Help! Husband is going to burn all the powdery mold buds!

steppinup67

I'm hoping someone can tell me ....Is it ok to make cannabis oils out of the buds with powdery mold. Or does the mold transfer with the oils, and contaminate everything?
I really like the waxes, and the oils. Does using butane to make oils/wax eliminated the mold from the end product? Or is it best to use grain alcohol and dry ice?

Help! Husband is going to burn all the powdery mold buds!

I posted earlier "Help! My husband is about to throw all the powdery mold buds on the burn pile",
Well I see I've had 81 people view my post yet NO ONE has commented. Why not?
Am I to assume that since there have been no comments everybody that read my post agrees that my husband should go ahead and burn everything? Even the buds that are barely affected?
I've read extensively what I've found so far, and it appears that ppl have used the lightly affected buds and made BHO with it . Without any known bad affects. An acquaintance has suggested making the BHO with butane evaporating it off then tossing some acetone on it , to remove the mold taste, and evaporating that off. He says it should still be good. I'm doubtful. but these buds that are barely affected are so beautiful and solid, and purple. I don't really see much if any mold on these buds, but he wants to butcher them and toss them. They are ready to harvest too.
Can I get some feedback? Or info where I can find educated professional answers not assumptions?:circle-of-love::thedoubletake:

Re: Help! Husband is going to burn all the powdery mold buds!

I posted earlier "Help! My husband is about to throw all the powdery mold buds on the burn pile",
Well I see I've had 81 people view my post yet NO ONE has commented. Why not?
Am I to assume that since there have been no comments everybody that read my post agrees that my husband should go ahead and burn everything? Even the buds that are barely affected?
I've read extensively what I've found so far, and it appears that ppl have used the lightly affected buds and made BHO with it . Without any known bad affects. An acquaintance has suggested making the BHO with butane evaporating it off then tossing some acetone on it , to remove the mold taste, and evaporating that off. He says it should still be good. I'm doubtful. but these buds that are barely affected are so beautiful and solid, and purple. I don't really see much if any mold on these buds, but he wants to butcher them and toss them. They are ready to harvest too.
Can I get some feedback? Or info where I can find educated professional answers not assumptions?:circle-of-love::thedoubletake:

Am I to assume that since there have been no comments everybody that read my post agrees that my husband should go ahead and burn everything?
Why would you go on assuming when you clearly want processional answer answers not assumptions?:scratchinghead:

Im no pro, no experience in the area at all! But id recommend waiting, 80some views just means 80some people have no valid advice on the subject, give it some time and im sure theres atleast one master grower around here that could help. In the mean time keep searching.

(personally, with no knowledge, id throw it away. Not sure if powdery mildew is anything like common molds... If it is, mold is incredibly harmful to breath. Sounds like a bad idea to me)

The video from LEDRF was great! Thank you! I will try washing my buds. I've already sprayed them while on the plant with hydrogen peroxide and water mix, and then I used apple cider vinegar and a week later I tried baking soda and water. Now I'm harvesting my biggest plant . I'll try to post some pics in a bit. thank you!

P.S. My husband has decided to wait on burning the buds. Besides it is just pouring down rain right now and he wouldn't be able to get a fire started hot enough to burn wet buds anyway. :thumb:

I'm no expert but as was stated, I'd do some reading up into budwashing. I'm sure that the worst ones should be tossed. I personally would not consume anything with bacteria on it. Peace!!

Back
Top Bottom