Little Plant

FishSticks

Hey everyone, so heres the first attempt. its been grown outside, with supplemental cfl lighting for those rainy days. recently there has been a bit growth spurt, it maybe due to the extended use of the cfls the other day, as it has been really rainy here. being a first it hasnt received anything besides water and sunshine, hopefully, as it looks, its doing pretty well so far.

IMG_10131.jpg

basically im looking for some help as to adding some nutes to this little one. its grown outside so im not sure if that effect what it should receive. im also thinking it might need to be transplanted, as there might not be enough soil to fully allow a mature root ball. tell me what you think.

IMG_1014.jpg

hopefully soon enough her sex will become clear

:joint:

i think you have a very nice plant. you will need to transplant that thing if you want it to get huge. i recamend a 10 gallon with good soil. you are gonna see that thing really start getting alote bigger now.

as for feeding i would let her go on her own, until you see sighns that she is hungry you can help her along the way.

good luck dood. :smokin:

I'd recommend 5 gallons. A 5 gallon bucket from home depot for $5.00 would be perfect. That should be plenty. 10 gallons would be a huge amount of soil and I wouldn't know where to buy a container that big anyway. The only options I know of are grow bags and they don't sell them in singles which is all you need. Besides...the light cycles are going to start going down soon and flowering will begin so vegetive growth won't be as big as if you had started them outside in April.

first off, there is soooo much new growth, this thinks growing like a weed!:)

thanks to both of you guys! so im wondering if its just because im beginning, or maybe im just crazy, but i think it is indeed a female? it seems as if i can start to see 2 long hairs, coming out of the nodes?? not sure if thats the correct term. these hairs are in pairs of 2 which excites me! hopefully i am right, or am i wayyyyyy too early to even be guessing, like i said this is my first time, im just anxious.

as for transplanting, i know i just hold it by the leaves, dig around and slowly work it out. do i really have to go to a 5+ gallon container? i still would like this somewhat manageable. i supplement lighting with some cfls inside when the weather is dreary, and with a 5gallon its really going to make that move a pain. im going to try and LST this little one, hopefully with success. another rambling post.

i think it is indeed a female? it seems as if i can start to see 2 long hairs, coming out of the nodes??

is your lighting 12/12 ? it could be possible it is showing sex. but i think you could be possibly confussing a calax with 2 little red hairs coming out for those little things that come out of the nodes so support bud i tihink. just make sure.

ok so i transplanted into a larger pot. was trying to find foxfarm as ive heard its excellent, though it wasnt available and i went with some all organic vegetable soil. preformed the transplant, and only managed to tear one of the leaves, though it is still in tact.

IMG_1019.jpg

lots of new growth just over night, before the transplant.

IMG_10171.jpg

really hard to see the 'hairs' im going to call it undetermined until im for sure that it is a shee.

IMG_10211.jpg

after the transplant 'shee' wasnt doing so well so a bamboo stake was added to help support her. an hour after this photo was taken shee already has perked up almost to her original self. im hoping by this evening shee will look as pretty as before:)

i think that you need more nutrients. fish emulsion is all you need for the grow stage in soil. or you can use a hydro fert if you want. just give it some nitrogen.

How old is your baby? I so wanna know, it looks exactly like mine!

Back
Top Bottom