Where to buy weed in Hong Kong - a traveller's report.

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Legislation: It is absolutely illegal to cultivate cannabis in Hong Kong. As quoted from the "Dangerous Drugs Ordinance":

"No person shall cultivate any plant of the genus cannabis or the opium poppy, but nothing in this subsection shall prevent the Government Chemist, in his capacity as such, from cultivating a plant of the genus cannabis so far as may be necessary for the exercise of his employment. (Amended 62 of 1994 s. 3)"

Law Enforcement: Hong Kong Police do not tend to look for Marijuana. However, NEVER walk down the street smoking-- if the police notice they would bust you-- even foreigners.

If you seem suspicious, the police will check you.The main thing is to act calm and act like a tourist.

If you're smoking outdoors its nice to always hide your shit before hand. Cops tend to walk up to people and do random I.D. checks and also sometimes they will search you. (They rarely search your shoe ;)... _ If you are smoking indoors you should be A.O.K!

Not to put your marjuana in cigeratte box. The police here only search it concentrate on cigeratte boxes

Where to Buy Marijuana in Hong Kong: Kwoloon is Hong Kong "downtown" hip area, where all the nightly action takes place.. In the Tsim Sha Tsui peninsula of Kowloon, there are two main spots: Chunking Mansions and the neighboring Mirador Mansions — just walk in to any of the two, get a feel for the place and ask around the West Africans or Asians loitering around busy doing nothing, one of them should hook you up.
The trendy and party animal locals say it is certainly a bad idea to smoke in a club

Kowloon park in TST is also a great place to score - just walk around in the park at night and someone will usually try to get you to buy hash.

a recent report we received is: "In TST you will be ripped off if you are not asian or indian/paki. Only go to TST if you are desperate.It baffled me how i read on this site how people would spend between 500-650 for a bullet of hash. Jordan is the place to go if you know who your guy is.You can buy in Causeway Bay, Jordan, TST, and Yau Mah Tei(even though i wouldnt recomment the last one, and Causeway is skechy with the police, the amount of people, and in Causeway one slip could be trouble.)"

our most recent report is: "Purchased a bullet of Hash today for 900 HKD. I am a local, and the price was higher than expected..They started at 2000HKD.

Very good quality product. I am very very pleased.

My method of dealer finding was to simply ask one of the younger type touts selling watches/suites, ect.. on Nathan road south near Chung King mansion. Couldn't have been easier to score."

and another report we have is :"Just an update to my submission from December, I found a new dealer today and discovered I was getting hosed at 900HKD. I am now paying 500HKD for a bullet of hash, 1800HKD for a full once of weed. Hash is AAA quality, Weed is B quality (on a scale of AAA to F)."

and also: "I have been an everyday smoker for well over 6 years.. I have lived in canada most of my life, and for a short period the united states. That being said, i have now lived in Hong Kong for about a year. When I first got here I was dying to get some weed. Let me just say that if you want weed in hong kong you will be paying way too much for shwag (cess, whatever you wanna call shitty seedy weed). Your best bet is to go for hash. The majority of hash here is from Nepal (like previously stated) and can be picked up in tst just like the other guys said. I would suggest going with a nepalian or indian over a west african because they are much less sketchy and it will be much cheaper. If you are from the UK you know about soap hash and this stuff is just as bad if not worse. The hash is mainly composed of henna and god knows what else. But it does get you high. Always buy a bullet because they will be prewrapped so you will not get shorted. Bullets r ange from 500-700, however if you're white, they will start at as high as 2000. Just laugh at them, tell them youve bought before and offer 500.. I pick mine up for 400 but that's because i know people here... As far as papers go, I would pick some up in TST. If you forget, look around at the newspaper stands and you'll find some rizzlas.. As far as quality goes, I have realized that I was very spoiled in Canada, but I can still get high here.. Do not smoke on the street cause you do not want to spend a night at the police station talking to cops. Police are great here though and I walk by them high all the time... just dont blow smoke in their faces and you'll be fine. There are some shops that sell bongs over in Causeway Bay (I think near sogo in a small mall at the underground level)... They have lots of cheapo plastic pieces and a few glass on glass gems... but if you're smokin hash stick to the js.. happy smokin and dont get too pissed at being asked 'copy bag, c opy watch??' a million times..."

