10 days into flowering - Let's hear what you have to say

House81

20160209_190341.jpg

1st grow, topped , using very mild nuwts
1000w dimmed to 600w hps for flowering

360w mh/hps conversion for veg, veg time roughly 5-6 weeks, over watered once corrected right away, showing slight signs of nitrogen toxicity, but seems to be growing fine older leaves are dark everything new seems healthy ..

Pick away at me I'm new haha

Hi House81,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and community of folks that gathers here! :welcome:

Your girls look great! Congrats. Perhaps you're new enough to the site to not have realized it, but we don't "pick away" at one another here. We are a supportive and encouraging group that share a mutual the enjoyment of, and passion for, cannabis.

I am curious why you have dimmed your light to 600 watts during the flowering period. I've just never heard of anyone doing that and would love to learn.

Be well and happy growing!

Hey TanR

Im doing the same thing is that not a good idea? Being inexperienced I let my girls veg too long so they are really tall and I didnt want to burn them.. But I was also to scared to cut them lol... if it stays at 600 opposed to 1000 or even 750 would I notice a significant difference in bud production? Sorry for all the newb questions

Saving as much on hydro as I can haha , no I know people dont pick on people, I ment comment away and I'm always up for any pointers. . Probably for the last half of flowering I might crank the light up, I'm just on a bit of a budget with the monthly bills and don't wanna see them go out of control

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!
I thought perhaps there was a benefit to the plant of which I was unaware.

hi blackboy.

Not a bad idea as far as I know, just never heard of anyone doing it. Perhaps it occurs more often than I'm aware. I've just always been really comfortable cutting stuff back when needed and generally wish I had more light rather than less. I don't suspect you'll notice much if any difference in bud production.

Aswell as its in a closet so I'm already pushing 80° by the end of the day, so I have a hear issue to try and control ..

It's amazing how much they grow everyday now thought !

Nice! You're saving 40% from the energy aspect of this since you aren't using full strength 1,000 watts. Doing so you'll notice that heat wont be as big a problem to tackle. For the number of plants you have, running your light this wattage will be plenty. You're probably also wondering what's going on with flower production too, don't worry it will be alright. Things take a while to get going at first during the transition the plants will stretch at least a few inches before starting to really bloom.

Looks really nice one suggestion tho. If you can find a way to hang the thermometer to be a canopy level the temps can jump almost 15* between the tops of your plants and the floor.

Wow, Absolutely gorgeous House. :bravo: You sure this is your first time growing? LOL

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with more experience! :yikes:

Thanks , ya first time but I did alot of research, still read every day.
Hard part is when to cut it down, week 8 now but only 1/4 have turned lower are all white still . So I'm thinking with in another week . .

Next I'll dabble in some sour diesel. Gotta keep my friends happy

Back
Top Bottom