Long time lurker - Second grow

Jimboswood

New member here ... long time lurker!

On my second grow ... week 5 of flowering (apart from the auto, which is at 6 weeks; sadly on 12/12 to accommodate the photos). 8 varieties ... all going well.
In coco, 2 x 600w air cooled Lumatek dual spectrums with lumatek digital ballast. Supplementary lighting provided by 2 x Mars 600s (but on staggered settings as they heat things up too much)
Just wanted to say HI !

Also ... thanks to all posters - their experience has helped with this and my previous grow ... you may not know it, but you've all saved me a lot of wasted time and trial and error ...!:goodjob:

OG Kush: Amazing colours: bright green with blue buds. Smells like a lemon aftershave I used to own. Light yielder.
IMG_051553.JPG
IMG_051750.JPG
IMG_051649.JPG
IMG_051154.JPG

Northern Light Auto; 10 wk finish; Yield 90 gms
IMG_051039.JPG

White Widow; 8 wk finish
IMG_051447.JPG
IMG_051344.JPG

Cheese; 8 wk finish; stretchy
IMG_051238.JPG
IMG_050631.JPG

The others (I'm embarrassed to say) were mixed up during propagation ... they are: Dance world; candy Kush Fast; Critical; and Critical Kush Fast

Please let me know what you think .... happy to answer any questions

Best

Jimbo

Thanks.
I've got an idea of what they might be .... think I'll narrow it down as the end nears.
Just looking forward to them being dried and jarred ... and starting my next grow.
It's quite addictive! The growing that is ...

These look excellent good job! .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Sneaky
Just checked out your outdoor grow .... wish I could get these things up to that size ...! What do you harvest from one of those? Would guess a 1lb or so ...
I'm going to give outdoor a try this summer .... I only get about 7 hours of direct sunlight a day so will have to move them around a bit and give them some indoor help, if I can figure it out.
I'd love to grow one of those monsters ...

New member here ... long time lurker!

On my second grow ... week 5 of flowering (apart from the auto, which is at 6 weeks; sadly on 12/12 to accommodate the photos). 8 varieties ... all going well.
In coco, 2 x 600w air cooled Lumatek dual spectrums with lumatek digital ballast. Supplementary lighting provided by 2 x Mars 600s (but on staggered settings as they heat things up too much)
Just wanted to say HI !

Also ... thanks to all posters - their experience has helped with this and my previous grow ... you may not know it, but you've all saved me a lot of wasted time and trial and error ...!:goodjob:

OG Kush: Amazing colours: bright green with blue buds. Smells like a lemon aftershave I used to own. Light yielder.
IMG_051553.JPG
IMG_051750.JPG
IMG_051649.JPG
IMG_051154.JPG

Northern Light Auto; 10 wk finish; Yield 90 gms
IMG_051039.JPG

White Widow; 8 wk finish
IMG_051447.JPG
IMG_051344.JPG

Cheese; 8 wk finish; stretchy
IMG_051238.JPG
IMG_050631.JPG

The others (I'm embarrassed to say) were mixed up during propagation ... they are: Dance world; candy Kush Fast; Critical; and Critical Kush Fast

Please let me know what you think .... happy to answer any questions

Best

Jimbo
How did critical kush come out?? I am doing a kush winter vanilla critical and afghan

How did critical kush come out?? I am doing a kush winter vanilla critical and afghan

Hi Ken
I'm only a few days further along than the pictures. I'll post some more pics when I take them out to the beauty parlour in a couple of days ... light haircut, flush ... that sort of thing.

It's by far my favourite strain in the grow room .... smoked some over in CA (really expensive though!!!) and thought I'd give growing it a try ... the smells and colours of the plant are amazing. I thought I had a N deficiency for the first half of the grow ... it was bright green/yellow colour ... then the buds came out slightly blue. The smell of the buds is mind-blowing (like a fragrant lemon scent with the just lightest hint of weed).

No problems at all with growing it so far ... sucked up the nutrients (Calmag; canna coco; PK; canna boost; some Advanced Nutrients leftovers from first grow) - no burn at all. My temperatures and humidity have been pretty spot on this grow - tending towards the lower end of whats acceptable as its Winter here (daytimes 70-79; nighttimes 55-65; humidity 40%)

Each cola looks as though it might produce c 5gms; secondary colas are developing well and half the size; good frosting on buds and leaves; I topped once and fimmed once. Heavily lollypopped at week 3 flowering; Some defoliation at week 5; Buds are swelling & hardening nicely at week 6 and calyxes starting to poke through. Curiously with this strain (unlike the others I'm growing atm), the pistils on top are still straight and the ones one the side are maturing, so I'm hoping I might continue to get upwards growth ...

It's not a high yielder, but hoping the smoke will make it worthwhile, and curing doesn't damage any of flavours. I think I'll harvest 100-150 gms in total from this plant.

Next time, I'll have it a lot longer in veg, do some serious training ... I think the yield could double.

Plant training is my speciality, i love taking a xmas tree and shaping her the way i want to my current project has 2 mothers going into flower and a afghan kush going in as well. The afghan was topped and tied down. Now my secondary branches have grown in i am tying those back and keeping her low and even. She is in dwc with a huge airstone so her root ball at 3.5 weeks is HUGE already. In the past two days i have gotten 4 inches of growth all around bc of my dwc ppm is nice and high with a root protection and earth juice hi-brix for sugars so she can eat carbs. Its amazing the things you can do to these pretty ladies. Check out my two threads my barneys blue cheese and cotton candy grow, and also " am guessing how long" both have good plant training in them and different styles. Hope it helps u if you have any questions please ask away even tho i am sure you have more knowledge then me

Thanks Ken
I'll check out your thread .... early stage plant training is my next priority. I'll get back to you with some questions ...

btw - just realised my last description was for the OG Kush !!!
The Critical kush fast that I'm growing is in week 6 - I mixed up some of the plants in propagation - I think its either the 4th or the 7th photo.

Either way, it was an easy plant to grow - I messed up a bit with nutrients in the step-up nutrients phase early flowering (I changed nutrient meters and didn't notice that the new one was scaled differently ... ended up feeding them all what I thought was 1000ppm and turned out to be much higher). One of these two had a slight nute burn problem (photo 7) - and the other one just exploded (photo 4).

Both are in week 6, pistils still white and straight ... growing steadily. I had to put a couple of yo-yo supports on both as some branches were flagging under the weight. Main buds are 15 cm long ... already struggling to encircle them with thumb and finger. Difficult to gauge how much smell they have as the grow room has more pungent varieties that kind of take over ...

Yield? Reckon I'll get c. 200+gms from photo 4, 150+ from photo 7. Highest yielders of this grow ...
Again - minimal plant training, topped and fimmed to avoid Xmas tree; little bit of tying up during flowering ... I'll check your threads out to see what can be done ...
Cheers

Those sure are some purty buds. Im right where you are, 2nd grow almost 6 weeks into flower. I definitely need to do some training my next grow as well, my colas look like they are trying to lay down on the ground lol. Look forward to seeing what you get from this harvest. :goodjob: :bravo:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Those sure are some purty buds. Im right where you are, 2nd grow almost 6 weeks into flower. I definitely need to do some training my next grow as well, my colas look like they are trying to lay down on the ground lol. Look forward to seeing what you get from this harvest. :goodjob: :bravo:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Plant training can mean 1oz to 8oz same strain ,plant,environment evrrything but training will get those extra budsites to be evenly distribution of light. I am a hydro guy so i dont like soil but for mothers. They go into 5 gallon fabric pots. I just cloned 16 cuts expected 12 to live all but one didnt root. So now i am double potted for a couple and they are going into flower quickly. No training i also have 2 mothers going in and are nice bushes and also a afghan kush with lst and topped.

Hi Ken
I'm only a few days further along than the pictures. I'll post some more pics when I take them out to the beauty parlour in a couple of days ... light haircut, flush ... that sort of thing.

It's by far my favourite strain in the grow room .... smoked some over in CA (really expensive though!!!) and thought I'd give growing it a try ... the smells and colours of the plant are amazing. I thought I had a N deficiency for the first half of the grow ... it was bright green/yellow colour ... then the buds came out slightly blue. The smell of the buds is mind-blowing (like a fragrant lemon scent with the just lightest hint of weed).

No problems at all with growing it so far ... sucked up the nutrients (Calmag; canna coco; PK; canna boost; some Advanced Nutrients leftovers from first grow) - no burn at all. My temperatures and humidity have been pretty spot on this grow - tending towards the lower end of whats acceptable as its Winter here (daytimes 70-79; nighttimes 55-65; humidity 40%)

Each cola looks as though it might produce c 5gms; secondary colas are developing well and half the size; good frosting on buds and leaves; I topped once and fimmed once. Heavily lollypopped at week 3 flowering; Some defoliation at week 5; Buds are swelling & hardening nicely at week 6 and calyxes starting to poke through. Curiously with this strain (unlike the others I'm growing atm), the pistils on top are still straight and the ones one the side are maturing, so I'm hoping I might continue to get upwards growth ...

It's not a high yielder, but hoping the smoke will make it worthwhile, and curing doesn't damage any of flavours. I think I'll harvest 100-150 gms in total from this plant.

Next time, I'll have it a lot longer in veg, do some serious training ... I think the yield could double.
What is the seed breeder, bc critical kush i.got says 600g/m2 which should equal about 8oz off a regular fem not trained and veg for 4 weeks in dwc is my experience

Hi Ken,
Both Critical and Criitical Kush were Royal Queen Seeds ... I wish I knew which plant was which ... one of them has some crazy bud development ... buds off spindly lower side shoots about 12cm (that I'd probably have trimmed off if they were in an easier to reach position when I was lollypopping) ... maybe 75% of the size of the main colas. Both strains still have white pistils so are taking longer than the rest ... I'd guess about ten to fourteen days behind.

Back
Top Bottom