White buds

Begruntled

420-magazine-mobile2130976742.jpg

I have a plant with some white buds. Anyone seen this before? Looks pretty cool if you ask me. Is this something unique here?

420-magazine-mobile1249414725.jpg

Is this a phenotype trait I should try to preserve, or did some environmental issue cause this?

420-magazine-mobile1746342072.jpg

420-magazine-mobile793622513.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Holy crap, first time I'm seeing something like this. Pretty awesome, how does the smell compare to the others?

Yeah, this girl is blowing my mind. Wondering if I should use one of her cloned sisters to try and force a hermie to produce some seeds of her. Smells righteous. The big question to me is will it not have that grassy taste from the chlorophyll?

No. It's not mold. :) Thank goodness! There appears to be no chlorophyll not only in the pistils but in the buds themselves. Some of the lower buds on the plant are green. And the sugar leaves are green.

Dude LIGHT BURN!!!!!

May look cool but won't get you high..... Id back the lights off. Don't wanna see your entire plant spontaneously combust!

Maybe a little from the lights when the stretch kicked in. You can see the sunburn on the close leaves. Maybe.
No. Definitely. The lower nugs should all still be dank. Can you raise the light?!

Not sure about that. The leaves are fine. (Except for one week they got too close). And I use a PAR meter to measure the right distance for the lights.

Okay well I trust your judgement. . I'm not there but the white is light bleaching without a doubt. Damn suckers stretch quick Right? Good looking nugs there.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Okay well I trust your judgement. .. I'm not there but the white is light bleaching without a doubt. Damn suckers stretch quick Right? Good looking nugs there.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Thanks Mad Dabber. I do appreciate the ideas. She might be sick and burnt. (She doesn't look it to me.) I'll be sick if she is. If the buds are still potent, this is one beautiful new look.

I seen a couple of post on here with rumors of this WONDERFUL phenome and one picture of a small nugget. That is awesome my friend. What is going on here I cant say but I will look for the thread and share it. They had a long debate over what caused(s), how it happens. I would love to know so I can grow a forest like this!!
VERY COOL...Peace.....
:420:

:high-five:

Thanks @goofyfoot. I just harvested it yesterday. Seems the consensus is that it's bleaching caused by the LED lights being too strong/close. It does seem the likely culprit because now I'm starting to see it on another strain.

The other rumor is that these white buds are either sickly/damaged or at least not very potent. So, the big remaining question in my mind is whether that's true or not cause this girl seems to have a decent amount of trichome production.

Just waiting for the cure now...

Back
Top Bottom