Tryed a little somthing different to make hash this time

Jimbo

I'm not sure if it will work or not but I got my mesh coffee filter and put some finely chopped, dried & frozen leaves in it and just shook it over a stainless steel stake plate that I use to do all my bud preparing on and the finest pollen powder just littered the plate. now...is that filter fine enough to even make a decent hash? I know it has worked for the ice method before but you have to collect the pollen that settles to the bottom using that method. I guess I could put that powder into a mason jar full of ice water, shake it up and let it settle then collect the pollen from the bottom like that. would that work you think? I really want a fine silk screen to try this method out on but, I'm not even sure where to find one. Any thoughts? I know Boss will give it to me straight, knowing him, lol...the reason I ask is that I just got a new pollen press today and I want to try it out...bad! I put that powder in it to see but I'm not sure what I'm even doing. so, help me out guys, please. Btw, I placed that press wrapped up in a heating pad to keep it hot, will that work as well?

JE:peace:

gee...I knew I could count on you Boss...my ol friend. Cool...but I do wish I knew where to find that really fine mesh so to get that high grade pollen. now, about that press, how exactly dose that thing work? dose it turn into anything like black tar or is it just a compacted piece of pollen that just crumbles...1st time out with it. I hope you say it's like black tar, because I just love that stuff. I sure did get alot of pollen out of just a few leaves tho & could get even more if I kept shaking it over the plate. I just worry that it is mostly plant matter. should I re-sift it a 2nd time, ya think? and yes it is that brass colored mesh.

Another trick. Get a picture off the wall and clean the glass. filter through your coffe filter, then try the dryer filter. Usually those are made of fine mesh that is very strong. You will have to run the dryer with many dryer sheets for an empty run to clear the smell :) I used one to rub off dry trimmings.

cool beans...after re-reading what you said before about the paint strainer I knew exactly what you were talking about. I used to be an automotive painter mostly on semi tractor trailers and, we used those strainers by the truck load. I used to have a few here somewhere, but it's been so long ago that I'll have to search the whole house to find them.
It's funny but I have an old dryer that the heating element went out on just sitting out in my back yard. I haven't thought about it before now, but I have seen dryer hash making techniques in a couple of threads here and there...is it even worth it? I don't have enough leaves to use that method now but one day I might. lol...without you even saying anything, I'll be willing to bet you have info on that to...yudaman!!! I just love how you have all this cool info stashed back to share with us, I guess thats what makes you such a killer grow mod. :smokin::yummy:

well...I'm damn impressed with this dry sieving technique with the coffee strainer & also with this new pollen press, Jeez, bro...this stuff gets you "tow-up" and that was a male sativa too, maybe even a pure 100% sat. I think maybe even a Hawaii Maui Waui , I'm not 100% on that, but what ever it was,.. it was a beautiful plant that was about 3' tall with a Christmas tree shape and long narrow, thin leaves and would have turned into a tree if it had kept growing. I kept waiting on it to nut up with buds, but it just started nutting up with pollen sacs all over it and you know I had to pull it because of the 2 other fems in the green house :(... But anyway, that's what this hash came from and damn it's great! Ok, now I'm on a mission to find some 125 micro silk screen so I can make a better screening devise for a purer product. What kind of places sell silk screen anyway? Can you find it at WM, maybe in the sewing/crafts dpt.? I'll go shopping and let you/y'all know what I find out. I think I'll be using this technique from now on because it seems to yield better than the blinder technique and alot easier too with less mess. Now, the only Q's I have left are, how long do I keep the pollen pressed for best results? should it be moist when pressed? and does keeping the press in a warm environment like a heating pad help the process? Thanks bro...your the best "Boss man" :smokin::bongrip:

JE:peace:

silk screen isn't that expensive guys and you can even buy trays for silk screen printing shops with the screen already stretched across the frame. Check things out online by googling silk screens. When I make my kief boxes I buy the screen in bulk but if I remember right you could buy smaller batches. It just takes a little searching.

I know, and I did that Google thing too. There was a couple of them close to here too. I just need to call them and make sure they have what I need. What micron should I ask for? 125 mic? or if they have smaller get that?

Back
Top Bottom