Mutation - Female Flower Growing From Leaf Stem

Hey all, Smoke2Js here with a picture of a mutation. The strain is my cross of Omrita Rx 3 and Sour D. , she is outside ,in the ground, and going back to veg.
DSCF06093.JPG
DSCF06072.JPG
:thedoubletake:

:popcorn:

Same thing happened here. And it was Sour Diesel too!!! Might be from the strain you think? Let me know.

20130421_195751.jpg
20130421_195743.jpg
20130421_195734.jpg

jefe , thanks:thanks: for sharing the pictures. That really looks funky:goof:. How was the nug?
I think more research would be needed to nail down Sour D., as the cause .
I am getting all my plants tested this year, so at least i will have a more detailed understanding of it, and be diggity danged sure, I am taking cuttings , of everything. :peace:

hey Smoke2, i seen the same on my old buddy who grown Hawaiian snow for years, every run i saw the same, bud-leaves and tiny buds growing directly on stems.
i also have the Bud-leave on one of my Moby Dick Atm, it grows on a large fan-leave which is partly covered with trichs.
your groom is still nice S2.
keep up that good work and knowledge spreading around.
green thoughts

hey jefe, I do and I don't. What I mean is, I use SNS for mold prevention/ treatment and their systemic/spray for insect slaying and prevention fairly early on. For feeding I use a very diluted tea made with Comfrey, Borage, Fennel, Rosemary, Lavender, Chamomile, and Lemon Mint(it all grows in my garden) . I don't spray with nutrients the same week I treat for conditions.

I have yet to feed by leaf with this bunch. I am waiting for the tea to finish cooking. :)

I think I'll give my Bloom Tent the first application of SNS spray tonight near lights out time. Thanxx for the reminder Two Jays.

I know this is old but i absolutely had to say something.. this is the first thing im posting ever but its the reason i joined. im on a bag seed indevour and i have been losing my mind for a few weeks now because i didnt know what was going on with my girls but you just calmed me down completely. The only additional input i have is that yes i totally agree its a sativa thing but also i had a brief period where i allowed my ph to go above 7.5 almost to 8 and thats when i got odd foliage (almost like frog feet) and i too got a mid leaf-stem (correct words?) cluster of buds! Is there any further info on this??

Interesting! If this produces more than normal plants without the mutations but same genetic lineage you may want to stabilize your mutated strains by forcing them to hermaphrodite so you seal in the DNA/ RNA it has that makes it produce more if this is the case. I'm sure you know of ways to do so since you have experience with breeding. Food for the thought.

Back
Top Bottom