Urgent! Fellow Canadians sign this petition to legalize cannabis

JimmyJames905

Please sign this petition to support the legalization and regulation of cannabis in Canada.
This is the petition directly from the liberal government's web site. This is the one that counts. When the government takes this bill to parliament, these are the numbers they're going to use. As a Canadian cannabis user . THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU WILL EVER DO IN YOUR LIFE FOR THE CANNABIS MOVEMENT IN CANADA . !!!!!!!
This is a historic event and you should be proud to have the opportunity to be a part of it.
This petition is for Canadians with Canadian postal codes only.

Add your name: Support the Liberal plan to legalize, regulate and restrict access to marijuana | Liberal Party of Canada

Please sign this petition to support the legalization and regulation of cannabis in Canada.
This is the petition directly from the liberal government's web site. This is the one that counts. When the government takes this bill to parliament, these are the numbers they're going to use. As a Canadian cannabis user . THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU WILL EVER DO IN YOUR LIFE FOR THE CANNABIS MOVEMENT IN CANADA . !!!!!!!
This is a historic event and you should be proud to have the opportunity to be a part of it.
This petition is for Canadians with Canadian postal codes only.

Add your name: Support the Liberal plan to legalize, regulate and restrict access to marijuana | Liberal Party of Canada
I like the idea of legalize, but restrict and regulate? No thanks. But we do need to talk about these things as a society. I want cannabis to be legal but I don't want the government deciding what I can and can't buy/grow.

I like the idea of legalize, but restrict and regulate? No thanks. But we do need to talk about these things as a society. I want cannabis to be legal but I don't want the government deciding what I can and can't buy/grow.

I disagree. Cannabis is a drug, plain and simple. It should be controlled and governed just like alcohol and cigarettes to keep it out of the hands of children and more importantly criminals who would seek to do harm. If you don't want to support legal cannabis than why are you on 420?
It seems both rather contradictory and selfish to sit there and say that you want legal cannabis but only on your terms. Maybe you don't want "the government" telling you what to do. I don't want my son smoking fentanyl laced weed at a party when he's 16.

You think legalizing will keep it away from kids? Wtf? Do some research about cannabis my friend. Uninformed opinions are often the most harmful. The government regulates and controls cigs and booze and kids smoke and drink... how well did that work? Our government doesn't care about medical patients or about kids, it's all about money.

It's about legalization and education. Who smokes cigs these days? People Who started before the dangers were a well known thing. Drinking is a culture thing. Keeping drugs away from kids comes down to the parents. Education, transparency, and responsible parenting. Marijuana should be legal. 100% there is no debate otherwise. Food is regulated, water is regulated, fuel for your car is regulated. That is such a silly argument. You would rather have weed be outlawed and criminalized than regulated. It's such a shame for all the people who have rotted in prison cells to fight for our right to use this drug.

@Canada Guy
So no law is better than law?
So what you're saying essentially is the law as it stands now is better than the law being passed next year? Let's look at that...
Possession of 30 grams 2017-up to 2 years in Jail.
Possession of 30 grams July 2018- legal

Caught cultivating cannabis 2017- up to 10 years prison.
Cultivating cannabis July 2018-all Canadians will be able to cultivate up to 4 plants.

War on Drugs cost to Canadians in legal representation/incarceration 2017- 500 million
Projected tax revenues generated from taxable cannabis- 5 billion.

Clearly your argument is the best for Canadians.

Clearly your argument is winning.

I understand the new bill. I'm not trying to start an argument. I do agree it should be legal just not the way the bill is now. By control and regulate I meant that I don't want the government telling me what I can grow or buy as a medical patient. The government doesn't make the laws, the people do. All I am advocating is that people understand what they are signing up for. If uninformed Canadians vote a bill into law we are still no further than we were last year.

I understand the new bill. I'm not trying to start an argument. I do agree it should be legal just not the way the bill is now. By control and regulate I meant that I don't want the government telling me what I can grow or buy as a medical patient. The government doesn't make the laws, the people do. All I am advocating is that people understand what they are signing up for. If uninformed Canadians vote a bill into law we are still no further than we were last year.

