My Experience Using Sierra Natural Science Spider Mite Spray

First off I gotta thank Sierra Natural Science Inc.. This product (SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control) was provided by one of our newest sponsors. If you like the smell of rosemary, then you'll be in heaven. Food grade, 100 % natrual and it worked as it stated. I will keep the progress of my garden as it comes along. that is weather the mites show back up or not. Thus far its been cool (dont,want to jinx myself), no webing since the plants were ALL sprayed using the SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control.

IMG_8725.JPG

Heres some product info directly from the home site of Sierra Natural Science Inc Home:

SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control is made up of 100% pure Rosemary botanical extracts. The botanicals are all food grade GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials.
SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control
is exempt from EPA registration under minimum risk pesticides exempted under FIFRA section 25(b).

How It Works
Spider mites destroy plant cells by sucking out their contents and SNS-217™'s unique formula works by providing a barrier which is harmless to the plant, but fatal to the mites.
The natural salts from fatty acids derived from Rosemary extracts disrupt the insect cell structure and permeability of its membranes. Cell contents then leak from damaged cells and the spider mites quickly die
Some of the components of SNS-217™ are also absorbed by the plant and then suppress the life cycle of the mites.
SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control kills the spider mite eggs as well by coating the eggs with a oily shield that disrupts the respiration to the egg; therefore no hatching will occur, they will just dry out.....

Check the site out and if you have end up with an infestion of Spider Mites, I strongly recommend it. I've been happy with the results. If conditions change and the mites do come back. There will be an update here on this thread. But hey its been a week and all is good. No sign of egss, webs or spots from the mites. It may sound like a commercial, but on the real, it works. No B/S these product reviews go one way or the other. This is just a good example of what happens when a maker of a product(Sierra Natural Science Inc.) can legitimately say they have a product that works. Heres the picts of the webs as I found them:

IMG_8719.JPG

IMG_8722.JPG

IMG_8717.JPG

Please feel free to ask away on any questions about the product or its review. The idea is to get as much feedback from all of you to either approve or diapprove. These reviews are here to be honest and not sway you in anyway. I am here to provide you with my honest opinion and experience using this product. So PLEASE be sure to post your thoughts & experiences.
I will update with photos of that exact plant in another week to show weather the mites have come back or note. I will not treat this plant more then shes already been treated to show true results. :thanks:
:ganjamon:
The Butcher

Tell me about it. Its just nice to know its ok to medicate and not have to worry about any chemicals that could harm me or my patients. Esspecially considering their all at different stages of cancer. Its funny some of the resident doc's over at their hospital know that I provide the meds for a few of the patients. When I was there the other day they pulled me aside and mentioned a few more patients in the hospital that need help with their meds due to $$ issues. So I mentioned it was no prob and I could help them out. The Dr. said there was one in particular who had issues w/ chemicals and using Canna as a medication. This was cause she felt the chemicals would or could have an adverse effect. So it worked out pretty well when I showed them this very thread on my phone, I showwed her the info on what I used for the plants. Read her every ingredient and after that she was cool with it. Hell, even the doc was suprised. So yeah it does make a difference not only to us as growers, but to our patients as well. I know where neem oil is extracted from, but the big thing that sold this product not just to me but my patients is that its food grade safe. This on the bottle makes a difference. So to this I must say :thanks: to SNS, not just from me but from the doctors and patients over in the oncology department at their hosptial.

Can't wait to see how the plant does. I normally avoid treatments if at all possible but that plant would have died if not treated. Curious if late flowering use of that product would alter taste of the end product.

Thats a good question. I was going to toss out some clones tonight. I'll keep a couple put them straight into flower. I'll treat them late in flower see if it does transfer into the taste and smell. That would be a good experiment for this review.:goodjob:

So I found some of the little bastards on some clones that I received from a friend. Went to the hydro store and asked about SNS 217.....they had just received some sample bottles (4 oz) and said I could have a bottle if I would let them know how it worked. Prior to going to the hydro store, I grabbed my $12 radio shack magnifier and looked at the little bastards and their eggs. The eggs were white and round like a bb. Sprayed 'em 2 days ago and examined again today under the magnifier. The mites were tits-up, with their legs folded in and definately history. Here is the best part...the eggs were distorted and crumpled and brown. First product I've seen that did that! So this product will be always be on my shelf!

