Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

What's funny I asked Nirvana same thing and this was the response
420-magazine-mobile1795957384.jpg
. With this being said I wonder do all seeds banks do this.

Psalm 104:14

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

Nirvana, has from day one, simply knocked off (copied) their Widow, Sk#1, Northern Lights (Aurora), etc. etc.
They did this by buying seeds from other Dutch companies and making more seeds. Crop King would have done the same thing, they produce knock offs.
If you want to know more on the specific history of White Widow, go to mrnice.nl Forums and locate the Black Widow section.

In short: Years back, Shanti, who was Arjan's breeder at Greenhouse, who created the Widow, left, and took the original White Widow parent stock with him, leaving Greenhouse without. He formed MNS in Switzerland, where it still is today. Info on the original parent stock is on the forums as well.

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So what's a good original seedbank bc there is a huge price difference between crop king, Nirvana, Herbies, etc.....

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

Where did Crop King get there white widow strain?

So what's a good original seedbank bc there is a huge price difference between crop king, Nirvana, Herbies, etc.....

MNS (Mr.Nice Seeds) sell their seeds direct. Attitude also distributes MNS as well.
Nirvana Seeds are decent, cheap, and reliable, but they're knockoffs-like fake Yeezeys on Canal Street. I know little about Crop King. Herbies doesn't make seeds, they're just a distributor-if they carry MNS they're probably a safe bet as a retailer. If you want the best representation of a variety, always buy from the breeder they originate with.

-Doc

Originally From (A General List)

Variety ----- Originated From (commercial origin, Original P1 (Parent) stock)

Bubblegum - Serious Seeds, Amsterdam
AK-47 - Serious Seeds, Amsterdam
White Widow - Mr.Nice Seeds (MNS) (now known as Black Widow)
Super Silver Haze - MNS
Skunk #1 - MNS or Sensi Seeds
Northern Lights - Sensi Seeds or MNS
Neville's Haze - MNS
Hash Plant, G13/Hash Plant - Sensi Seeds

Don't be discouraged in trying out seeds from other places.

CKS has always been great service. If you have problems they will help you out.

You don't have to go with classic strains, try out autos, photos and new strains.

I am sure you will be very happy with the strains CKS has to offer.

I don't know, I am now not overly happy with CKS. I have a bunch of other plants from other "seed banks" we will see how they do in comparison.

Today in live chat I asked her (maybe a girl) about candy canes not auto flowering. She told me to switch to 12/12 to induce flowering. Like no shit, but I wanted auto's...

I honestly think the Candy Cane they sold me are not Candy Cane.

Their customer service is OK but nothing great same BS responses, and I am in their country. I always thought of CKS as a good breeder but now I think of them more as a seed "bank".

I don't know, I am now not overly happy with CKS. I have a bunch of other plants from other "seed banks" we will see how they do in comparison.

Today in live chat I asked her (maybe a girl) about candy canes not auto flowering. She told me to switch to 12/12 to induce flowering. Like no shit, but I wanted auto's...

I honestly think the Candy Cane they sold me are not Candy Cane.

Their customer service is OK but nothing great same BS responses, and I am in their country. I always thought of CKS as a good breeder but now I think of them more as a seed "bank".
I feel your pain hard to really know what you got.

If it was a packaging mistake, wow, Crap King Seeds for sure.
When I bought from Crop King it was a good experience I had order the PK 5 seeds they sent me 12. Not sure why...

Because you are not in Canada and they didn't send you their bullshit marketing material. Feel lucky!
You have a grow journal from them or smoke report

From CKS I have grown white widow, super silver Haze and now candy cane.

Nothing but good smoke from the photo periods and early miss after 3 grows it is a shit small plant.

WW smoke is great as SSH. Early miss is OK.

Where did Crop King get there white widow strain?

If you're in the USA I'd look into Ocean Grown genetics. My two cents

Re: Where did Crop King get there white widow strain?

i talked with cks this week.they told me if my memory serves me correctly, that thier ww strain is the same as greenhouse seeds.and that their candycane is ak,mango,ww-the 10% rudy is a breeding of a rudy times ww-so basically they have a ww rudealis.so their ccaf that didnt autoflower doesnt hav enough of that gene and is likely ak,mango dominant.neither strain carried by cks.i have alot of ideas how this came about.they say they pulled seeds to early.heres a tip maby for next time ordering from cks.ask them for the biggest seeds they have in your desired strain.im gana and see what they say.i would assume that their canadian customers who can walk off the street and buy them get the best seeds.my seeds have all been VERY small from them.the ones you see on tv and stuff are all huge beautifull seeds.i dont think they will make it in the future.their size possibly has led them away from quality breeding, selling only the best of best.id love to go in as ceo,and coo and revamp and restructure their vission, everything.sometimes the bigger you are the harder you fall.in the end the small breeders and growers will win out and always outsurvive big cannabis, because they will always have the best of the best and thats what people will want.you can be small and hav a product people will wait years to get and pay to get it.unless of course we can convince these big commercial grows as to what the consumer truely is after.autoflowers and feminized seeds will continue to ruin the gene pool.i absoluetly prefer regular seeds.buy them now.stock up now.their might be a global shortage now because of the incredible demand thats happenin.i gots me over 10,000 stashed case i ever need em.

Back
Top Bottom