New customer - New grower

jafe02

420 Member
First time ordering from CK,and first time grower. I have a 2 story man cave, but I'm only going to use a small fraction upstairs 5 1/2' by 6' by 6ft high. I'm wondering if this is going be large enough for the 5 plants I plan to grow. Also what should the wattage of the lights be, the temp of the area. Should use soil or hydro. I'm on a limited budget, so I'm looking to go as inexpensive as possible, not cheap, just broke asf. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thanks

At least 1000 watts min I'd say. 1500 would be awesome. I got 900 in a 2.5x2.5x5' tent temperature should be 85 high -68 no lower I heard. Go cob style is what I'd refer to you or led for cost. Easier to maintain Temps I'd go soil myself not sure what cost different is DWC ? I prefer soil. Natural. Go to the 420 beginners forum for great links . Just remember do as much research your self. No one likes to baby sit. That being said I hope I have helped you in some way to your questions. Good luck on yah journey.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Growing in a tent or just the area? HID or LED? Make sure you have NO light leaks in the dark periods either way! Does smell matter?

I would run a 1000w cooled hood with 5 plants in 5 gal buckets with good soil for your first go at it, fox farms trio would be a good starting nutrient. Make sure you have reliable PH meters!!!!

Veg them for at least a month, 2 if you have the patience and you will have some good bud!

This is all somewhat strain dependent, autos, photo period, reg vs fem etc. Grab a 10 pack so you can guarantee 5 plants with out a re-order!

What strain do you have in mind?

A good way to do some research is in the forums where people need help with sick plants, can learn tons!

You will have some nice boys and girls! Whatever you end up for a setup make sure you have no light leaks and good ventilation and you will be happy!

Back
Top Bottom