IMO, pick and choose your battles..

Weeble

Okay this is Decrimalization vs. Legalization.. Even if you believe that Marijuana should be legalized, you should fight for decrimanilization first. It may never be legal and that is the reality of this. I don't think it will be legal at any point in our lives. But say we fight for decriminalization first. We have a better chance of winning then going immediately for legalization. People might listen to us more willingly.

This doesn't mean that you have to change your views. You can still believe it should be legal and after it's decrimanlized you can fight for legalization again. One step at a time here folks. It's better to fight for progression then trying to bite off more then you can chew.

Fight for decrimanlization and not legalization!.... at least, for now.

You can't really say it will never be legal... forever is a long time. Although, I agree the likeliness of it happening is about 0.0000000000000000001% but I would never say it will never be legal.

That's like how people thought the earth was flat. It was inconcivable to them that it could possibly be round but yet it is.

in your opinion.. you don't know that for sure.. I think it will be decriminalized within the next 10 years but I still believe that none of us will see legalization.

In the sixties we knew that when we started to run the country that pot would be legal. Weed was decriminalized in a few states but that didn't last long. We aren't any closer to legalization now then we were then, probably farther away. I hope the kids smoking today can do it but I'm not very hopeful.

Tommysmokes has been a law breaker for many years now

It will NEVER be recreationally legal or decriminalized.It's because people will always see us as potheads.It doesn't matter how we present ourselves, people will always have the stereotypical image of a pothead in their minds when they look at us.The only way to have a chance is to break the mold and band together, just start a big ass group, kinda like NORML, but with more tenascity.We need to go after the tobacco companies first, cause that's who's funding most of the anti-pot campaigns.Right there is the biggest obstacle, because they have unlimited legislative power, they have practically molded the government into what it is today.That STAND shit ain't doin' nothin' because their just repeating the shit that's right on the pack of cigarettes in the first place.Marijuana would be detrimental to their hold on the target market, teenagers.

WoRd !¿!

Rastoner said:
omg are you kidding me...its only been illegal for less then 70 years. thats within someones lifetime.

I bet it will be legal in our lifetime becuase this country is getting more liberal on a daily basis and is trying to follow european standards (much like the rest of the world). I say decriminilized in 5 years, legal in 15.
true..!!

I think people will someday get smarter and realize that it is rediculous for someone to be arrested and put in prison for smoking a little herb. America will finally realize what a waste of money the drug war is, and how legalizing pot would help the drug war so much. Not to mention alcohol problems.. When I see a cop arresting someone for smoking pot, (they weren't hurting anyone or breaking any other laws) I also see a nazi arresting a jew for trying to live in his/her hometown. Someday, hopefully Americans will realize that this is wrong, and hopefully this will be in our lifetime.

r0achclip said:
It will NEVER be recreationally legal or decriminalized.It's because people will always see us as potheads.It doesn't matter how we present ourselves, people will always have the stereotypical image of a pothead in their minds when they look at us.The only way to have a chance is to break the mold and band together, just start a big ass group, kinda like NORML, but with more tenascity.We need to go after the tobacco companies first, cause that's who's funding most of the anti-pot campaigns.Right there is the biggest obstacle, because they have unlimited legislative power, they have practically molded the government into what it is today.That STAND shit ain't doin' nothin' because their just repeating the shit that's right on the pack of cigarettes in the first place.Marijuana would be detrimental to their hold on the target market, teenagers.
Wow, aren't you the voice of optimism. :rolleyes:

First, it's extremely stupid to go after another business to try and decriminilaize something. It doesn't get you anywhere. All it would do is raise even more awareness that cigarettes are bad, and EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS THAT, so you wouldn't have gotten anywhere. Second, you don't want to pull attention AWAY from pot and put it on cigarettes. What you need to do is talk about mj, you don't talk about something else or bring action against something other than what you are fighting for. Third, unless the US becomes a totalitarian state, cigarettes won't become illegal, be brought down, or become criminalized. How do you know who's paying for these commercials anyway? I think that the cigarette companies would want a claim on mj if it became legal.

Rastoner said:
I bet it will be legal in our lifetime becuase this country is getting more liberal on a daily basis and is trying to follow european standards (much like the rest of the world). I say decriminilized in 5 years, legal in 15.
I bet it will become legalized within our lifetime, but not in 15 years. I say it MIGHT be decriminalized in 15 years, but that would be lucky. And this people are becoming liberal more each day is not true. You live in California, an already liberal state, I live in Kansas, a conservative state. It's gonna stay that way. And think about this, how many people were liberals in the 60's? Tons. Now they've grown up and become conservatives, not all, but a lot. Hell, my mom and my dad were liberals when they were younger, but shit changes. When you get older, you start caring about yourself more, and wishing things were like what they used to be. Many teenagers and young adults are liberal, but they grow up, you can't say who will become conservative or stay liberal. And about becoming more European, The US leaders hate France, and our best buds over there are the British, which are about as conservative as we are.

Rastoner said:
Yeah and guess what California is the most important state for presidential elections and is the biggest power in the house. And usually other liberal states follow in importance. And if its decriminilized in this state the president will want to please this and other more liberal states if he wishes to become future president...(that's why we can say bye bye to Bush coming this novemember). Sure he'll win the conservative states, but most of the liberals will be on Kerrys side. And the liberals is the big bucks. Whether you want to believe it or not, Kentucky has little power to change this country.

And as a matter of fact you got it right US leaders hate france, but most people don't hate France...this is a democracy right? To make an assumption that britians are conservative won;t really hold up becuase most britians I know don't like they're PM and are hoping for a leadership change. But you got the leader part right, who knows that might change.
Texas, heard of it?

And a lot of people hate France, I hate France.

r0achclip said:

Actually.. The Oil Industry is our biggest competition. Hemp rope would replace Nylon rope and they don't want that to happen. Think about it. Hemp is stronger AND cheaper than Nylon.

i think it will be decriminalized but never legal and this is why....
it will be decriminalized because eventually people will learn its not as bad for you if its used responsibly. The reason it wont be legal because if you look at what the gov. is doin now to the legal drugs, like nicotine and alcohol, they are clearly trying to phase them out. cig smokers have to get fartehr and farther away from buildings, they have to pay higher and higher prices, and they can t go in many of the places that they used to. Alcohol is headed the same way be more slowly, they have restricted ads, and forbid it in some places (such as in public). As much as i want it to, the gov isnt going to cause it doesnt want to worry about another thing it has to try and gradually phase out. THe gov is trying to make all drugs harder to get for recreational use and i dont think its gonna add another to the list.

I do think it will be decriminalized in the next 10 years

I think this is going to end up being moved into Debate and Philosophy but I was too hung over when I posted to think that far ahead.. ;P

Back
Top Bottom