Solo cups & Mars 300's

Weavel

A friend of mine shared some pictures of his craziness, he had to water these things about 2 tablespoons of water every day in each cup, he used 2 mars hydro 300 lights and some ufo thing.

20171228_142800.jpg

20171228_142752.jpg

Re: Solo cups and mars 300's

more information, He harvested them yesterday and weighed the wet buds, each plant had between 10 and 15 grams of bud soaking wet, So he will probably wind up with 2.5 to 4 grams dry off each plant. if folks are interested I will get the dry weight in a week or however long it takes him

more information, He harvested them yesterday and weighed the wet buds, each plant had between 10 and 15 grams of bud soaking wet, So he will probably wind up with 2.5 to 4 grams dry off each plant. if folks are interested I will get the dry weight in a week or however long it takes him

It would be interesting to do a cost/benefit analysis of growing lots of tiny plants versus fewer bigger. I would guess that big plants win, but those little guys (and others I've seen like them) seem to have surprisingly high yields.

i doubt smaller plants would pay off either they are lots of extra work. He bitched about watering that many plants and since he didn't poke any holes the cups, he had to be real careful to not over water them.

i doubt smaller plants would pay off either they are lots of extra work. He bitched about watering that many plants and since he didn't poke any holes the cups, he had to be real careful to not over water them.
That's one way to do it i guess. I wonder how much better he would have done if he could just water correctly.

I have seen grows like that before that just had a pump run a few times a day. Funny that he didn't make drain holes, but I guess it saves setting up some kind of drain pan on the floor...

Not sure if he could have done better, but then he wouldn't have been able to bitch as much, and that may be the most important part!!

Not sure if he could have done better, but then he wouldn't have been able to bitch as much, and that may be the most important part!!

Haha so true. What a waste of energy. Not my thing

It would be interesting to do a cost/benefit analysis of growing lots of tiny plants versus fewer bigger. I would guess that big plants win, but those little guys (and others I've seen like them) seem to have surprisingly high yields.

Check out my journal of little plants lol.

OK heres an update,
Strain OG kush
First the dirt he used was some western family dirt, not potting mix, and some sand that he digs out of a creek (performs some kind of a voodoo ritual over) then washes all the dirt out of it until it is a white sand. Mixes it with the dirt 1 part sand 2 part dirt. Miracle grow fertilizer Used a little below recommended strength. and a little Epsom salt. he gave it em roughly 2 tablespoons of water a day.

bud weight dried out:
3.8 grams biggest bud
3.25 gram midsize
2.8 gram midsize
2.45 smallest bud.

entire crop was 36 plants avg 3g per plant so about 108 g for the harvest

It is the most important part, when i listen to him tell the story of his trek through the wilderness fighting off wild grizzly bears and snakes (always fucking snakes), this stream is in the perfect spot (uphill both ways) it gives him the quartz sand he likes so much, then he digs it out and processes it so he just gets the pure crystalline sand listening to him tell it, it is a ritual!!! only thing missing is the chicken and butcher knife!!

It is the most important part, when i listen to him tell the story of his trek through the wilderness fighting off wild grizzly bears and snakes (always fucking snakes), this stream is in the perfect spot (uphill both ways) it gives him the quartz sand he likes so much, then he digs it out and processes it so he just gets the pure crystalline sand listening to him tell it, it is a ritual!!! only thing missing is the chicken and butcher knife!!
Theres so much to this story that i cant get behind. Im still hung up on 2 tbsp of water. Im gonna start growing in Graham cracker pie crust. Im gonna water with non dairy creamer and use 3 large Maglights for some Sun. But im gonna walk 12 miles for my creamer because its a Wednesday, which is the best day for creamer of course, especially the non dairy variety. Its just so silly.

That's the great thing, The Story, i love'd listening to him tell the sand story.

But the main take away from this project is a guy used cheap ass dirt, cheap ass fertilizer, cheap ass led's, and beer cups, and still managed to grow decent weed.

Really surprised me that each cup managed to get around a 3 gram bud I never thought that was possible in a beer cup.

But the main take away from this project is a guy used cheap ass dirt, cheap ass fertilizer, cheap ass led's, and beer cups, and still managed to grow decent weed.

And others spend $500 and still can't make it work. Kudos to the beer cup master micro grower. :thumb:

And others spend $500 and still can't make it work. Kudos to the beer cup master micro grower. :thumb:
I gotta do it!!!

But it doesnt work. If he did one or 2 it would be cute, but the guy made a career out of it... ridiculous.

Sorry possessed by a devils advocate. I'll be good now, I promise

Back
Top Bottom