here are a few links.

Responsible Ohio - ResponsibleOhio | Ohio is Ready

Better for Ohio - Better For Ohio - Legalize Marijuana In Ohio initiative

Responsible Ohioans for Cannabis - Responsible Ohioans for Cannabis

None of these groups, including OTEP have the expertise, experience or funding to get a marijuana initiative on the ballot in 2016. Theirs is wishful thinking as the history of previous failed attempts show. Issue 3 is on the Nov 3 2015 ballot and will legalize both recreational and medical marijuana in Ohio. It is the only marijuana initiative to have ever made the ballot in Ohio despite many efforts over the past several years. No other current organization has what it takes to succeed. If you live in Ohio and want legalized marijuana you need to vote YES for issue 3 on Nov 3 2015.

Man those responses couldn't have been more text book republican bologna. Legalization should be for the benefit of all the people financially and legally. If you haven't noticed the financial hardships by the great majority of the population then your probably a decently well off white ohioan. So I ask who deserves the chance to make financial progress in their lives and who will actually gain from this plan? Exactlythe poor stay poor an the rich fat Ohioans who don't need the money gainmore money. It's a garbage deal. If you want marijuana legalization to benefit the entire population VOTE NO ON 3!

ricky bobby shake n bake my friend you are totally right. but i will say this one and only thing right here right now he is right about one thing OTEP and the other pro marijana groups havent had the financial means to pull something like this off...

I still dont like what responisbleohio is making and yes it is a monopoly... The ballot here in Ohio is even going to call it a Monopoly right in the title ON THE BALLOT !!!

Sooooo.... if you do want legalization and if you do live in Ohio and if you do Vote On Issue 3....

Take a look and educate yourself on ISSUE 2 The Anti-Monopolies Amendment

It keeps groups like ResponsibleOhio from being able to write themselves into the Ohio Constitution.

Or At The Least Please Just Educate Yourselves on both of these issues.

this was a comment by a guy named johnny par on high times mag and to me it honestly makes the most sense to me out of what everyone has said...

Johnny Par
Melissa, I pose this question to all of my friends in the reform movement who are resistant to Issue 3 "What's your plan?". Nobody can offer a reasonable option that is even close to being viable. To win it takes 3 important things: 1. a great Amendment, 2. a big vibrant organization and most importantly 3. $10 to $20 million dollars. Name one competing organization that is even close to putting all three pieces together. You can't do it. Sorry but I'm with NORML. It's not the Amendment I would have written and I spent 3 years backing the gold standard Amendment with the Ohio Rights Group. We never got the funding it takes to win so here we are with Issue 3 on the ballot. For the patients, we need to end prohibition first and then we can look to improve our states plan working within the system to make it better. Face it, there is no other options coming to save Ohio. This is it. For better or for worse, Issue 3 is carrying the ball for our team. If we blow this opportunity, we will be wondering the prohibition wilderness for years to come.
End Quote

I do not like the fact that there will be only 1 strain that these 10 grow sites will grow.
and lets say your want to homegrow and your pay the $50 bucks and get your 4 plants from them SAME strain mind you and how long is bud i grow off these 4 plants supposed to last a year 6 months or what ? Where is the variation ? I dont see how there can be competition between these grow sites without variety ? This all means that any shop in the state if issue 3 passes will have the same product whether it be in cleveland or columbus.

I do not like the fact that there will be only 1 strain that these 10 grow sites will grow.

Where are you getting this information >?
I don't think they are that dumb as to grow one strain.

Vote Yes Issue 2 Vote NO issue 3.
Id rather wait for a legit bill.

Where are you getting this information >?
I don't think they are that dumb as to grow one strain.

Vote Yes Issue 2 Vote NO issue 3.
Id rather wait for a legit bill.

IF you vote Yes on Issue 2. There will never be another "legit bill" , as no special tax will be legal on any product. If you can not put an excise tax on cannabis, you will never get legalization passed.

Also, the language on Issue 3 was changed on Friday, there will not be any additional sites to the original 10. Another win for RO.

Issue 2 "tax bill"

"Shall the petitioner, in violation of division (B)(1) of Section 1e of Article II of the Ohio Constitution, be authorized to initiate a constitutional amendment that grants or creates a monopoly, oligopoly, or cartel, specifies or determines a tax rate, or confers a commercial interest, commercial right, or commercial license that is not available to other similarly situated persons?"

Issue 2 is confusing to me,

But issue 3 can eat shit and bark at the moon!

Shake N Bake Smetties!

I would love someone to help explain issue 2, I'm not real clear on that as others have mentioned as well. Doing some research now.

I'm glad we got some people speaking up here. There is the idea as presented if take what you can get now and try to improve it down the road. I personally do not think it will work and I believe that anyone that is pushing that logic has some skin in the game behind the scenes that were not aware of. I don't believe that it will be any easier to make amendments to the original than it would be to get a legitimate plan from the get go.

My #1 curiosity is since there are only ten farms that dispensaries will be able to purchase from they basically have zero competition and demand will remain high while they regulate supply to their benefit. Anyone with half a high school intro to business class know what this is going to equate to. $60,$70,80,$90 for an eight of medium grade mass produced machine trimmed, likely under produced and pesticide covered buds.

This past few days, I have been talking with several friends and relatives in Ohio. Due to a death in our inner circles, I am going there this weekend. Of the 20 to 30 people I have spoken with, (all whom use cannabis.) Issue 2 will pass and Issue 3 will fail. All it took for the Republican Legislature to kill Issue 3, was the word "monopoly". Tried explaining, Issue 2 is a poison pill that will kill any further legalization Amendments, they do not care, it prevents a Monopoly, is all I am hearing. They do not see the word "tax" in the headline, only Monopoly, and choose to red no further into the text. Even the wording "creates a Monopoly" is in the Title of Issue 3.

This same group will try in other states. Their goal being, to make the wording and structure of their amendment, the gold standard for other states currently criminalizing possession. One heck of a business plan for them.

Over 30,000 have been removed in Butler County alone. Check your status Ohio.

Removing names is permitted by the federal Voter Registration Act. Inactive voters will receive a card in the mail after two years of not voting or updating their registration, and are given four years to respond to the mailing or vote.

Back
Top Bottom