• Purple

Votes: 43 59.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Green with Orange hairs

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters

eBUD

Hey everyone, i'm wondering if there is any way to manipulate a plants colors? I have smoked some good bud that have been green, purple, and an orange color. All different buds but thats besides the point. I want to know that if I have the seeds from a purple bud plant will they be the same color or is it luck of the draw? Do only some strains have vividly colored buds? Hope to spark some conversation.:smokin:

if the purple plant is from genetics and the seed from this bud is of pure stock (not of a mixed breed) the bud will be purple. They have come out with a product that makes claims of turning bud purple now too though. I think it's called purple max. Personally I like all weed. It's the effect that matters to me and not the color.

Effect>color yes but the appeal is amazing, having a beautiful garden that will hevily sedate you in different ways is my dream garden.

Your chances are improved because of genetics from a purple strain> Luck of the draw though dictates some of the equation> yes some plants color schemes are vivid, this also depends on location, geography, altitude, soil-hydro conditions, nutes etc......
That is one of the many reasons Cannabis Horticulture is appealing to many.

The color of a plant has to do with the strain and its genetics...And sometimes it can be caused by a defficiency (IE phosphurous, molybenum..etc). The products they make such as purple max do NOT work. The color of the weed has nothing to do with potency.

No it doesnt have to do with potency. The way in which a plant is grown is going to determine the potency. Thats why i believe there is no such thing as schwag. Just farmers learning the ropes or screwing around. Color is only good for the spirit, sale, and over all photogenics. :smokin: I just wanted to know what everyone thinks about the subject. I <3 to learn

The color of the buds has to do with pigments.

What puts the Purple in Purple?

"Dying" the buds with any man-made product is ineffective and quite frankly nothing I would want to smoke anyway. :peace:

I too have heard that low temps will force a plant to show the trade marks of some perps. I also have hear that as soon as you harvest it, the color will only stay in certain places, it all wont stay the purple color.
There is a additive that is ot on the market that claims to be able to make your plant turn purple... I dont know if i believe this but I have had people reply to me on this very subject that it does work. I cant remember what its called off the top of my hear. Ill try to post it or tell ya the name of this magic juice.
IMO ide just find a strain that has a tendancy to end up having purple budz. The strain identification thread under the grow room tab, I believe, tells of some strains that have the tendancy to be purple.

I know for a fact, that a seed from a plant that was purple naturally does not have a 100% chance of being purple. Clones do though, so if ya like the purple and get some. My word of advice is, CLONE THE HELL OUT OF IT!

Back
Top Bottom