Nirvana White Widow Review

cough 80

Nirvana White Widow Grow & Smoke Report

This strain was extremely easy to care for overall. She was grown with a 90w UFO LED light for 5 weeks during vegetative growth. She was put into flower when she was 24", and grew into a beautiful 3' plant over 8 weeks. She was grown in Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil, and followed the Fox Farm 3 part nutrient regiment exactly as described. She was also strictly watered with distilled water.

After harvest I dried them in a closet for week, and then cured them for 4 weeks. I ended up with just a little less than an ounce witch I was pleased with using only a 90w UFO. The overall smell is very musky and has a deep earthy smell. After being broken up a strong sweet citrus candy smell develops and it is heaven to my nose. The taste is very citrusy and sweet, and the smoke is very smooth never making me cough.

The high hits you about 3-5 minutes after the first hit, and it immediately begins to settle deep in the head, making me giggle at almost anything. Also it makes me very talkative for a while, but then comes on very heavy after 30-45 minutes or so. After that I become very couch locked and very internal mentally.

Overall I was extremely pleased with the ease to grow this strain, and how great the payoff is for such little effort. The best thing of all was that the seed bank sent me feminized seeds for the price of regular seeds. I recommend this strain anyone one who wants the best of both head and body highs.

thanks for sharing this recommendation, nirvana does produce first quality for all levels of producers. Personally, blue mystic is always the first in cart from nirvana.

The only thing that I've heard that might bother some about many of their strains is that there are often a lot of phenotypes in one 10pack. But that even then there is still usually a pretty good chance of finding an excellent mother.

Hey cough 80,

I grew Nirvana's WW last fall using all Fox Farm products and CFLs. I harvested about an ounce as well.

My pheno sounds a bit different than yours. Mine has very little of the indica body effects. It is more of a clear sativa with a bit of the racing heart and rushing effect at the start.

It is great for creative thinking. I do a lot of creative writing at night and I definitely notice an enhanced ability to see things from different perspectives. I have also come up with solutions to problems and discovered insights to things that were on my mind while thinking on WW. It is a clear high too. You aren't trying to see through hazy clouds. You could probably go through a normal day with it.

Maybe it leans to the sativa side because I chopped the plant at 66 days when it looked like it could go longer. But I would call it a subtle, layered sativa high. Not the strongest but interesting for it subtleties.

Funny thing is that I was under a time crunch when I chopped it so the cure was abbreviated as well. And then I found the intial smoke test to be very disappointing. So I sealed my WW in a jar and stored it away in a closet. Five months later, I remembered that I had an ounce of WW in the closet. Brought her out, spread her on the table, had a little session, and discovered, to my delight that she had plenty of charm.

zzoomm100,Sounds like found money ! Great when you forget about something till later ! I was wondering about WW I've heard good things about it's strength ! But I prefer Indicas those strong sativas have me running around too much I like mellow better.Cough 80, how do you like those UFOs ? I've been reading a lot about them lately. seems they got them working better, no heat , cheaper to run than HPS or MH and they seem to grow very well !! Hope the price comes down a bit ! :peace:

Found money is right ol hippy.

Anyway, it's now about 8th months since I put the WW in a jar and this smoke is actually getting better and better. I guess it has everything to do with the cure because it used to have a very strong almost ammonia like lemony pinesol smell but now it smells like a sweet lemon with a hint of berry to it.

The high is much stronger too. I don't build a tolerance to it like I do with other strains. A couple bingers and it says nope, you're coming with me and shoots you straight into the clouds. Then it just leaves you there to chill for a few hours. Man I used to think this strain was overrated but I guess I got the right pheno because it's fantastic.

I'm about 27 days into flower with another Nirvana WW so maybe I'll post a 2nd smoke report when it's ready.

The only thing that I've heard that might bother some about many of their strains is that there are often a lot of phenotypes in one 10pack. But that even then there is still usually a pretty good chance of finding an excellent mother.