and: "Really hard to buyer. I am a trader as well but I don't know how to get customers here either. "

and a prsonal testimony we received is: "someone approached me the first night i was here in chungking mansion. he started at 500HK/bullet. told him i didnt want that much and he eventually gave me most of the bullet for 250. i suggest haggling and not pay more than 300 for a bullet (250 is about what the locals pay).
as for the quality, its pretty potent, but its not clean. real sticky/gummy. if you light it to dry it out you get a trail of black smoke...not a good sign. some locals told me later that its supposedly cut with all sorts of shit including charcoal and beeswax. they said its usually no more than 40% pure. probably not safe to eat."

Hong Kong Marijuana Prices and brands:
1/2 oz = 500 $HK (60 $US) for low quality pot
1 oz = 3,000 $HK (350 $US!) for real good hydro skunk, 1,000 $HK (120 $US) for swag.

Good quality hash costs about 50 pounds an ounce, if you konw where to buy it. In TST it will cost much more an is sold in small amounts. These dealers will always lie to you about the quantity. There is probably not too much risk for a tourist but be careful.

Hong Kong Hash Prices: Hash is much cheaper in HK, and costs around 100 $HK per 1 oz.(!) of poor quality hash

For hash, i had one man for two years and got the best hash for 230 HKD.. Being white, they will try to sell it to you for more then double the price, gotta act like you live there and never pay more then 300. The common price is 250 HKD.

The weed isnt worth it, stick with the hash

another report: "Here is where all of you retards are getting fucked over... Me and my boys... have NEVER EVER EVER picked up a bullet of hash for more then 350 HKD. I use to get them for 300... about 4 years ago... But now the normal price for a bullet should be 250 HKD.... Although if you don't have a normal dealer I guess the price could be higher...?

Brands... Mostly hashish.... but motha fuckin A Grade TOP NOTCH hash... Definately the best I have ever smoked... Now good ol' maryjane is gonna be hard to find... You probably wont find it... sorry"

Time Zone: UTC/GMT +8 hours

Dialing codes: + 852

City Tale:
"Chungking Mansions, was the place to buy Marijuana - just like webehigh.com says: Had a great time there, I went to and from at the chungking mansions 3-4X (day time). I was never approached, after a little convincing, my wife let me go alone. I was surprised that 3 beautiful chinese hookers tried to pick me up on the way to my firsst evening around chungking mansions just north of Salsbury rd on Nathan RD on the kowloon side in tsium Su SHuei TST. I walked up. My first evening in the tst district alone, was approached by many beautiful hookers, then on to some indian man of 28 yrs he asked me to call him killad anyways I had hk $200 on me that I was willing to spend so we took the elevator up to nthe n12th nfloor nthan walked down a few flights to the 10th floor and I waited there it was like 90 degrees and 98% humidity.
I waited close to 20 mins and I was sweating bullets in the humidity and all of a sudden I hear like 4-5 west african men coming up the stairs, I was sweating and thinking this guy must have callen downstairs and told these guys to come up and get the rest id my$$$$ but they came and passed, by this time Im soaked with sweat, and Killad the indian guy comes out and offers me 2 fists one with a 1/4 oz of some super gummmmy looking and selling pot and about a 1/2 oz of some gooooooood smelling hash, needless to say I took the has as it is hhard to come by here in so ca, anyways besides all the adventure and stress I got decent hash at a goooooood price"

