Nutrient issue

b.real

hey guys, what's going on here? this nutrient problem is holding some of our plants back. we are growing in rockwool. thanks.

IMG_057331.JPG
IMG_057437.JPG

we are using general hydro flora series, botanicare cal/mag, and a couple other supplements. because the smaller plants also have the issue (actually they have it the worst) I think it's overfeed. magnesium overfeed? all my colleagues think it's a micronutrient underfeeding so we've been foliar spraying micro and cal/mag. at first I thought it was a phosphorous issue? I don't like to foliar feed anything, but it's not my grow. I need to convince them that it's overfeed, but first I need to find out exactly which nutrient it is. anyone else say magnesium? I think it could be becuase there's magnesium in a lot of the fertilizers we're using. thanks atulip.

not today, sorry. I'll be at the dispensary tomorrow and I'll get a picture when the lights go out.

Something like phosphorus or potassium toxicity would show similar to Mg deficiency as it locks it out.

Toxicity should start showing issues at newer growth and work it's way down. Mg deficiency would start at the bottom and go up. If you know where it started, that would help, otherwise the whole plant looks Mg deprived.

I was just looking them up and it does look like it could be magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, or even sulfur. it looks like it could be a bunch of different things. this is why we're stuck. young plants affected the worst makes me think overfeed. we use reverse osmosis water and are feeding at 700-800 ppm. I think we've got too much of some nutrient in there. sigh..

are you adjusting your pH to 5.8 every time, and are you giving nutes every time, keeping your rockwool wet, and oxygenating your water? Growing in rockwool is not the easiest thing to do.

I see no signs of overfeeding here... no clawing, no burned ends, at least not until your last watering... there you clearly burned them a little. I see a non-mobile nutrient deficiency, most likely related to an improper pH. Some vital trace mineral is not uptaking into your plant.

yes we are phing the feed and we are giving them just phd water 1-2 times a week. we also prepped the rockwool cubes before using them. some of the plants in the room got past this issue and look big and green.. then there are a bunch that are stunted. the main things we are noticing is highlighter yellow leaf tips and an overall paleness on the stunted plants.

what nutrient do you think is the culprit?

you're not funny and we're feeding general hydro all three parts, plus cal/mag, plus supplements at 800 ppm now and not to runoff like I want to. I'm not the one in charge. if I can help though it'd be great. I've never seen this nutrient issue before. I have experienced cal and nitro overfeed issues myself though and some other things as well. the rest of the plants that grew past it look great now.. very dark green almost too dark but they are taking off. I would like all to take off. the sour diesel is affected a lot by this issue which is why it's pictured. second plant doesn't look like another diesel but it doesn't like it much either.

measure, add, stir, rinse cup, and get next nutrient. I think we should get rid of the cal/mag since we're using gro, bloom, and micro?

I meant, do you put cal/mag in first...in RO water cal/mag goes in first, and then with the GH flora (usually any 3 part) series Micro first, then I add Grow, Bloom.

we do micro, gro, bloom, then botanicare cal/mag. they also add some weird stuff. is there a reason it needs to be in order? do you use cal/mag and a complete nutrient line? thanks guys. I'm going to put together a feed schedule and let me know what you guys think? I can't suggest it at work cause it'll probably get shot down but I like to grow so I do stuff like this even though it's tough work lol

Back
Top Bottom