I can attest to that. I bought there AK48 and White Rhino and out of 10 AK seeds 5 females with 3 different phenos, I did not pay much attention to the males I was only watching for pollen sacks. There Rhino was much better 3 fem. 1 pheno. I learned a good lesson there and that is the AK48 still needs some breeding/inbreeding to work out the phenos. I am now working on seeding for a breeding program I am going to start. All in all the buds that were grown still packed a punch.

thanks for sharing this recommendation, nirvana does produce first quality for all levels of producers. Personally, blue mystic is always the first in cart from nirvana.

Sorry to jump in with 2 post back to back but I read today that Nirvana's Blue Mystic Autos were bad, well not all they received a bad batch of seeds you can read about it on there web page. I buy most of my seeds from NRV

The thing about Nirvana that you should keep in mind is that their feminized seeds hermie a lot. Maybe that's true of all feminized seeds, I don't know but I bought 10 feminized seeds from them last year, 5 Aurora Indicas and 5 White Widows and 3 of them hermied.

But I'm not gonna hate on them because it was my first grow and I eventually succeeded in producing 1 plant of each and they were both spectacular. I still prefer feminized seeds, less of a hassle. I just accept the risk.

Anybody ever have to kill a healthy female plant? I took a dozen clones (all females) about a month ago just to see if I could and amazingly they all survived. Potted them, put them outside in the Cali sun, watched them soar and eventually realized that I had way too many plants lol. None of my friends smoke, no dispensary wanted them so I chopped them all. In the middle of the night. Like some Ninja assassin. Man, it was funereal. But I'm not going above my 6 plant limit.

i got 5 fem ak48, aurora indica, blue mystic and swiss cheese.
out of 20 seeds i got a total of 16 plants only one went hermi. now i have 4 of each mother plants and 24 clones. i only got 3 from blue mystic,1 ak went hermi. and 1 aurora died as a seedling. but thats not too bad. ill always go to nirvana. good customer sevice.
:)

I just finished drying my 2nd Nirvana white widow and took a sample while curing. This pheno is very much like the one that Cough80 describes in the first post. A little bit of everything followed by a couch lock effect after 45 minutes to an hour. Still very nice.

Just for reference, I also finished a Nirvana Full Moon and sampled it. I wanted to mention it because I found it quite unpleasant.

Nirvana's Full Moon is listed as a Thai Sativa strain which supposedly packs a trippy visual high. It's really none of that. What it really is is a straight head hunter that puts you in a stupor. I liken it to being trapped in the snow of a blank t.v. channel. It slows your visuals down to frames and spins your thoughts around. It really distracts you from concentrating on anything. I found it very difficult to even follow a t.v. show while on it. Hearing is acute. And your eyes get very heavy. But there is no indica body effect. It's just a strong hurricane in your head. Very distracting almost dizzying effect.

I don't see the appeal of Full Moon. Maybe its for the kind of people who drink grain alcohol, just smoke it to get f'd up. I tried it a 2nd time just to make sure. And then I tossed the whole plant.

It sucks to waste all that time on a worthless strain but that's what you get when you go searching for interesting Sativas. I have a Satori and 2 Cannasutra for my last grow of the year so hopefully they turn out better.

Here's a pic of a White Widow clone that I put outside on my deck a few months ago.
rsz_p9170017.jpg

I didn't spray her at all so I feel lucky that she made it through without an infestation of bud worms. I broke out the jeweler's loupe and checked the trichs today. They were about 20% amber so I chopped it.

It's really nice to have the sun do all the work for you. I'd grow outside all the time if it didn't take so long and if there weren't so many hazards. Next summer I'm gonna put out a few clones in 7 gallon smart pots and see how big they can get. Anyway, that was my last WW so I wanted to give her the proper send off. It's worth your time to grow this strain.:thumb:

Just ordered my nirvana seeds as well... I ordered 5 fem white widow seeds 2 weeks ago and not a few minutes ago I posted on a diff section of the forums that they were taking too long with my delivery. And I just remember after posting that I sent an email to customer service about my concern. The email read, and I quote "No worries mate the seeds are on there way, sorry for the delay we made sure to add 10 free regular seeds to your order." awesome customer service!

Back
Top Bottom