Round leaf strain - Test plant

Fullyspectrum

Below is a beautiful strain thats slowly coming along, you probably noticed it already looks different to usual seedlings thats because it is. Breed to not have the serated fingers of standard leaves however to have a more rounded leaf. Will post more pictures as matures.

20170131_123416.jpg

Bred to not have the serated fingers of standard leaves however to have a more rounded leaf. Will post more pictures as matures.

Is there a particular benefit to the rounded leaves or are you just a mad scientist like me and just do things to prove you can?

I think I'm going to grab a seat for the long haul on this one! Breeding for specific traits is so huge in agriculture. Seeing it done for a specific leaf shape is VERY NEAT. I think one function will be that it won't look like marijiana from a distance. Perhaps more stealthy of an outdoor grow. At least until the smell of flower lol.

I have a bubbas gift that's noticeably close to having that look. I'm sub'd.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is there a particular benefit to the rounded leaves or are you just a mad scientist like me and just do things to prove you can?

I think I'm going to grab a seat for the long haul on this one! Breeding for specific traits is so huge in agriculture. Seeing it done for a specific leaf shape is VERY NEAT. I think one function will be that it won't look like marijiana from a distance. Perhaps more stealthy of an outdoor grow. At least until the smell of flower lol.

Yea just so it has no apperance of regular cannabis can be vegged outside while blending into garden and then coukd even be moved inside to force flower via 12/12.

That is definitely the only give away once buds start forming and can't hide the smell.

Thinking of breeding a few more generations and see if can improve leaf shape. Then may try breed in some Auto genetics and see if can get auto and leaf shape to hold. Nice little project.

Yea just so it has no apperance of regular cannabis can be vegged outside while blending into garden and then coukd even be moved inside to force flower via 12/12.

Then may try breed in some Auto genetics and see if can get auto and leaf shape to hold. Nice little project.
Yes, it is a wonderful project!!! What have you seen as far as changes in terpene production, potency, and yield changes, if any?

Yes, it is a wonderful project!!! What have you seen as far as changes in terpene production, potency, and yield changes, if any?

The leaf structure hasn't had any effect on the yield. Plant size is medium to large. I'm thinking auto strain will definitely effect yield and plant size. Not sure what potency will be like with ruderalis genetics in the mix. Thinking of using lowryder #2 genetics to bring auto into the mix. Prob will be a very very long process to get anything stable and breeding true.

Hey Fullyspectrum, I'm growing Northern Lights autos with seeds bought from Royal Queen and was rather surprised to see the second set of leaves were really rounded! Thought you might be interested to see :)

Wow nice looking little seedling and yea the centre finger is quite rounded. Much like my baby, except the NL Auto still has the 3 finger leaf as expected. Interesting to see if middle continues to round off throughout the grow. Def keep me posted. Could be a good way to see what others strains have ability to be breed for a rounder leaf

Sure, will do. It's interesting that the 3rd set of leaves seem to be a normal spear shape at the moment and it's only that centre finger on 2nd set that's round. Anyway feel free to check out my grow journal I've just started. I've got some new CFLs coming tomorrow so will post some updated pics in a couple of days.

I hope your baby is okay after the rain!

Peace :Namaste:

Sure, will do. It's interesting that the 3rd set of leaves seem to be a normal spear shape at the moment and it's only that centre finger on 2nd set that's round. Anyway feel free to check out my grow journal I've just started. I've got some new CFLs coming tomorrow so will post some updated pics in a couple of days.

I hope your baby is okay after the rain!

Peace :Namaste:

I'm going to head right over and sub. Keen to watch the party unfold. And see how leaves develop for sure.

Might give an Auto a grow next, onlyever done photo but seems to be a lot of quality auto's now.

Got a few to choice from, when time comes down the track to try breed a round leaf auto variety.

Ive seen these ducks foot breeds on dutch passions website. They are super stealth. If the round leaf characteristic could be bred with a low odor strain it would be a stellar stealth outdoor plant.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Ive seen these ducks foot breeds on dutch passions website. They are super stealth. If the round leaf characteristic could be bred with a low odor strain it would be a stellar stealth outdoor plant.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Ahh yes I know the breed you are refering to. I'm quite interested in that breeds genetics. Only commercial breed I have seen released.

If you guys know of others let me know.

Amature mistake was made... as plant was waterlogged moved into fabric pot with fresh soil. However placed in a area that got direct intense sunlight. As plant was just repotted had minimal roots grown so water absorption was limited. Plus the new dry soil I added caused it to now show signs of heat stress and mild sun burn.

Moved into a recovery area out of direct light. Watered and misted leaves to aid moisture recovery. Little worse for wear but will bounce back.

Girls starting to look a hell of a lot bettter, recovered from the damage. A few dead spots on leaves but all new growth is looking healthy. Will put up a picture shortly, little girl looks like she is battling the "round leaf" thrown out a very small fan leaf point. Can see it in top most leaf on earlier picture. Strain still looks nothing like regular cannabis, though leaf could be perfect if stayed completely round.

Back
Top Bottom