Herming late in bloom cycle

Bindi

I'm trimming my lovely F-13 ladies only to find that some of them have gone butch on me! I am seeing some herming that appears to have started late in the cycle, because the boy-balls are few and small, between the normal calyx production. None of the little bastards have gotten big enough to open up or form seeds.

I think the herming might have been triggered by a light leak I discovered about a month after putting them into flower. The buds didn't look quite right, but after plugging the leak they seemed to catch up.

My question is, is the resulting stash going to be sub-standard in quality? Will the potency and flavor be affected? Inquiring minds want to know. I'd hate to toss my whole sweet DJ Short crop out. Other than the herming issue, the buds are well-developed, with good trichome action.

ANy help in this area would be greatly appreciated!

Bindi

PS My simultaneous Grape Krush crop is perfect, no herming at all. Go figure.

Thanx, Moose. That makes me feel better.

Boss: My guess is that the males appeared within the last week. About I turned the lights off and started trimming, doing the Grape Krush ladies first, as they were more ready. Once I started on the F-13 I noticed the hermonsters.

Bindi

Here is a photo of my herme

Herme.JPG

I've actually welcomed these little men because I want to make a bunch of female seeds. I really like the Fruity Thai strain. I had stressed the plant and interupted the light to get the male flowers.

Back
Top Bottom