8 week old plant problems - Help asap please

vcasihpridem

ok ,so i need a little help from my friends (intended)

info:
lights:150w hps
temp from 15-20 c
nutrients: 1ml - 2 ml bio bloom twice per week
STRAIN : white widow dinafem automatic (8 weeks old)

i honestly dont know what the hell is going on , buds are fattening up nicely , but leaves started to turn yellow from the bottom of plant and ''yellowness'' started moving upwards.
+ one thing i noticed is water is not absorbed as in earlier stages ( i dont know if because of bloom phase or connected to problems with leaves)

plant is in its final stage , by my calculations she should be done in 2-3 weeks time.
IMG_144829.JPG
IMG_144726.JPG
IMG_144626.JPG
IMG_144526.JPG
IMG_144427.JPG
IMG_144328.JPG

I DONT know if i should flush with a good amount of water , or if i should continue feeding it with bloom.

someone please help asap.
thanks !
:420:

some yellowing is normal this late in bloom.. Your bloom nutrients will have little Nitrogen in them as the plant does not require it any more. If you figure you have two to three weeks left, I would continue feeding with bloom nutes for a week then I would start flushing for harvest. being this late in bloom there is not much you can do about it any ways.

Try giving it a bottom watering. Set the plant in a tub and add water to the tub until it is 2/3 of the way up the side of the pot and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Next water from the top while the plant is still in the tub with a couple of liters of water. Remove the plant from the tub and let it drain well. Resume with the bloom nutes once the plant dries out in 4-5 days.

It looks pretty good overall! It will like the flush from a bottom feeding a bunch, though. Trust me.

Try giving it a bottom watering. Set the plant in a tub and add water to the tub until it is 2/3 of the way up the side of the pot and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Next water from the top while the plant is still in the tub with a couple of liters of water. Remove the plant from the tub and let it drain well. Resume with the bloom nutes once the plant dries out in 4-5 days.

It looks pretty good overall! It will like the flush from a bottom feeding a bunch, though. Trust me.

thank you both guys , i did the bottom flush as you said , and now we'll see.
i was getting a bit nervous so i appreciate you calming me a bit :Namaste:
just one more thing , should i remove damaged leaves or just let them be ?

i will post progress(hopefully) next weekend.

until then :circle-of-love:

Hi again , i really dont know if i am stressing with or without a reason , but the plant just keeps getting more yellow(pretty much everything is yellow), but buds have grown since yesterday,when (noticable by eye). i wonder if i should feed it with something with a bit more N ( biobizz grow ) in addition to the blooming fert(biobizz bloom) or if i should just ignore the yellowness and go with it ( i fear that all leaves will eventually fall off,since they are used for nutrients).

please keep in mind that this is actually my first serious grow , therefore i am not experienced at all.

thank you :420:

From where I sit, vasc, a plant that size that has been getting 1-2 ml bio bloom twice a week can not possibly be short on anything. More than likely your problems are related to too much of a good thing, not a shortage of anything.

Remember that the already damaged leaves are not going to get better. What you want to look for is green sugar leaf growth out of the buds.

You only have a couple more weeks to go and are going to get a decent harvest of good smoke. You may even want to consider going with just water to the end.

The root system is pot-bound, probably. That is why the soil doesn't seem to soak up water. Bottom watering works great for root-bound plants.

Don't panic, you're going to end up with a nice stash!

Here is my update on the plant.
what do you think about trichomes ?
too early , right?
IMG_146824.JPG
IMG_146723.JPG
IMG_146628.JPG
IMG_146427.JPG
IMG_146325.JPG
IMG_146219.JPG

ps: i fed her once with 1 ml bloom after the bottom flush , but starting today i am using water only.
:Namaste:

Ok so i cut her down today :) and here are the pictures :
IMG_151820.JPG
IMG_151722.JPG

i think it looks beautiful , i am really excited to taste some of it, it is my first indoor that is actually succesful (summer was too hot).
i am drying it in a barrack which at night has really low temperatures , is that a problem ?
i dont really know how much it actually is in g's , i haven't weighted it yet because of the water in cells , but if by counting buds i would guess around 15-20 g's.

i have another plant in my growbox, pictures of which i will post soon. it is bubba kush auto from dinafem , but with this one i decided to control the height of it to provoke growth of lower branches for more even canopy .

what are your thought on my first grow , how could i avoid yellowness and improve my harvest ?

i am thinking of using non fertilised soil so i can control nutrients .... also i am thinking of buying LED light(any suggestions about the quality? also i would prefer reasonable price for a student ;). The MH/HPS setup requires way too much ventilation , maybe i would use HPS for blooming to ensure all the light it needs .

thats that and zeds dead

+thank you for your help once more

i am thinking of using non fertilised soil so i can control nutrients .... also i am thinking of buying LED light(any suggestions about the quality? also i would prefer reasonable price for a student ;). The MH/HPS setup requires way too much ventilation , maybe i would use HPS for blooming to ensure all the light it needs .