City Tale:
in hong kong the next week i went to a place called chungking mansions in kowloon. the place was filled with shops selling everything from fake d&g to snakes in bottles. it was weird cuz i could see any chinese people. everyone were african, indian, arabs. i walked around for about 5 minutes and an indian guy whispered \"hashish\" in my ear as i walked past him. he then told me to follow him and i was offered some of the weirdest looking hash ive ever seen. it was dark, gummy, oily, smelled beautiful. i was given 2 grams of this for 100 hong kong dollars which is about 10 dollars. the hotel room where i was staying was non smoking so i had to go to a secluded park with beeeeautiful sea views of hong kongs skyline with the 4th tallest tower in the world. here i could smoke and no one would notice. a few days later i went back to chungking mansions and another indian guy who told me to call him \"rock\" approached me. i walked with him for a while to his house where he then gav e me big bit of hash and told me to roll a joint. this was also black and oily and he told me that all hash that comes to hk is from nepal. and he told me that this was nepalese temple balls as u could roll the into little balls or anything. it was like clay this stuff was also lovely and i got about 8 grams for 200 hk bucks. then i went to mainland china on a ferry and took some with me which i am enjoying now! this has been one of the greatest summers in my life and i wanna recommend it to anyone!

another reporter added:
chungking mansion in tst is definitely an easy place to score hash (highly decent nepali), and probably pretty much anything else. just aimlessly mill about alone, or take a real leisurely walk around looking at all the shops, and sooner or later some local lowlife (indian or chinese) will lean toward you and whisper "sheesh?" to you. ask how much, and you'll soon be in conversation.

the first time i took one of them up on his offer, it was hk$650 for a bullet (bargained down from hk$700). after haggling the price, he told me to wait for him here. he went somewhere and got it, then came back and asked me to follow him again, to a stairwell nearby. he produced a heavily wrapped football-shaped silvery nugget, i handed the cash, and i proceeded to exit the building. the hash smelled slightly lemony and piney and tasted very herbal. good times all around.

the second time i took an offer (hk$433 per hash nugget haggled down from hk$$500), the guy took me to a open-air shop in the corner of the building where he met someone else, who made a phone call there, we then waited 10 mins or so to be met by another guy. we then all went down a narrow alley in the back to meet the "boss". the boss was a cool nepali guy whose father was a colonial police officer in hk (or so he said). while walking with the boss we finalized the haggle , and he said he could also get other things like cocaine. he said he could get green weed, but only large amounts like half-kilo. something could probably be arranged though. he also mentioned that the hash is from nepal, just like him. just before we parted he gave me his phone number to buy from him next time (i call it from a payphone just for the extra little bit of safety).

it ought to be perfectly safe to buy from the chungking locals, as they always approach you with an offer (no police could entrap you like that). just don't act suspiciously during the deal, don\'t attract attention and everything is smooth.

one time the hash i got was super sticky, your fingers would be brown after a minute of playing with it. that stuff was super powerful. eating a little bit raw (a couple grains of rice worth) ruled.

This forum proved to be so incredibly useful, thanks guys for posting your experiences!

My fiance and I went to the Chung King mansions at around 8pm and had a wander around, there were alot of security guards in there, so I'm guessing they've probably cracked down on the area recently. However we kept walking around and eventually whispered to one of the indian guys who was thrusting his resteraunt business card at us "hash? can you get hash? hashish?" he sort of ummed and ahhed and looked at the other indians handing out cards, then said ok, come with me. He asked us to wait at one of the exits while he took off to get his friend. His friend came back, took us into a stairwell and we talked him down from HK$600 to $500. He took off and came back about 10mins later, we did the exhange and ended up with a bullet of really nice has that was about 10mm thick and 30mm long.

We went back again a week later during the day and there wernt any people handing out cards, so couldnt try that option again. Eventually we walked out to the main entrance and asked these dodgy looking guys, one of them seemed to be the "bad boy" of the group and he walked us down the street while making a phonecall. We waited for about 20mins till eventually his friend arrived in a taxi. Walked around the corner and he handed me 2 bullets about 10mm thick and 45mm long. He wanted $2300 but we ended up agreeing on $2000. Much more than we paid last time, and once we got home and had a look, wasnt as good either. Still nice, but possibly cut with some tar or something as it was much stickier and not as potent.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Hash I've had here or back home in Australia. I much prefer the hit and the high of some buds mixed with tobacco through a bong.

Still, an interesting experience non the less.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom