Pot Prince's Extradition Hearing To U.S. Delayed

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
B.C.'s Prince of Pot will get to stay in Canada a while longer.

A B.C. judge Monday agreed to adjourn the extradition hearing for marijuana activist Marc Emery that was scheduled to begin next week.

Emery's lawyer Ian Donaldson told B.C. Supreme Court Justice Anne Mackenzie he needed at least two weeks to finalize an agreement with U.S. prosecutors.

Donaldson said that two of Emery's co-accused have pleaded guilty to their part in a scheme to sell marijuana seeds to grow-ops south of the border.

He said that since the pleas by Michelle Rainey and Gregory Williams were entered in Seattle last month, he has been in discussions with the U.S. prosecutors.

Donaldson said that under the proposed agreement, Emery would be extradited on one of the three criminal counts he faces.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: canada.com
Copyright: 2009 Canwest News Service

Can you believe that this man is going to sit in a prison for selling seeds.

SEEDS.

Take the time whether you are high or not and open a pack. Let them run around in your hand for a second while you let it sink in that this man is going to spend probably many years of his life treated like the scum of the earth for seeds.

What kind of monsters(at first I tried monsters,then idiots,then wackjobs) do we have running our countries.
My country doesn't even have the balls to refuse these ludicrous charges against Marc.
I would be curious to know how much in total, including how much to hold him in prison, this whole fiasco will cost.
Now imagine what a school, charity or community could have done with that much money.

Marc could easily get killed in jail. He has pissed off some of the biggest people in the US. He knew that going into this. He has been a freedom fighter ever since his days in London, Ontario staying open on sunday. We do not want a pot martyr but we may get one. On the other hand his lawyers are good and can prove that this attack is politically motivated. He still may go to jail, but do the time up here. I hope the best comes for him and his life work. I do not think we would be this close to outright legalization if it was not for many of his actions. I personally thank him. He is a Canadian Hero in my books

Back
Top Bottom