Spider mites

only1JAB

hi does anyone kno if the triple action neem oil organic control good for spider like does it woork good or what is the best thing to do?

Best thing to get rid of em stat. I never had em but read they're a bitch. You need to do some research quick unless someone that had em and successfully have rid em; seems like theres lots of products for em; one that comes to mind is liquid ladybug and axamax; if i remember correctly, neem oil is a preventive. Best luck to you.:nomo:

Best thing to get rid of em stat. I never had em but read they're a bitch. You need to do some research quick unless someone that had em and successfully have rid em; seems like theres lots of products for em; one that comes to mind is liquid ladybug and axamax; if i remember correctly, neem oil is a preventive. Best luck to you.:nomo:

If you got them, you've got lots more you don't know about. I've had them and bad. They actually got immune to over 9 different concoctions including Neem. I tried everything but they will come back. At best, you can keep them at bay but you MUST spray religiously and check each and every plant EVERY DAY at least once. Even dipping (submerging them) didn't rid them. Again, they come back. The ONLY way to get 100% gone is a complete toss of your crop, wash down the entire room(s) ceiling walls and floor, all equipment growing media and buckets, etc. and wiping all electronics off too. Never ever get clones from an unknown source and really, you shouldn't go in the room in your street clothes. They are fragile and die easily but their strength lies in the many, may eggs they lay and pass immunity onto. I once sprayed the entire room, plants, etc. and they were back in a few hours lapping up the spray chemical as if it were beer.
Good luck and be very thorough.

neem oil works great for a organic insect control. A little in the watering and it will keep out mites and other eating / sucking bugs.

If you already have an infestation, then neem will work, but can take up to two weeks to get rid of a heavy infestation.

Where as SNS 217 is derived from Rosemary extracts that disrupt the insect cell structure and permeability of its membranes. Cell contents then leak from damaged cells and the spider mites quickly die.

I've used Sierra 217 and it works very well. Just remember what ever you use usually calls for more than one treatment.

First try environmental control of them by lowering your temp to 60 degrees and spray them with just water. If that doesn't work then try the Neem and keep the temp low. The low temp will make it a very hostile environment for them and the Neem will smother them. If that doesn't work and the infestation continues use pyrethrum foggers. The pyrethrum is derived from dandylions i believe and works very well if the Neem doesn't

neem oil works great for a organic insect control. A little in the watering and it will keep out mites and other eating / sucking bugs.

If you already have an infestation, then neem will work, but can take up to two weeks to get rid of a heavy infestation.

Where as SNS 217 is derived from Rosemary extracts that disrupt the insect cell structure and permeability of its membranes. Cell contents then leak from damaged cells and the spider mites quickly die.

I've used Sierra 217 and it works very well. Just remember what ever you use usually calls for more than one treatment.

AND, if you go to their site (SNS's) you can get free samples. Not a lot, but enough to make an evaluation (I think about 4 ozs.). I got one each spider mite and mold...

AND, if you go to their site (SNS's) you can get free samples. Not a lot, but enough to make an evaluation (I think about 4 ozs.). I got one each spider mite and mold...

Excellent advice right here. I just sent in my request to try some. Just go to their contact page, select the sample you want to try and enter your name and address. +reps to you man.

SNS209 sounds interesting. I want to try that on my plants. Acts as a barrier after the plant takes in the solution and prevents some bugs from sucking the juices out of your plants.

yeah its been a rough weelk for me in my first medi grow I found out that my plant was
low on Phosphorus and Nitrogen and then the MITES what a whammy I am soooo sad right now.

