Almost there! Missing, Pineapple Express, Trainwreck, Caramelo

LatteBroker

Thought I'd post up a few shots of what I've got cooking at the moment. We're at day 59 right now, but most of these photos were taken on day 52 or 56. Growing in airpots, which are awesome (almost too good, compared to the regular pots I'd been using, had to raise my light all the way).

Pineapple Express is just a short fat beast, and the buds are just getting fatter by the day. I thought this one would only need 8 weeks, but it has at least another week in her. Really sturdy plant that didn't get me an ounce of trouble.

Caramelo is just starting to turn purple, and I'm thinking she'll need another 10 days. Buds are rock hard, the smell is just funky, not really fruity, more floral. She stretched and stretched when I flipped to 12/12. No problems though, and definitely coming her own down the stretch.

Trainwreck. This is the feminized seed from Homegrown. So far so good. From what I can tell through my online research, this plant I'm growing seems to share a lot of similar traits with the original trainwreck from NorCal. I was actually in mendocino last week, and showed a pic of my plant to a few of my buddies friends who have grown for ages, and they were pretty impressed. Regardless, talk about rock hard buds, this thing is basically growing baseballs for buds. They're really weird shaped buds, and kind of have growth coming out all over the place. Medium height and probably another week to go.

Missing. I got this one after seeing a grow in some journal. The plant that I've got growing has been absolutely nothing like the one that I saw in the journal, or the description from the seed company. It was growing short and fat in veg, much like the pineapple express, but when I switched to 12/12 it literally outgrew all of the other plants in height. I was feeding it the same thing that I was feeding the 3 others, but it was throwing off this plant pretty bad, and I was getting some serious issues with the leaves turning brown, yellow, drying out, etc...None of the other plants were showing any signs of this. I tinkered with a few different variables, and have pretty much contained the problem. This bitch didn't start budding until a good 2 weeks after the others, and still looks like it's a good 4-5 weeks away from finishing. The buds are getting huge though. It's supposed to be a 55-60 day strain. I'm anticipating 90 days. WTF?

Enjoy, and feel free to ask any questions about any of my grow.

photo244.JPG

photo-235.JPG

IMG_52961.jpg

photo-178.JPG

IMG_52981.jpg

Here's a few more shots from Day 60...

These 3 are pineapple express:

IMG_53891.JPG
IMG_53901.JPG

IMG_53914.JPG

Pineapple Express. About a week left. Covered in water bottle sized buds. Frosty. Awesome. Smells like Pineapple.

IMG_53952.JPG

Trainwreck. Funky looking buds. Smells like pine sol.

IMG_53921.JPG

Caramelo. Gorgeous...starting to turn purple, give her another 10 days.

IMG_53932.JPG

Eva seeds, Missing. Slow slow slow to start flowering, pain in my ass, but it's starting to get big. Really big. Probably has another month, she's definitely taking her time. Smells like fruit, peaches, oranges, really nice.

IMG_53961.JPG

Nice pics lattebroker.I am growing pineapple chuck and it to has the same smells and look of your pineapple express.Must be a relative huh?Good job on the grow hope mine turns out just as nice.

Nice pics lattebroker.I am growing pineapple chuck and it to has the same smells and look of your pineapple express.Must be a relative huh?Good job on the grow hope mine turns out just as nice.

Thanks! This is only my 2nd grow, so I'm still a rookie, but I've probably invested well over 100 hours reading up on it. Learning so much by the day though, and and expect that I'll yield nearly 2x what I pulled on my first (although I do have 1 plant more than I had the first go). What breeder do the Pineapple Chunk seeds come from? How's the grow been so far? How long is the flowering time on those? Hydro or soil? G13 has an expected flowering time on the PE of 8-9 weeks, but I'm at week 9 right now, and I'm thinking that most of the buds need another week. Let me know if you need any advice!

Well i got the pineapple chuck as a clone off a mother.I think it was from nirvana or possibly advantage seed bank maybe .There being grown in soil(fox farm).10 weeks of flowering time i suspect.The grow itself has been a little awkward getting comfortable im in the 2 week of flower its getting a little easier .There short bushy plants.Kinda kool.Iam also trying 5 ice plants there really hearty.What are you using for soil?

wow, all of your plants look amazing. Those buds are just giant :eek: I am so jealous of you man, but good luck on the final turnout of Eva! Cannot wait to see that, please post pics and details about the amount of dried bud you get :D

I got that train wreck from hgf watch it its very light sensitive and nute sensitive in those last few weeks. Came out dank as fuck with a few pre me seeds.

