First Grow In Coco

Baremeat

Hope everyone is doing well. I finished my last grow a few weeks ago and have started my first coco grow. FatJoe got me going about coco and Scrog. So this will be a Scrog in coco in a cabinet.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Using a 400W HPS in a cool tube. Would not beable to keep the temps down if it were not for the cool tube. Modified the cabinet for this grow. Buildt a screen and frame for the Scrog. Also added a dripper system for automatic watering every 12 hours and a return system to pump the runoff out of the cabinet.

So far the system is working pretty good. I am getting a 10% to 15% runoff after each watering. Using Canna Coco A & B at this time for nutes. Following the companies recomendations regarding the amount of nutes to use. The ladies are flowering clones that I took from my last grow. They have been kept under fluros until I was able to clear the cabinet out. I had to bend one of the ladies a few times to keep the height down before I got it into the cabinet.

Keeping the pH to around 6.0. They seem to like it. Here are a few pics of what I got going. Looking for comments both good and bad to see if I can meet my goal. I want to harvest a gram for every watt that I am using. So my goal for this grow is 400 grams. First time doing a Scrog, so maybe my goal is a little high. What the hell, I like high.:yummy:

Your watering them too much. With a run to waste set up you want a total 10% to 15% run off for the entire day. In coir your better off doing several small waterings spread out over the day than one or two big waterings. Otherwise things look okay. Keep us updated.

Thanks for the input Racefan. I had read may of your threads with great interest. Your words of wisdom will be strongly considered. I have taken your advice on watering. Have changed so I get a total of 10% to 15% runoff every 24 hours.

Boss said:
They look heat beat to me. What are your temps? Maybe add some N as well. I love the setup!

Hey Boss, thanks for stopping by. Thanks again for all your help on my last grow. It turned out good. Hoping this one will be better. You are right about heat. Have had some hot weather last week. Up over 100 for several days. I have left the cabinet open and placed more fans all around but there have been times the ladies were having to deal with 100-110 temps. I guess that is why I have been giving more water. Hope this will all change. Weatherman says it will start getting back to normal temps.

Update to this grow. Doing the things that all have been sugested. Ladies are looking nice and growing well.:clap: Need some advice, do I need to start 12/12 with the lights to induce flowering or continue with veg to fill the screen more. First time with coco and trying a Scrog for the first time. So far this Scrog thing is cool and the coco is great to grow in.:smokin:

Fill the screen to about 40% full then switch. The stretch will fill the rest

Thanks Racefan, flipped them today. Using coco is a lot easier to grow in than soil, and this Scrog has just been fun. Love to bend and twist the ladies to were I want them to go. It like a large puzzle, and trying to figure out where the next piece goes.

looks good,do you get a better yield with the scrog method or is it just to save space?
i've been a soil grower for years but recently switched to hydro for better yields even though i prefer organic,very interested in your scrog,please post more pictures as you progress.nice one and bong on

Not sure what the yeild will be. I have been told that you should be able to get a gram for every watt used. I am using a 400 watt HPS, so I am shooting for 400 grams. I have found that this type of grow seems to work well in my cabinet so far. The screen that I made has approx 180 squares. The object being to have a bud site in each square. If this works, that will be the prettiest sight these old eyes have seen in a while.

This is the first time using coco. Other than a small pH problem early in the grow, I have had no problems using it along with Canna Coco nutes. I doubt that I will ever go back to soil.

Thanks for stopping bye.

Update - It has been about 8 days since I flipped the lights.:clap: Ladies are growing nicely. Been doing a lot of bending and fan leaf trimming. They are blocking the light to lower buds that are working into the screen. Almost have all the screen full. Been trying to keep any upward growth at screen level. This Scrog shit is the heat.:yummy:

Looking good mate, Im also using Canna Coco & nutes & I'm impressed so far, are you using Canna Rhizotonic as well?
As with watering im using the finger method ( feel down two inches ) and when nearly dry I give them a feed.

Thanks for the reply Wwilde. Your right about the Canna Coco nutes, they are simple to use and no problems using them. I am only using Canna A and Canna B at this time. When the ladies have flowered for about two weeks I will add PK 13/14 and again about two weeks before harvest.

I have set my system up to water twice a day with a total run off of 15-20%. This seems to work real nice. Ladies seem to like it. I keep the coco moist at all times.

Thanks for the reply Wwilde. Your right about the Canna Coco nutes, they are simple to use and no problems using them. I am only using Canna A and Canna B at this time. When the ladies have flowered for about two weeks I will add PK 13/14 and again about two weeks before harvest.

I have set my system up to water twice a day with a total run off of 15-20%. This seems to work real nice. Ladies seem to like it. I keep the coco moist at all times.

No probs mate, I be watching closely.
PK13/14 hmm, I might do that too.
What size pots are you using?

Here's my journal,
420 Seeds - White Widow Max, in Canna Coco

It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I flipped the lights. The ladies have filled the screen nicely.:cheesygrinsmiley: Still doing some trimming of fan leaves but not as much. Will add some PK 13/14 next week. Starting to see hairs all over the place. Nothing like seeing hairy ladies.:drool: Temps have been a problem with the way summer has gone. Been keeping them in the 80,s but they have had some time in the 90's and 100. Only for a short time.:yikes: So far it doesn't seem to effect them. I guess it's almost time to let them go. No more bending and twisting. I have found that making them do what ya want is a lot of fun to do. Can't wait to do it again.:yummy:

Buds are forming all over the place.:smokin: Been trimming more fan leaves to get the light down to lower buds. So far the ladies like being played with every night.:clap: Talking and working with my girls after work in the eveining with a nice buzz is the best medicine that I could ever do. Me and my girls are in our own little world.:rocker::rocker:

Started PK13/14 last week. Seems like they like it. Was wondering if ya keep with the PK13/14 for the rest of the grow or just into the 2nd week of flowering and about 2 weeks before harvest. Will it hurt if I keep feeding them A, B and PK13/14 for the rest of the grow?

Here are a few pics of the grow I took this evening.

A week later and the ladies are looking good.:smokin: They have been flowering for 3 weeks now. Been using Canna A&B for the entire grow and started PK 13/14 after the first week of flowering.

I want to thank everyone for all the words regarding PK 13/14. Will finish up the PK 13/14 at the end of this week and then hit them again about 2 weeks from finish.:yummy:

There is no doubt in my mind that I will continue growing in coco. This has been the easiest grow I have ever done.:ganjamon: No major problems and only a small one at the onset of the grow. Thinking of starting from seed the next grow. Not sure if I want to buy some beans or use beans that I have been saving. Would like to grow a known type.:rollit:

Anyway, here are a few pics of the ladies at 3 weeks into flowering. The Scrog is full and looking good. Been removing only fan leaves that are blocking any light from the buds.

Back
Top Bottom