If you're an ACMPR patient with a cultivators license you can grow what you're prescribed. Or do you think you should be able to grow any amount you like? 10 plants, 100 plants? 10,000 plants? So absolutely no limitations on cultivation? And what would one medical patient do with 10,000 harvested plants? By the sound of it you want cannabis to be completely unregulated. Are you implying anyone should be able to grow any amount? That cannabis doesn't need to be tested for mold, or pesticides or added narcotics? Are you suggesting that 10 year olds should be able to purchase cannabis? Maybe you're suggesting that Canadians should be free to ingest any amount of cannabis and then drive a car or a public transit bus or go to work installing windows in a high rise building at their construction jobs? Your argument makes no sense. Not only is what you're suggesting "misinformed" but it is extremely socially irresponsible.
And if this bill passes and cannabis becomes legal how are we "no further than we were last year"? That is a literal contradiction. If the bill passes, its legal. That's progressing forward. "No better off" would imply stagnation or lack of change. This is a huge change. You can literally not get any more "change" than this. I think that before you go around telling people they're "uninformed" you should get informed yourself.

Thank you for telling me what I believe and think. If you want an online fight please fight with someone else.

Not fighting. I'd just like clarification as to what aspects of the proposed bill you don't like. The only thing I don't like about the bill is the 14 year prison sentence for providing cannabis to a minor. It's a legal snafu because you would get less prison time for murdering a minor than you would for giving them cannabis.

I don't think any human should be in a prison for any weed related issue. There's a common ground. But there has to be consequences if you aren't going to follow laws. Let's face it, if everyone just started up a grow op it would be a disaster.

Another point to mention.. Now I'm no lawyer or anything, but as I understand we will all be forced to buy seeds and clones from LP's. As of right now I can walk into the local head shop and legally buy seeds from some pretty awesome seed banks. Not just because I'm a medical patient, anyone can. The only difference is I can legally germinate and grow them. But this too will change if the new bill passes.

Legally they are not breaking the law by selling them. They are sold as "heirlooms" in Canada. You buying them is also not illegal. But when you plant them the law changes. Under the new laws seeds will need to be from licences suppliers. Don't worry great seed companies like DNA genetics, Canuck seeds, Barney's and humboldt's are all going to be available in Canada.

I don't think any human should be in a prison for any weed related issue. There's a common ground. But there has to be consequences if you aren't going to follow laws. Let's face it, if everyone just started up a grow op it would be a disaster.
The thing is I don't think everyone will have a grow op. You can brew your own booze or grow your own tobacco yet many people still don't. Cannabis is very easy to grow but harder to do it well.

The thing is I don't think everyone will have a grow op. You can brew your own booze or grow your own tobacco yet many people still don't. Cannabis is very easy to grow but harder to do it well.

Trust me I agree with you. I just think there's a bit of paranoia going on here. I have my license so i am really not that worried about it

Legally they are not breaking the law by selling them. They are sold as "heirlooms" in Canada. You buying them is also not illegal. But when you plant them the law changes. Under the new laws seeds will need to be from licences suppliers. Don't worry great seed companies like DNA genetics, Canuck seeds, Barney's and humboldt's are all going to be available in Canada.
Well see that's where I personally disagree. We should be free to choose who we want to purchase from. If Joe farmer spends 10 years perfecting his genes he should be allowed to sell it providing he pays tax. I also personally believe if Joe farmer wants to cultivate 100 000 plants and make medicine, paper, rope, etc. He should be allowed providing there is proper testing for products being consumed and providing he pays tax on everything else.

I agree. It's still very early to tell what will happen with seeds. But proprietary protection is part of the plan. Otherwise all the big seed companies wouldn't be investing in Canada. DNA has already opened a division within Canuck seeds. You can buy "DNA certified" from them.

Another point I don't agree with is how they will deal with impaired drivers. Currently testing is not accurate. Now let's be clear I am "high" every day. I drive to work "high" and I operate heavy machinery "high" and I am just as sober as the next guy. I don't use high cbd, I use high thc as per my doctor's recommendation. So should I just not be allowed to drive ever and go to jail if I do? Maybe we just need a better field sobriety test?

Back
Top Bottom