758.jpg

bend guard away from prong teeth:
854.jpg

939.jpg

slightly squish and re-attach housing so it stays on with a gap:
1033.jpg

slip new-formed pic under housing, flat part up, prong teeth down.:
11102.jpg

now clasp housing down completely. this will be very snug. very likely to jam if final steps aren't observed.:
1241.jpg

now straighten to your liking and add heat to pic. (i usually have another lighter for this.) wait for plastic at base of pick to bead under heat, then use something (because hot) and press down on the housing to set the pick in place.
1333.jpg

pic is best to one side, to prevent jamming of mechanism. check for jamming of mechanism by listening for gas escaping, and lighting repeatedly. making sure the pick jiggles a bit also prevents jamming.
1527.jpg

1436.jpg

now you can pic with your bic, poke and smoke, no black fingertips, no switching tools or even hands.

1623.jpg

That's a brilliant idea! I always lose the packing tools I buy (well the two before I gave up) and hate destroying the bottom of my lighters. If it doesn't jam too often I'm going to do this from now on. +Rep

thanks all, i like doing this cause its cheap and effective.

i don't have problems with it poking me in my pocket either.

you can also smoke resin or hash off the pick part....

i would love too see some pictures though!

has anybody done this? got any pictures?????

technical questions? anthing?

I did it. It has it's period where it gets locked up fairly often but a quick jiggle and your good. The saftey isn't wide enough to really pack the bowl all at once. Pushing down/inwards from the outside in, on two or three sides does the trick. Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Definitely save on blackening fingers and lighter.

When you use the but end of the lighter to pack a lit bowl, you burn the plastic which has to leaves residue on your nugget. Then you smoke some toxic plastic. My buddy advised me to use the top/metal end of the lighter. No plastic and the ash blows/wipes right off inside burning into the plastic.

^ smart thinking southflorida

I'll change my evaluation from a 7 out of 10 to an 8.5 out of 10. It seems you have to let it find it's sweet spot over the first few days of making it. It hasn't locked up on me in over a week now.

clever.

i just made a slightly modified version of this.

what i did was this:

i clipped off the wide prongy thing and then put the wider part into the the lighter itself, this way you get a more acute tool and i havent had a simgle jam at all

ill post pics of it later

nothing like good ole stoner ingenuity
props

Damn i just tried it with a brand new black bic.,...and i fukd it up..the spring part just flew and landed on my xmass tree haha....and i am not about to go look for it...it would take days 2 find it...lol..

well anyway i will try this again tomorrow when im not high(or should i say before i get high?)...haha very smart idea by the way!!props! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom