Talk about a stubborn clone

Curly Beaver

I took this stubborn clone off a flowering PainKiller XL, 9 days before harvest, 5 weeks ago and it is just now showing some new growth. I probably should have pitched it long ago but I wanted to see if I could do it if I ever got in a jam. I am starting to think she may make it.

Clone219.jpg
Clone64.jpg

She was looking so perky I decided to put her in a nice 2 gallon pot.
Looking back at my notes - I took this clone on December 7th off of a plant that was 7 days from harvesting, after 8 weeks in flower.
Now that she has turned the corner and l figure she's gonna make it I had to cull another plant to get down to my 12 plant maximum. That was hard to do because I had to whack down a nice healthy 18" Blue Blood to stay legal. (I still have 4 Blue Bloods :)

If we had an Ugly Duckling clone of the month contest I'd enter this one.
Oh well, time to get out the juicer out :thumb:
PKXL25.jpg
PKXL33.jpg

I have 2 more flowering clones that are in better shape, but I'm not to sure how to go about trimming them. I am starting to wonder if all that thick undergrowth is sapping up the energy on the PK-XL in particular. Are you supposed to trim them, or let them go? I will include all 3 this time, and comments about what should be done are welcome. I know one is starting to look thirsty..they get fed tomorrow :)
First is the PK-XL. I need to figure out how to jump start it.
PKXL4.jpg

Next is a Grand Daddy Purple
GDP67.jpg

And a Durga Mata ll CBD.
DM14.jpg

What do you think, should I trim them or let them go?
Thanks

I have 2 more flowering clones that are in better shape, but I'm not to sure how to go about trimming them. I am starting to wonder if all that thick undergrowth is sapping up the energy on the PK-XL in particular. Are you supposed to trim them, or let them go?
I am finding that it is best to bend a clone over when it does this, and expose this thick middle growth to the light and the air. Bending down the top sends signals to accelerate this growth, and if you also trim the top dominant growth tip to slow everything down, the plants seem to explode with growth. I love complex clones... they turn into big producers if you let them.

I would still be trimming... it is the difference between 2 oz per plant vs 3 to 4 oz... but it has to do with time too... you have to decide whether you have another 10 days to develop new growth after a trim, I would say go for it.

I do have time, I need to have everything on 12/12 on Feb 18th. so I'll trim them up a bit.
Thanks for taking the time to have a look-see.

I will also do a ~lil bondage here shortly:thumb:

How big are those pots? Were you able to get a look at their roots somewhere along the line?

How big are those pots? Were you able to get a look at their roots somewhere along the line?

I put them in 2 gallon Smart Pots on Jan 22nd, at that time the PK-XL's roots were not the greatest but the other two were good. I did trim up the PK-XL..... there was some strange goings on underneath all that greenery and I'm hoping they weren't balls! They are gone now but I'll be watching closely.

I am finding that it is best to bend a clone over when it does this, and expose this thick middle growth to the light and the air. Bending down the top sends signals to accelerate this growth, and if you also trim the top dominant growth tip to slow everything down, the plants seem to explode with growth. I love complex clones... they turn into big producers if you let them.

wait 'til you see what the ugly duckling does :) by the time you clean it up, clone it and put it to flower it will have some age. like Em said, not so much slowing them down as buying time on the front side, but it can come at a cost if you are not prepared for a very large plant lol. many strains, especially indicas do this but starting age tends to be forgotten as a rule to the 6oz plus plant. regardless of it's starting size. :Namaste:

wait 'til you see what the ugly duckling does :) by the time you clean it up, clone it and put it to flower it will have some age. like Em said, not so much slowing them down as buying time on the front side, but it can come at a cost if you are not prepared for a very large plant lol. many strains, especially indicas do this but starting age tends to be forgotten as a rule to the 6oz plus plant. regardless of it's starting size. :Namaste:

Now that would be a nice problem to deal with :thumb:

Here is an easier Blue Blood Clone in a 2 gallon Smart Pot. She has been in 12/12 for 4 weeks today.
Mon21.jpg
Mon12.jpg

She needed water so I thought I'd get her out for some fresh air too.

Here is that "STUBBORN" clone that started this thread. I did not put her in flower as I had originally planned, but instead let it veg for another couple weeks and now I don't have room so I'll probably keep her in veg another 3 weeks or so.
To summarize it is a PK-XL taken very late in flower on November 17th. That puts it at almost 14 weeks to get to this point.
PK110.jpg
PK27.jpg

Further you are into flower the longer it takes them to root. Thats why most take them at 2 weeks into flower when monster cropping. Either way looks great

Vlad's 10 week clone Acapulco Gold, no hormone powder, plucked in December

IMG_084828.JPG

I have a 13 weeker from a purple sativa strain coming up soon

It might be better with rooting gel.

V :bongrip:

Acapulco Gold is a strain on my bucket list Vlad. Have you grown it before?

Nope. I over fed the mother, sativas don't like a lot of nutrients as do the Indicas we all know and love. So I cloned it and want to try again for a perfect run.

The mother is ready to harvest in 29 days I believe...

day41b1.JPG

V

Back
Top Bottom