Malawi Gold

lazyfish

Malawi Gold from Ace seeds; day 40 of flower. Only about 24 inches tall.

KIMG1408.jpg
KIMG1403.jpg
KIMG1404.jpg
KIMG1407.jpg

:love:

Glad you've made it with MG, how are the trichs?

There are more trichs on her than other strains that I have seen. Buds are real dense.

If you mean the color-- they are still clear.

Its strange... the last Malawi that I flowered had red trichs at 65 days and I have heard that it should be flowered for 11 weeks or more...
The 65 day buds did not give a particularly strong high, as I have heard Mailwi should be. . .

Nice to hear from you conradino!
:smokin:

Try 11/13 on her!

That is actually what I use. Mostly because it cuts down on electricity a bit.
Does it help quicken flowering?

Yes it should, you'll mimic tropical daylight time that way.

Don't get trichs get too amber. Actually pull her out when you see any!

Dang... So I grew this same plant (this is a clone from her) a few months ago and I pulled her at day 68. There were red trichs and I figured she was ready by the look of the bud (previous photo).

The quality of the bud was fine, but it did not give the intense rushing/ trippy/ daytime kind of high that I was looking for.

I thought that I might have pulled her too early and that was why the buds were not so potent. Ace Seeds says that they ripen around day 88-100. I am on 11/13 day/night which is supposed to help ripen quicker, but by an entire month?

I saw only a few ( 1 or 2%) red trichs this morning and thought I would give her at least a couple weeks more because of my previous experience.

Now I am torn... Do I pull her, or wait?

Thank you for your input conradino. Have you seen the pics of this Dr. Grinspoon?

She is a real beauty. A lot to handle indoors...

Here are a couple more pics of the Malawi just for giggles....

KIMG1447.jpg
KIMG1446.jpg

She looks ready, am I right?

:love::love::love:

Oh she does but indoor plants flower differently than outdoor ones. Mine was pulled with mixture of trichs and the high was crazy, but yours could take more cause she'll flower with different wavelength. I'd take one popcorn bud, smoke it and then decide if this is the right time or not just yet.

Sent from my SM-T335 using 420

So the quick smoke was no good. The bud is incredibly dense but does not give a high.

I have been growing for less than a year but have been smoking for ten. I never thought a (quick-dry-smoke-test) was reliable but it makes sense.

..also tried the Dr. Grinspoon yesterday and it gave the same result but the Malawi was a much smoother smoke...

I dry my samples it for 3-4 days before smoking, and they always get me high. Your plant looks ready, weird.

I agree that it does look ready. I placed the wet bud on a light fixture and it was dry 8 hours later...Smoked it and I have had better. Maybe it is just a weak phenotype? It grows well.

Do you think that even with the red trichs that it will ripen more or get much stronger after a week or two?

If it doesn't get you high wait!

Back
Top Bottom