Holy Shit!! Latte Broker, Those are some of the most beautiful plants I have ever seen. And I have seen many. From the 70's to today. Wow.
Absolutely beautiful. You gotta let me know how the stone is. I will not sleep at night til I know. Doesn't matter which plant, but would like to know which one was the stoniest. You are truly " Keeping It Green" Aloha

Aloha again, I have a few questions. What Nutes are you using? Not just the name but how much of it like per gal/water. How often do you feed.
I always see people post what fertilizers they are using but they never break it down on how they are using them. If it is a secret I understand, but I am working with a few plants. They are all in 5 gal. buckets. Organic soil and grown outdoors, I live in Hawaii and the day/night is 13/11 for the next 2 months than it will be 10/14, so the weather is perfect. I am a newbie on growing but not smoking. I bought seeds from amsterdam and want to do it right. Can you help me? Please. I just need the ratio's of nutes per gal of water. And from the looks of your plants, I want your opinion. Your plants are AWESOME. Aloha..

Good job on the grow, nice finshed product and fat ass buds. For those pineapple express plants, did you top them a couple of times or just let them grow as is?

Good job on the grow, nice finshed product and fat ass buds. For those pineapple express plants, did you top them a couple of times or just let them grow as is?

Appreciate it! Yeah, I topped them and then did some LST kind of wrapping each of the main stems around the outside of the pot. I cut wire coat hangers in half, bent over one end into something of a hook, hooked it over the stem, and then secured it into the soil. Worked like a charm.

I got that train wreck from hgf watch it its very light sensitive and nute sensitive in those last few weeks. Came out dank as fuck with a few pre me seeds.

Just harvested mine! I think I harvested at day 77? I'll try to throw up some pics shortly. Mine was really tough, the least sensitive to nutes of my 4 strains this go around (well, Pineapple Express was also), but yeah, weird ass buds, dense as hell, and a truly funky smell. It's curing as we speak.

Holy Shit!! Latte Broker, Those are some of the most beautiful plants I have ever seen. And I have seen many. From the 70's to today. Wow.
Absolutely beautiful. You gotta let me know how the stone is. I will not sleep at night til I know. Doesn't matter which plant, but would like to know which one was the stoniest. You are truly " Keeping It Green" Aloha

Thank you that's a huge compliment. They're all curing aside from one (Eva Seeds Missing, which is still going to take god knows how long), so I should have a better idea of how they smoke in about a week. I've taken samplers, but the real test is after at least a 2 week cure. So far though, the Caramelo is the stoniest of the bunch.

Here's a few shots from the past week or so. I don't have much time to write, so I'll try to follow up with more descriptions later today:

Root masses from the airpots...love these things:
airpot_31.jpg

Trainwreck at day 79, a day before harvest:

TW_Day_79_2_.JPG
TW_Day_79.JPG

Eva Seeds Missing. This plant gave me a few issues, and is definitely a wacky pheno. Started developing late, had issues with something that I never could quite pinpoint, but then just took off and is now growing buds the size of milk jugs. Based on the trichomes (mostly clear) and the white hairs, she probably has at least 2 more weeks to go, which will put her at 14+ weeks. A little more than I bargained for in every respect:

Missing_Day_80_1_.JPG

IMG_53692.jpg

Eva_Missing_82.JPG

Aloha again, I have a few questions. What Nutes are you using? Not just the name but how much of it like per gal/water. How often do you feed.
I always see people post what fertilizers they are using but they never break it down on how they are using them. If it is a secret I understand, but I am working with a few plants. They are all in 5 gal. buckets. Organic soil and grown outdoors, I live in Hawaii and the day/night is 13/11 for the next 2 months than it will be 10/14, so the weather is perfect. I am a newbie on growing but not smoking. I bought seeds from amsterdam and want to do it right. Can you help me? Please. I just need the ratio's of nutes per gal of water. And from the looks of your plants, I want your opinion. Your plants are AWESOME. Aloha..

I'll try to take a few minutes to write out what I use later today! Thanks for the kind words!

Quick update, now that I've got some photos of the buds after about a week. Smoke report to come after another week or so of curing. They really turned out much better than my first batch...I would go so far as to say that curing and drying is as hard, if not harder, than the actual grow.

Gotta run out the door, but thought I'd post up a few nug shots!

IMG_58251.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

IMG_58222.JPG

IMG_5815.jpg

IMG_58161.jpg

IMG_58201.JPG

Oh, and here's a guide to the photos:

Photo 1) Caramelo

2) Trainwreck

3) Pineapple Express

4) Most of the harvest from 3 plants....minus about an ounce.

5) My last plant that's still flowering. 85 days in. Craziness, this thing is a beast.

6) Pineapple Express

Back
Top Bottom