thats that and zeds dead

+thank you for your help once more
If you are growing from seed going with an inert soil might be advisable, but personally I do not believe completely necessary, since after around week 4 with most soils the amount of nutrients left in the soil will need to be compensated for anyway. After aprox. 7 weeks you have inert soil for all intensive purposes. That is why many soil growers will start nutrients after 4 weeks but only 1/4 strength of recommended levels, then 1/2 strength by week 6 and by the end of week 7 full strength of recommended nutrient levels.
As for your 1st grow, you got through it, you did not kill your plants and you got a harvest. :yahoo::allgood::party: The hardest part is over, now just continue to learn but pull from the knowledge you have already learned. Your on your way :thumb:
As for lighting might I suggest you check out Mars-hydro. They are one of our sponsors and they have reasonably priced LED's which will do the job, plus you will not have to deal with the heat and high electric bills each month. I believe they are a great entry level LED that works and is very affordable.
As for increasing your harvest or increasing your yield, there is a ton of things you can do, though each has its pluses they also have their draw backs. After looking at the branch structure of your plant, here is an easy way to get you on the way to a bigger yield. When your plant is at its 4th to 5th node, top the plant. This will cause you to have 2 tops instead of 1. allow each branch of the new tops to get 3 to 4 nodes and top both of the branches. Now you will have 4 tops. See a pattern beginning to develop here? Your tops will develop the best colas, so the more the merrier, though keep in mind, the more tops the more weight those branches will have to support.
One thing you can do to prevent the yellowing is to follow a schedule of flushes during your growing cycle. I will give you an example. Say you pour in 3/4 gallon of water with nutrients when feeding and the PPM is say 1200. In 3 days your plant has used some of that 1200 ppm but not all of it. Some of it is in the soil where the roots are not in contact with. but for argument sake say it ate 900 ppm of the last feeding. Now you feed it again, with 1200 PPM but there is already 300 PPM already left in the soil from the last feeding, so now your at 1500 PPM, so this time the plant eats 1000 PPM of what is available. 3 days later you feed her again, 1200 PPM but wait there is 500 PPM left over in the soil. See where this is leading to? Some growers will do a feed/feed/water schedule while others use feed/water/feed/water to accommodate those unused PPMs. So here is the question, how do you know how many PPM's of nutrients are left over after each feeding? Well to be honest, you don't. But what you can do is every three weeks when you feed your plant you can take her to the shower, and start pouring straight water through her. The recommended amount is a 3 to 1 ratio or 3 times the volume of the container. Personally I do 5 times. Last flushing I did, I got a PPM reading out of the bottom of the pot when it 1st started draining of 1240 ppm. after 5 times the volume of straight water my ppm dropped to around 200. Then after I let her drain a good 1/2 hour I fed her with 1200 PPM and checked the drainage coming out. It bumped it up to 600 ppm That method will flush out the salts and other excess nutrients out of your soil and basically get you back to starting from fresh. If using soil you do not have to start flushing until you flip or around week #5 or #6 depending on when you start giving the plants 100% recommended dosages of nutrients.
That is just a few of the millions of ways to do it, hope that it is helpful to you:love:

If you are growing from seed going with an inert soil might be advisable, but personally I do not believe completely necessary, since after around week 4 with most soils the amount of nutrients left in the soil will need to be compensated for anyway. After aprox. 7 weeks you have inert soil for all intensive purposes. That is why many soil growers will start nutrients after 4 weeks but only 1/4 strength of recommended levels, then 1/2 strength by week 6 and by the end of week 7 full strength of recommended nutrient levels.
As for your 1st grow, you got through it, you did not kill your plants and you got a harvest. :yahoo::allgood::party: The hardest part is over, now just continue to learn but pull from the knowledge you have already learned. Your on your way :thumb:
As for lighting might I suggest you check out Mars-hydro. They are one of our sponsors and they have reasonably priced LED's which will do the job, plus you will not have to deal with the heat and high electric bills each month. I believe they are a great entry level LED that works and is very affordable.
As for increasing your harvest or increasing your yield, there is a ton of things you can do, though each has its pluses they also have their draw backs. After looking at the branch structure of your plant, here is an easy way to get you on the way to a bigger yield. When your plant is at its 4th to 5th node, top the plant. This will cause you to have 2 tops instead of 1. allow each branch of the new tops to get 3 to 4 nodes and top both of the branches. Now you will have 4 tops. See a pattern beginning to develop here? Your tops will develop the best colas, so the more the merrier, though keep in mind, the more tops the more weight those branches will have to support.
One thing you can do to prevent the yellowing is to follow a schedule of flushes during your growing cycle. I will give you an example. Say you pour in 3/4 gallon of water with nutrients when feeding and the PPM is say 1200. In 3 days your plant has used some of that 1200 ppm but not all of it. Some of it is in the soil where the roots are not in contact with. but for argument sake say it ate 900 ppm of the last feeding. Now you feed it again, with 1200 PPM but there is already 300 PPM already left in the soil from the last feeding, so now your at 1500 PPM, so this time the plant eats 1000 PPM of what is available. 3 days later you feed her again, 1200 PPM but wait there is 500 PPM left over in the soil. See where this is leading to? Some growers will do a feed/feed/water schedule while others use feed/water/feed/water to accommodate those unused PPMs. So here is the question, how do you know how many PPM's of nutrients are left over after each feeding? Well to be honest, you don't. But what you can do is every three weeks when you feed your plant you can take her to the shower, and start pouring straight water through her. The recommended amount is a 3 to 1 ratio or 3 times the volume of the container. Personally I do 5 times. Last flushing I did, I got a PPM reading out of the bottom of the pot when it 1st started draining of 1240 ppm. after 5 times the volume of straight water my ppm dropped to around 200. Then after I let her drain a good 1/2 hour I fed her with 1200 PPM and checked the drainage coming out. It bumped it up to 600 ppm That method will flush out the salts and other excess nutrients out of your soil and basically get you back to starting from fresh. If using soil you do not have to start flushing until you flip or around week #5 or #6 depending on when you start giving the plants 100% recommended dosages of nutrients.
That is just a few of the millions of ways to do it, hope that it is helpful to you:love:

This is the reply i have been waiting for tbh , i am really interested in mars hydro II 400 W led light.

thanks a lot old grower!

Back
Top Bottom