So I found some of the little bastards on some clones that I received from a friend. Went to the hydro store and asked about SNS 217.....they had just received some sample bottles (4 oz) and said I could have a bottle if I would let them know how it worked. Prior to going to the hydro store, I grabbed my $12 radio shack magnifier and looked at the little bastards and their eggs. The eggs were white and round like a bb. Sprayed 'em 2 days ago and examined again today under the magnifier. The mites were tits-up, with their legs folded in and definately history. Here is the best part...the eggs were distorted and crumpled and brown. First product I've seen that did that! So this product will be always be on my shelf!

:cheer: Nice observations Hogdady. Curious to hear on the long term results of your grow later on in this thread.

Yes I'm definetly glad to hear the ill effects for them lil suckers. I love this stuff. Thanx for the great info HodDaddy. Not that it would hurt if you didn't do so. But I like to wipe the leafs down after seeing the endresults. Well actually I wait til about 5 minutes or so before lights out then I wipe the plant down with a damp cloth. This will help to ensure the plants stomata stay free and clear. +rep HD when I can again.:goodjob:

But I like to wipe the leafs down after seeing the endresults. Well actually I wait til about 5 minutes or so before lights out then I wipe the plant down with a damp cloth. This will help to ensure the plants stomata stay free and clear. +rep HD when I can again.:goodjob:

good idea that I will put into practice...thx Butch! :grinjoint:

I just spoke to a chemist from SNS-217 who says they typically tell people not to apply the product after 2 weeks into flowering. He did mention some of his buddies have used it all the way through without any negative results. So let us know how that experiment plays out Butch.

I'll post an update in bit. That lil baby is actually doing well and is now the star of an STS demo on my https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/the-butchers-slaughter-breeding-journal.102224/
She now has glistening white roots and is thriving. No sign of mites. All is good. I'm trying it on some other pest that I'm having issues with outdoors. The aroma gave me an idea: I transfered some rosemary plants from my indoor garden to the perimeter of my outdoor vegtable garden. That way the scent of the rosemary will help has a defense in garden. I don't know if it will work, but it does look pretty though.:rofl:

So heres en experiment I did. As I mentioned in the above post I am having pest issues in my other garden as well. What I did is placed a cannabis plant in a spot that allowed pest to lay eggs and hatch an this plant. I know its murder, but we all need to know if and how this product works. And not just from one set of photos. The results were GREAT to say the least. These picts are of the eggs and pest on the fan leaf itself. :

BEFORE Treatment of SNS-17

SNSSTS_002.jpg

SNSSTS_001.jpg

SNSSTS_003.jpg

24 Hours AFTER Treatment of SNS-17:

SNSSTS_023.jpg

SNSSTS_022.jpg

SNSSTS_021.jpg

SNSSTS_019.jpg

(((DEAD))) Every one of those eggs and hatched larva is dried out and dead. their litterally flaking off the plant. Tonight I will mist and wipe down the plant. She will be finishing her remaining days outdoor flowering. I hope these 2 examples of what SNS-17 by Sierra Natrual Science can truly due conince you to keep it on hand. Please be sure to check out their webpage:

Sierra Natural Science Inc

This product is definetly something to have in your arsenal. Pest are no joke and can kill crops overnight. Please don't let it happen to you. Even if you choose not to order it at the moment, be sure to keep the name in mind. Sierra Natrual Science :ganjamon:

This product is definetly something to have in your arsenal. Pest are no joke and can kill crops overnight. Please don't let it happen to you. Even if you choose not to order it at the moment, be sure to keep the name in mind. Sierra Natrual Science :ganjamon:

:welldone: Major kudos to you Butch! Great pics of what I saw happening on my plants after spraying with SNS-217. When I first saw the bastards, I went to my hydro store and asked about SNS-217. They had just received some, but had no experiance with it, so they gave me a bottle if I would test and report back to them. I think they are gonna sell a lot of it! :grinjoint:

Just got a sample bottle from my local hydro store, and plan on giving it a try in my ongoing (hopefully not neverending) battle with the little bastards. No matter what I've tried in the past, it seems they always come back. I have always stayed with organic treatments, so hopefully this will work. It makes me wonder if having some rosemary growing in the garden might keep them away. Might be worth a try, and if nothing else, will supply rosemary for the kitchen!

:amen: to that. I just put some Rosemary in my veg. garden. Hope it works out for the both of us. The spray has been great to me. It worked on the clone along with the plant I placed outside. I think a great defense is a great offense in this matter. I have come to the conclusion with a misting of this stuff every couple weeks or so. Will make a big difference in a garden. Thats what I've been doing and I haven't had any signs of pest yet. Wish me luck, as I definetly wish you the same.

Back
Top Bottom