Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) Catalogues from the 1980's - rare archival images.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) Catalogues from the 1980's - rare archival images.

Oh my Gawd,
    my Pure Sativa is there!!!
    the Hash Plant/NorthernLights 1 x Swazi

Friggin' spittin' image !!!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) Catalogues from the 1980's - rare archival images.

Beautiful pics Thanks for posting them!!

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Time for a history lesson.

Post Thanks / Like

great read moose , and tribute to neville .
    A man without knowledge of history
    is like a tree without roots
    The more people smoke herb , the more babylon fall.
    Bob Marley

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This thread helps show that pot was just as strong back in the late 70's and early 80's

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

up, so I can find it again.

DD

Post Thanks / Like

Good post!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Just woke up and for some reason did a search of Super Sativa Seed Club, first I went to a page that had that Great logo of the guy leading an elephant by the trunk with only an email contact link for content.

then I found this and whoa I was whooshed back in time.

my friend and I got one of these catalogs (must have filled out an ad in High Times) and bought like four varieties for like $200 dollars which was a crazy investment for two college kids with no real assurance that anything would arrive back from the Netherlands.

We waited and waited and finally a weird little international package arrived and lo and behold our order had been filled.

We ordered Skunk 1, Hawaiian and two other varieties I can no longer remember. We had one of the early Hydroponics stores located in our town (E. Lansing - Superior Growers Supply) where we bought one 400w Halogen and one 400w Sodium. We grew those seeds in pots and dirt and had a great time. I fell in love with growing and would continue to grow from that Hawaiian seed strain for the rest of my college career.

Interestingly, the Hawaiian (a fantastic sativa with a high that was described in SSSC catalog as "good high, and up." - which always made us laugh) got stressed in our first growing and began to produce male flowers on the female plant which resulted in a small amount of seeds.

This would go on to be a characteristic of the following seeds - always female, but always producing male flowers. Hermaphrodites. It was great from my perspective as you could be certain of getting as many females as seeds you planted, you just had to be vigilant about picking off the few male flowers that arose. Inevitably some would slip by you and you would end up with some pollination but I thought it was great, I carried around those seeds for a decade after our original purchase and was able to grow small gardens of Hawaiian over that whole time.

Thank you for posting this and letting me share my SSSC story.

///

Post Thanks / Like

You rock buddy
    SW Outdoor Grow

No Risk No life

If i had one wish i would ask for a big enough bud for the whole world to smoke

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, great for collectors

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this old catalog!

Had some Williams Wonder long ago, what a plant!

DD
    If you own 28 different foods, 65 different additives and 14 jugs of molasses and not one single book on plants, then that is the problem. WB

It's not the bow, it's the Indian. unkn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is way before my time. But that was really interesting to read. Amazing seeing them crops in a magazine.

Thank you for sharing this
    ChaChe

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing. Now I know why (in the early 90's) my buddy went nuts over -finally- being given cuts of a strain called "Victor Barns" (didn't know that was an incorrect spelling until now). He must have been raving (and begging) for that strain 4 at least 1 or 2 years before actually getting the cuts... and a few months later his source became yet another victim of the war on drugs.
    I lived the paranoia and experienced first hand the terror caused by that infectious (and extremely aggressive) "Just Say No" campaign. Unless you were there, it's pretty much impossible to explain. Same thing goes for the taste & smell of Vic B's, ironically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

G-13 X HASH PLANT now known as MR.NICE still lives on.
    Dain Bramage's Mostly Sativa Grow Classic SAGE finished

My african savana grow going on now
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...ow-2010-a.html

new light and The new strains Mr.Nice,White Russian,I.C.E. and many more
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...kush-more.html

Post Thanks / Like

I know I"m a little late here but Wow, Thanks for the blast from thepast!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast