Help with light placement for scrOG

lukey boii

IMG_1124.png

this is my grow box design, i am doing the scrOG method but i am worried i havnt left enough room between the screen and the light.

the light is 250 wattes and will be using both MH and HPS globes ,
the distance between the screen and the light is 50cm, is this enough room for the colas to grow without being burned?

i have a fairly powerful exhaust fan to the left of the light and was thinking it could exhaust most the heat of the light out,

any help would be greatly appreciated, :peacetwo: owt:)

50 Cm... Converting metrics in my head... so you have about 20 inches of room above the screen. That should be fine. The unfortunate thing is that you have so much room under the screen and that is just wasted space. If you could move your screen down you would be better off.

From my personal experience with a 250W built in ballast fixture, in a small scale cabinet grow (2'X2' area), I have learned that by enclosing and cooling the light with air is vital, and small adaptations make decent shift in operating temps. I combined my room exhaust with my light cooling. The other thing to consider is what the capabilities of your wattage are. 250 Watts will give 12 in colas , but pretty leafy, with the top half, more respectable density. With a decent air evacuation you can keep the tops of the colas inches from the light fixture with this lower wattage. You definitely want that light to be adjustable in hight.

From my personal experience with a 250W built in ballast fixture, in a small scale cabinet grow (2'X2' area), I have learned that by enclosing and cooling the light with air is vital, and small adaptations make decent shift in operating temps. I combined my room exhaust with my light cooling. The other thing to consider is what the capabilities of your wattage are. 250 Watts will give 12 in colas , but pretty leafy, with the top half, more respectable density. With a decent air evacuation you can keep the tops of the colas inches from the light fixture with this lower wattage. You definitely want that light to be adjustable in hight.

My question is: how much of that light is getting lost bcz of the glass? I'm in a 2x2 cab with a 250w open hood and keep the cab from 80-84 degrees. My light is roughly 8" above my ladies as they were getting a bit burnt lower. When summer rolls back around I'm considering getting and air cooled hood but don't know if the light loss is significant enough as to stay away from air cooled/sealed.

:peace:

Marley

Back
Top Bottom