New learner - First Grow Attempt

garryyjr

Hello all. This is my first attempt at growing.

So far, all I have done is give water. She, hopefully a she, is a day over 3 weeks since Sandee (her name) has sprouted through the soil.

I plan on doing an indoor for her. I have been looking at different options as I am on a tight budget. I Have yet to get anything. I seen some use the storage bin/container but I also seen the u haul box set up.

Any info, help, criticism would be great.
19867179_10154657605256889_32909739_o.jpg

19866980_10154657605456889_252515422_o.jpg

19859239_10154657605086889_1596909884_o.jpg

I just learned about the auto seeds. Those are on my list soon as I learn where to get them at.

This place has been awesome in the 2 active days I have been on here. Thanks!

Why just water? Does your soil have nutes in it?

What lights you using? Best to knock off those water droplets, they are magnifying lenses with the light, and will burn your plant.

Water cause I am researching still. I was not prepared right, my fault.

This is the soil I am using.
13983742.jpg

No lights yet, going to get some CFL Wednesday or this weekend. Been outside getting sunlight.

Water is off the leafs now. Thanks.

I think I am going to do a closet grow for this plant.

Although I've seen people do it, the MG soil is super hard to grow in as it is fortified with nutrients that are time released and out of your control. Not such a bad thing for hardened plants, but these girls are sensitive. When you up pot her into a larger pot (Free at a garden centre), use the money you saved on a bag of Promix HP. That is about as inexpensive ($12)of an insurance policy as you'll get. You'll still have to monitor her as her roots will still be in MG, UT you'll be able to help and control her if/as she needs it. Also try to get your hands on some lose dose nutrients. Also, if you're going with a UHAUL box, remember to LST her so she doesn't get too tall and grow into the CFLS you mentioned.

Although I've seen people do it, the MG soil is super hard to grow in as it is fortified with nutrients that are time released and out of your control. Not such a bad thing for hardened plants, but these girls are sensitive. When you up pot her into a larger pot (Free at a garden centre), use the money you saved on a bag of Promix HP. That is about as inexpensive ($12)of an insurance policy as you'll get. You'll still have to monitor her as her roots will still be in MG, UT you'll be able to help and control her if/as she needs it. Also try to get your hands on some lose dose nutrients. Also, if you're going with a UHAUL box, remember to LST her so she doesn't get too tall and grow into the CFLS you mentioned.
Lot of that is foreign.. I'll research.
Water cause I am researching still. I was not prepared right, my fault.

This is the soil I am using.
13983742.jpg

No lights yet, going to get some CFL Wednesday or this weekend. Been outside getting sunlight.

Water is off the leafs now. Thanks.

I think I am going to do a closet grow for this plant.

Lol.... I don't mind answering questions LOL. Mg stands for Miracle Grow soil, LST stands for low-stress training, promix HP is a type of soil which is actually totally inert and does not contain any nutrients or for that matter soil whatsoever. It is 50% dried peat moss and 50% perlite. The perlite is intended to increase drainage in the peat moss is intended to attract moisture and hold it there for the plant to grow on. Not sure if you know exactly how this works or not but as you pour nutrients into the soil, those nutrients in most cases are salt-based, the cheaper salt based nutrients use a cheaper salt and therefore the salt can get trapped in your soil. That is what is spoken about or meant when people say nutrient lockout because the salt have actually clogged the plants abilities to be able to uptake new nutrients into their roots stems and flowers.

Miracle Grow soil is time-released, meaning it has the necessary nitrogen potassium and phosphorus in it to be able to sustain a plant throughout its entire life I E 6 months or so in your Planters or your garden. Problem is, the concentrations are so hi that if they get released in correctly they will end up burning the shit out of your plant and giving you undesired effect. That's why I'm saying when you up pot into a larger pot, try not to disturb any of the existing rootes but also try to introduce it into a 3 - 4 gallon pot that is filled with pre-moistened promix HP.

Good stuff Guy,

You know, for first timers, Id look into KindSoil, thats the name. Think its like $25 or so for a 5lb bag, and you just add a few inches to the bottom of your pot, and then fill the rest with something like FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil, that you can get at most garden centers.

The cool thing about the KindSoil is you just simply water, and never have to add any nutrients, for the life of the plant. Im not a rep for the Company, but man, the stuff is freakin great, especially for new grows.

So for around $45, you have a worry free set-up, headache free. Of course things like pests and such, but thats about it.

If i ever got back to soil based medium, thats all i would every use. Im coco now. SHe is still young, so if you can get to the store, get some Foxfarm ocean forest soil, knock off the roots, and get her into the new soil, you have a great chance of being successful still.

Its a learning process, have fun buddy.

For sure, but isn't the Kindsoil, not unlike MG then (time released )? I'm unfamiliar with it. PROMIX HP, no bugs, no fuss....it's all in taste, how easy you want it to be etc.....

Not really Guy. Here is how it works. The more you add to the bottom, the longer you veg for. So, theroreticly, the roots eat thru the kindsoil as it needs it. The "Time Release " is determined by the depth of the kindsoil. So if you plant needs 8 weeks to finish, half inch per week. If you plan to veg for 3 weeks, add another inch or so deep. so 5 inches of kindsoil at the bottom, topped with FoxFarm ocean forest soil, which is kinda hot to start with, grows a very nice plant. from start to finish.

This is my grow Used with Kindsoil and FoxFarm Ocean forest. I had to chop early to, because of mold risk due to not having a dehumidifier, still had 3-4 weeks left, but smoked awesome. They were cloudy tri's.

driz11.png

driz12.png

That was Fire OG, and just had a seed popped thru coco today, sooooo, im fired up for this round, lol.. Not using KindSoil tho, using Coco and Fox Farm trio. I went off the rails doing hydro, dwc and blahblahblah, wasited freaking 2 months BSn around with that shtshow, lol..
Not one single definiacy on that plant. Were it looks like some of the leafs were chewed up, i was doing a "stress experiment" like a bug nibbling off the leaf, lol.. WTH, tweeds do that to the brain, bhahaha

Not really Guy. Here is how it works. The more you add to the bottom, the longer you veg for. So, theroreticly, the roots eat thru the kindsoil as it needs it. The "Time Release " is determined by the depth of the kindsoil. So if you plant needs 8 weeks to finish, half inch per week. If you plan to veg for 3 weeks, add another inch or so deep. so 5 inches of kindsoil at the bottom, topped with FoxFarm ocean forest soil, which is kinda hot to start with, grows a very nice plant. from start to finish.

This is my grow Used with Kindsoil and FoxFarm Ocean forest. I had to chop early to, because of mold risk due to not having a dehumidifier, still had 3-4 weeks left, but smoked awesome. They were cloudy tri's.

driz11.png

driz12.png
Funny. Been doing some research; completely unrelated to this grow, and I ended back here again. So......the Kindsoil.....a definite for my next grow. Gonna build my own soil over winter, but the Kindsoil is going to be a great experience. Thanks for the info......

So how are we doing here? Any progress on your plants

now all you need is some cfls from freds 100w daylight thats how i started foe one plant get about 5 to start with about a foot away from it and dont feed nothing for a month cause of the MG potting soil will last that long or longer do this and you will see progress

Back
Top Bottom