10" Rhizocore Netpots

reapah23

Are these 10" netpots too big to only grow 1 plant per 5 gallon bucket (DWC)? Also if said pots aren't too big, will a 1.5" rockwool cube be big enough? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

s-l10002.jpg

Honestly it just really depends. I grow in 5 gallon buckets and I use 6" Netpot lids and that does the job nicely. Those 10" pots look like you would need a lot of medium for a single plant. Not very cost effective. You want your roots to travel south. Rockwool will work but I like to use Root riot or any plugs of that nature.

Thanks for the reply, atleast they will work. And you are right, I bought 4 pounds of hydroton and it wasnt enough to fill one it was about 75% full so I bought 10 more pounds today along with a propagation dome which comes with 1.5" rockwools which is why I was concerned about them being big enough. Anyone else who ever asks the same question as me will definitely know 10" is a bit overkill. But who knows, bigger pots, more roots more fruit right?

Thanks for the reply, atleast they will work. And you are right, I bought 4 pounds of hydroton and it wasnt enough to fill one it was about 75% full so I bought 10 more pounds today along with a propagation dome which comes with 1.5" rockwools which is why I was concerned about them being big enough. Anyone else who ever asks the same question as me will definitely know 10" is a bit overkill. But who knows, bigger pots, more roots more fruit right?
No problem! I don't know what hydro set up you're using. I'm going to guess DWC. For my 6" Netpot lids it takes about two pounds of hydroton to fill it.

I don't want to discourage you from rockwool but it's kind of outdated and not as safe to use. Read into the fibers in rockwool. You can do a grow with it no problem but I'd recommend starter plugs like Root riot or rapid rooters. Much safer and hold good moisture. Think of a sponge.

I'll be interested to see how your grow goes with that set up.

No problem! I don't know what hydro set up you're using. I'm going to guess DWC. For my 6" Netpot lids it takes about two pounds of hydroton to fill it.

I don't want to discourage you from rockwool but it's kind of outdated and not as safe to use. Read into the fibers in rockwool. You can do a grow with it no problem but I'd recommend starter plugs like Root riot or rapid rooters. Much safer and hold good moisture. Think of a sponge.

I'll be interested to see how your grow goes with that set up.

I had read that also about the rapid root starters, I was going to get them but the dome come with free rockwools, definitely plan to try out the rapid rooters though thank you for the advice.

Will be popping these gorilla bombs in a few days when the dome gets here with the rocks, definitely will do a journal will be my first hydro grow though hopefully all the research pays off. I've learned alot just from watching hydro journals on here for the past couple weeks, it's nice to be able to look back at what you do and document your mistakes and such and have others opinions.

Back
Top Bottom