Day 35 of flower:

KIMG1352.jpg
KIMG1353.jpg
KIMG1354.jpg
KIMG1345.jpg
KIMG1350.jpg
KIMG1343.jpg

:love:

So, I didn't think she would get much bigger. These buds have really filled out. Day 49 of flower. Barneys seeds say she takes 90-100 days... She almost looks ready, now.. It's going to be hard to wait.

KIMG1425.jpg
KIMG1421.jpg
KIMG1417.jpg
KIMG1422.jpg
KIMG1423.jpg
KIMG1424.jpg

:love:

Day 62 of flower:

KIMG1441.jpg
KIMG1439.jpg
KIMG1443.jpg
KIMG1442.jpg

I was in the room at the very moment the top decided to flop over. Scared the shit out of me! I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye. When I realized it was the cola falling over, I about died laughing.

:love::love::love:

Today I found a few red trichomes at the bottom of a few of the taller foxtailing calyxes. Barneys seeds says 90-100 days but it is only day 70.

I am on a 13/11 off/on light schedule. Flushed recently and am still fertilizing with flowering formula.

I also think I found several male flowers. They were like immature yellow pistillate hairs that came in pairs. I plucked them. I looked carefully for more and found none. I have no experience with these. I have heard they can cause seeds. I don't mind having to pinch a couple seeds but I don't want the bud riddled with it.

If there are seeds, would they be worth planting?

I am thoroughly impressed with this plant. It is such an exotic looking sativa. I never thought I would have seen it. I could not have imagined such beauty. I can't wait to light it on fire.

Any advice is appreciated.

:love::love:

Sounds like nanners. Can you post a pic though? Nanners do lead to seeds, which would be worth saving IMO (though the plants they produce might be prone to nanners as well). But... Seeds take time to properly mature - like a month or 5 weeks. So, you may have to leave a pollinated branch or two in flowering mode after you harvest the rest, or something...
Nice plant. Seems like a good strain whenever I see it.

I'm with weasel on this one: they're probably nanners but we need pics.
As far as the seeds go that's a hard one. I remember reading about making feminized seeds from female plants that go so late into flower that they grow their own nanners to pollinate themselves. I don't remember well and I don't have time to look it up right now. Maybe someone with more experience breeding can help out.
If I was in your skin I'd just keep an eye on her and pluck off any possible nanners I see (at least until someone with more breeding experience can confirm or deny what I just said).
If you harvest the whole plant at once it might be a good idea to dry an cure the possibly contaminated nugs seperately. Smoke'll be harsher with half grown seeds in it.
This is a terrible reply. I've said nothing useful...:sorry:

Well... I found what I was talking about earlier:
"There is also another method for creating feminised seeds called rhodelisation, which was developed by the breeder Soma. Rhodelisation means that you allow a female plant to flower for an unnaturally long period of time in order for it to produce a few male flowers. Remaining unfertilised late in the season constitutes a problem for the female plant so she tries to self-pollinate in order to preserve her genes. This method is substantially more time consuming but it provides a natural way of producing feminised seeds without subjecting the plants to extreme levels of stress. It is however not an alternative if time is a factor and that is usually the case. This method takes about twice as long to complete, depending on the flowering cycle of the strain that is feminised."

Not sure if that's what happened to Dr.G, but having hermied so late in the grow odds seem pretty good.
Someone on here has to have tested this out. Looks like I'm gonna be busy with a few searches tonight. :reading420magazine:

Sorry about the babbling but after a bit of research it seems like the odds Dr.G not being a plain old hermie aren't as good as I thought.
I'm gonna stick to my first post: pluck the nanners and store the buds that might've been affected seperately.

Okay I harvested her on day 84.

Nice big top:
KIMG1509.jpg

These buds are much different than I am used to. They are light and fluffy and are not the same shape as other buds I have grown and smoked.
KIMG1510.jpg

A couple of buds towards the bottom of the plant turned brown and dry:
KIMG1507.jpg

The smell is completely unlike any kind of weed I have experiences. Not fruity at all. More like herbs and sweet incense. Hard to describe.

:love::love::love:

Oh yes! It is all I will smoke lately. Very interesting and unique taste. Strong weed.

I just had one start to put out nanners. I can see seeds growing now. I think I might pull it, but we will see. It only has another month... I stressed it a bit with the lights: power went out a couple of times, lights got left on overnight. etc. I know any plant can go herm but I think these ones are much more likely.

Good luck:). I would love to see some pics.

That's good to hear Lazyfish. Mine is a outdoor girl that will probably go to November. From what I have read it's worth the wait. Should be a beast by then!:thumb:

The nanners may not have had pollen in them. Also they may have come at the end of flower too late to pollinate. Many options, but some strains throw nanners late in flower.

Back
Top Bottom