BUT I did call and talk to Johnny from Sierra and I have a sample on the way YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!
Got a Querkle started up and the mystery Indica is two weeks from harvest...I am going to be very protective of lil Querkle.
I wonder what Subcool does aabout mites? I must figure out how to ask him.
peace:Namaste:

HI GUYS<
SHIT!!! I never thought id have a bloody spider mite infestation!! I noticed them for the first time today on the outside of her pot today, and i shit!! I grabbed my scope and stuck it on one and it looked like a bed bug! So i thought what the hell, but sincce have seen a pic of em and YEAH I HAVE THE SHITTY THINGS IN MY GIRL:( She was growing well and now these little pricks are invading, im gunna kick their asses, even if i have to pik em off 1 by 1!! I HAVE TO SAVE HER, I HAVE PYRETHRUM FOR NOW, PLZ ANY IDEAS on how to kill em asap GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Natural preferred as i dont wanna harm her! THANK YOU ALL,
SMOKEMUP;):thanks:

hi guys<
shit!!! I never thought id have a bloody spider mite infestation!! I noticed them for the first time today on the outside of her pot today, and i shit!! I grabbed my scope and stuck it on one and it looked like a bed bug! So i thought what the hell, but sincce have seen a pic of em and yeah i have the shitty things in my girl:( she was growing well and now these little pricks are invading, im gunna kick their asses, even if i have to pik em off 1 by 1!! I have to save her, i have pyrethrum for now, plz any ideas on how to kill em asap greatly appreciated!! Natural preferred as i dont wanna harm her! Thank you all,
smokemup;):thanks:

smokem they are soilmites!

This is all natural and has been said over and over again to work the best for spider mites SNS 217 Spider Mite Control Spray | Sierra Natural Science

Give them a call, send them an email, get a free sample and watch them disappear. :thumb:

HI GUYS<
SHIT!!! I never thought id have a bloody spider mite infestation!! I noticed them for the first time today on the outside of her pot today, and i shit!! I grabbed my scope and stuck it on one and it looked like a bed bug! So i thought what the hell, but sincce have seen a pic of em and YEAH I HAVE THE SHITTY THINGS IN MY GIRL:( She was growing well and now these little pricks are invading, im gunna kick their asses, even if i have to pik em off 1 by 1!! I HAVE TO SAVE HER, I HAVE PYRETHRUM FOR NOW, PLZ ANY IDEAS on how to kill em asap GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Natural preferred as i dont wanna harm her! THANK YOU ALL,
SMOKEMUP;):thanks:

Right 420 admin...I also like Georges idea from Medical Marijuana Growers Bible to do what ya said just be realy reaaallly careful
an gently squish them between your fingers an be sure to wash after wards dont touch any other plants..
DAMN I HAVE A LIL QUERKLE just starting out and I will be SURE TO KEEP THE LITTLE CREATURES OUT N OFF HER..

George also says to get a Castille soap from health food store and make a spary bottle up of the soap but be lite with it.
me I just took plain well water and doused the tops down so to keep them from moving in on her jusicy fruit. and I been a finger mashing them ALL WEEK and all her Sun hours and another thing I also have a electronic pest device I got for mice etc and it says it will keep out spiders and today there were not as many as the last four days. Peace

I would buy a couple thousand ladybugs and let nature take care, also I would take care to listen to 420 since I'm new lol

I tried it- went through a few thousand ladybugs. Both in garden greenhouse where they promptly vanished- I found 2 or three wandering around the next day, apparently the rest got out through cracks or something...and indoors where they mostly flew into the lights and fried. I screened over the lights and released more. The ladybugs appeared to just wander around aimlessly on the walls and ceiling -looking like they wanted out. I never saw one snacking on mites and never saw a dent in the mite population. I think if you could contain them somehow so there were lots of them in among the plants-like a sackful covering one plant- they maybe could keep the mite population down or even at a controllable level. I don't know. They will never eradicate the mites. But they are nice bugs and it's a cool idea somehow.

Let's hope so. Although it took me about two years to get rid of my mites, lol. I saw it was an old thread -just read the tail end and figured someone else had come along and tacked their issue on to the end of it, with fresh colony of mites to be discussed.

I completely agree with you on the ladybugs, nature's cool and all and in theory it sounds great but when it comes down to it your in this world alone. I only trust myself to deal with my issue's. Never met a mite aggressively treated with neem that walked away. Of course I sprayed every 3 day with a heavy dose for 3 application's.

Back
Top Bottom