Cloning from budding plants and what to expect.

HandyMF4u

When (forced) to clone from a plant 31 days into budding what should I expect.
Today is day 4 of the cloning and I'm getting some yellowing.
It's a constant 80 in the dome with, not Too much humidity, just enough to keep the dome sweaty and all.
I lost the clones I had from veg state to mold, and all looks good so far this time except for the yellowing leaves. I use jell and rooting solution in rockwool, and have a vented dome with a double 4 foot fluorescent light.
I would HATE to loose this strain and if I have to I will regenerate the two I have now to keep it going, but really need these clones to make it.
Thanks again for ALL the other advice on the root bindage.
See ya around!

I know how you feel about really wanting to keep a strain in your garden. :)

I recently took flowering clones at 34 days into flowering and got roots in 9 days
using peat-pellets in a humidity dome. Temps were mid 70's-low 80's. Keep them misted daily and your rockwool moist, not wet. And keep that light a good distance above your humidity dome. Yellowing leaves means the plant is using it's energy for rooting :)
Good luck!

Cloning from a flowering plant can be a great thing. Here is a neat tutorial on doing just that.
As for the rockwool...Did you pre treat your rockwool before using it? Yoiu need to soak the rockwool for about 24 hours in a low PH, 1/4 strength nutrient solution. The PH should be around 5.5 and the nutrient solution needs to be a 1/4 strength "bloom" solution. Rockwool is alkaline to start and inert. Which means it need to be made more acidic and that in it's normal state it has no nutrients. The plants need something to eat to survive on after all so we presoak in a weak nute solution.

I didn't soak for 24 hours, but I did soak before I cut and dipped.
I soaked rockwool in solution and then I cut one clone on a 45 and then shaved about 1/4 inch off the bottom and pipped and twisted into the jell and then pushed into the rock-wool one at a time. I wasn't aware that I'm supposed to soak the rockwool for a day.
Anyway... Its been 5 days now and they look good. I have it at 80 in the dome, and I open it twice a day and squirt water from a squirt bottle straight into the rockwool and then I mist the dome again and close it up.
My thinking with the squirt bottle is that when I squirt them I am introducing oxygen into the water and rockwool with the force of the stream. What do you think? Am I ok?

Not sure what day it is but clones are now rooting a little. I have some wee little nubs poking out of the rock wool and I have no light to put them under yet. I still need to go get the first 400 hps and I will get a second one later.
Should I give em a little nutes now I wonder?
And when I place them in soil, should I use soil with nutes at first or should I hold off for a couple weeks? And if I should hold back on nute soil... should I use some 1/2 mix nutes, or just folier feed at first with some 1/2 mix?

Thanks!

plants_023.jpg

Hey a hydro clone unit, get two tubs not to big and fit on top of each other if they have handel they should ride about 2 inches above, water the lower one get tiki wick and cut the bottom of the top one, stick in the tiki wicks then fill top with perlite.

Just change out lower water tub, in warm days can just be stuck out under mother for shade.

When (forced) to clone from a plant 31 days into budding what should I expect.
Today is day 4 of the cloning and I'm getting some yellowing.
It's a constant 80 in the dome with, not Too much humidity, just enough to keep the dome sweaty and all.
I lost the clones I had from veg state to mold, and all looks good so far this time except for the yellowing leaves. I use jell and rooting solution in rockwool, and have a vented dome with a double 4 foot fluorescent light.
I would HATE to loose this strain and if I have to I will regenerate the two I have now to keep it going, but really need these clones to make it.
Thanks again for ALL the other advice on the root bindage.
See ya around!
:Rasta:got great roots in potting soil in nursury packs in window with 75 watt energy bulb, cover just with cut up veggie bags from store, not all the hoopla.

Hey Y'all,

Me again. I wasnt sure if you all saw my grow journal yet.
I'm posting every few days or so on these babies.
"The life of the Bubble Gum Babies" Check it out and grow with me.
Kick ass site Y'all, keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom