Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

Ok guys..... I am A-Train.... I only grow Autoflowering cannabis.. much of the world believes Autoflowering Cannabis plants are small, weak, fragile, can't be topped or trained, and generally not worth the effort.. this thread is to prove ALL of the myths WRONG.... anyone who has some bad ass autos is more than welcome to join in and help out along the way.... here are a few Autoflowering plants of mine.... sorry if there underdeveloped or small or lack trich coverage ;)

20151021_135600.jpg
20151021_090732-1.jpg
20151015_150935.png
20151015_150836.png
Screenshot_2015-10-01-15-33-58-1-1.png
Screenshot_2015-10-01-15-33-46-1.png
20150722_144910.jpg
20150325_142936-1.jpg
431487-blue-auto-mazar-faded187-20150314_111526.jpg
20150403_044438-1.jpg
20150227_140106-1.jpg
20150227_140710-1.jpg

TBH A-Train, when I look at strains to try, 2 things are foremost in my decision making. It definitely has to be good for pain, that's the number one priority for me and the reason I started growing and smoking last spring. Secondly, I look for strains good for daytime pain, and others for nighttime pain and insomnia :)

This year I grew 4 Bomb strains: THC, Cherry, Cluster and Big Bomb. So far, THC Bomb is my favorite for taste and night time use, and I DO like the Cluster Bomb during the day. The Cherry Bomb is OK for daytime but not overly effective for pain and the Big Bomb I have yet to try LOL its still in jars curing.

Well I'm sure if you research (you may already know) lots of folks respond well to cheese strains and also white widow for pain.... Boom... White Cheese Autoflowering – Buy White Cheese Auto cannabis seeds
Here's one autoflower you won't regret for nightie pain relief... just let her amber up real nice....it's a white cheese from dinafem autoflower.

It's the last 2 pics in the top post of pics .. that plant was super fast in the pic she was 58 days old and harvested that day for 80 sum Grams.... I promise she'll do you right

I hardly seem worthy to post on a thread by an epic auto grower, but here are a couple of pics of my NL Auto from Crop King. It was my second grow and I got about 2.5oz dried. First grow wasn't anything worth getting excited about (25g's from 2 plants). I've got a Jack Herer auto that's taking her time shedding the helmut. I'll have the new journal started this weekend.

Enjoy these NL Auto pics

Grow_2_Day_71_days_buds.JPG

Grow_2_Day_Day_78_harvest.JPG

Grow_2_Day_78_colas.JPG

Some amazing autos ATrain!

I'm kind of curious about the various strains but no titles. I'm about to start a bit of a program to wean out the autos from some crosses I've made with autos and regulars. I've used LowRyder1 for some and an established auto, Purple Jem, (Mazar X LR1), for others.

Plan is to grow out a lot of the beans and begin selection for breeders first using ones that will actually autoflower under 20 - 24 hour lighting. Size is not an issue at this point tho preference will be given to those that exhibit the strongest growth and other desirable traits like foliage, smell and branching characteristics.

Size is not an issue for this part as they don't need to be big to breed so small pots with 4 beans in each will be used with males separated out of individual pots as needed. All seeds will be numbered and records kept of each about sprout days, flowering start etc.

I live too far north, just south of 60, for regular plants to barely begin flowering before it gets too cold. We've had frost in the middle of August. With all sorts of dugouts dotting the side roads there is plenty of places to sow seeds next to a water supply and I want to plant a few hundred so need lots of beans. :)

I'm reading your feed schedule for autos and will try that when I get around to growing some for size. I'm already on the Promix/AN nute bandwagon and have been for 14 years or so tho I may use p some other nutes for the initial breeding program. 2-part nutes similar to the older AN 3-part called H.O.G., High Output Garden. Seem to work and the guy who started the company was one of the early developers of the original AN nutes so I'd take it over GH any day. :)

+ reps for all the great info here and at the feeding link. :thumb:

:peace:

This lady was started in fox farm happy frog 3 gal fabric pots with some perlite mixed in. Took about 3 days from going in soil to break surface with first leaves. First fed nutes on day 15 at about 1/2. Alternated watering and feeding. First showed sex around day 26-27. Added Calmag to the watering around day 35 and molasses started at day 57. She was harvested on day 78 (23 days ago)

Lighting is with a Mars old style 300w, an oscillating fan in a 32x18x32 grow tent. I added two 23w CFL's during flowering and rotated her twice a day. Light was, at worst, 4" away from the tops. While ideally they should be further from an LED (or so I'm told), I think rotating helped minimize any one spectrum from dominating. They were on 18x6 consistently. Some heat issues (90+) during a few weeks.

I started LST around day 15. She was very short and stocky. Started with bent shirt hangers and pulled all the longer outside nodes down. Day 24 I pulled the main cola all the way to the side of the pot with string that was anchored to the side - through the fabric. As she filled out, tied the outer nodes down with string. I was concerned about the main cola and untied it. Probably could have gone all the way with it, but I chickened out. Still worked out very well as the outer colas were able to stretch and get fat too, while keeping the overall canopy manageable.

I ran into some issues around day 38 and needed to flush her. PH was way too low. She sprung back well. I did do some trimming through out the grow, but nothing major. Mostly fan leaves to improve flow or partially yellowing. I didn't top or fim, but I have been watching with interest at those that do top/fim or heavy trimming.

I just started a Jack Herer auto last week. Not sure this seed will make it. Kinda poked it a bit tonight to get the shell/lining off and show a little leaf/green a few minutes ago. Put another in water to germinate so I may have two going if the current one actually grows.

I appreciate everyone's experience. I don't have the time or space to be adventurous with my grows. I try to be consistent and follow proven methods. Guys like Atrain are the trailblazers that show growers like me new ways of doing things that are effective.

Great work! :thanks:

Grow_2_in_Jars.JPG

I really liked this one so I thought it was worth a share if you haven't seen in my journal this is an out door red poison not the highest yielding plant but the buds were beautiful. Something to note is that apparently 85% of the plants will get a variation of purple buds in them so out of 3 seeds a chance to get one with a green pheno type is pretty high. Beautiful smelling plant as well it's a nice strain by sweet seeds
20150525_164445-1.jpg
20150526_140246-1.jpg
20150526_140321-1.jpg

Surprising enough the highest yielding auto I've done in a pot on the terrace was a Strike Autoflower from a little know seed bank here in Spain called Queen Seeds

20150417_143706.jpg
20150416_214755.jpg

THC Bomb Auto grown outdoors guerilla style in Denmark (cold, wet climate) planted out late.

WP_20150913_19_09_54_Pro.jpg

Keep up the great wotk A-Train:thumb: and if you come across some mould resistant auto strains for outdoor please let me know:)

THC Bomb Auto grown outdoors guerilla style in Denmark (cold, wet climate) planted out late.

WP_20150913_19_09_54_Pro.jpg

Keep up the great wotk A-Train:thumb: and if you come across some mould resistant auto strains for outdoor please let me know:)

LOVE the THC Bomb. I hit a QP with ease with my candy kush autos. No mold problems. .THC autos usually pork a qp also. Of the dozen or so auto strains I've run, the candy kush and THC Bomb yield the best. Good info, Doc!

Thanks fellas, hey keep the info coming... there are a lot of folks on the fence about autos and are missing out on such a quick and reliable recourse because of old horror stories of the beginning ruderalis..... things have changed folks....

There is nothing simpler than autos for a first grow or a single tent perpetual grow.... just set your light to 18/6 or 20/4 plant and let them grow.... just feed and water.... Everytime a plant comes out place another right in its spot... too easy

Bring me in! I'll gladly join forces here. I believe you're one of our most valuable assets Atrain, and this thread is long overdue. Like you needed another one, eh? :laughtwo:

I have things to attend to, but I'll be back later with a report on my first harvest and any auto strains I think might be relevant here.

Great work Atrain. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom