Prop420

My two week old doesn't look big enough any feebk or suggestios would be greatly appreciated, frst time grower....
20151118_080005.jpg
20151118_080005.jpg
20151118_075721.jpg

Yea thats true its in miracle gro organic soil which gas slow release nutes im sure and its under a 300w LED LIGHT that puts out a lil over 5000lm i just feel thatbtge spread of my leaves isnt great enough especially compared to what i see online. I started from seed and its been 20 days counting germination period????

How large is your container? If you are in a large container it will spend time building roots instead of growing. Also if you are keeping it very damp you will stunt it. A couple better photos, and some more background will go a long way toward diagnosis. :)

20151120_082327.jpg
.....its in a 5gal buccet and the soil may be a lil damp i waterd them like 3-4 days ago i feel as if i may have air flow problems with my soil??? But my runoff after i water comes out pretty quicc. Umm i think my ph may be too high itested my runoff with tester strips and i think it was between 6.5-7.2 i kno thats high i need some ph up nd dwn but see the only reason y i didn't was because they started to catch up

When a plant 1st starts its life it spends a bit of the beginning to establish a good foothold on life, aka a solid root system. These roots do not grow symmetrically, one root may grow longer then others while one my grow shorter but have more hair roots on it. In a smaller container the longer roots run into the container wall and begin to wrap around the container, but in a big container like a 5 gallon bucket they can stretch out in the soil a long ways. Once the plant feels it has a root system well established to grow the upper growth will follow. For future grows may I suggest you start them in something a bit smaller for the 1st week or so, say 3"x3" pot or something to that size then upsize once she is tricked into thinking her roots are well established.. Once you upsize the pot, the roots will continue to expand and search for more leg room.but the upper part of the plant will have already started in on its journey too.

One other note, I am curious, you mentioned you are using a 300 watt LED light.. Is that a full spectrum grow light or is it just a LED light for around the house? There is a big difference by the way, since a grow light uses a different spectrum of light then one used for household usage.

Ahh yes i see what you mean oldgrower kinda like goldfish...and the LED thats a good ? I think it may be household because they are really 15w bulbs but equivalent to 100 watts a piece just like the soil they came frm wal-mart???

Some are spiral while some are elongated. There are a few different styles of CFL's depending on the wattage and what they were designed to do. As to how many. You will need at least 1 to start but with CFLs the more the merrier. Just remember that you will need to keep them from 3 to 6 inches away from the plant so it will require you to think outside the box a little if you know what I am saying. I would look at some of the journals of some of the guys presently using them for ideas on how to get the placement needed of the lights.
Hope this gets you back on track my friend

Ok one last ? Do they sell ones that fit standard soccets bc the ones i am seeing are like plug in?? Bc you mean the ones we use in the house? And thank you for the help oldgrower i will definitely keep you updated......

Household CFL's will work great for veg. Aim for one that's 6400k spectrum, it's a white light as opposed too the orange hue we are used too in houses.

30 watts would do her another two weeks. I've used a 65 watt cfl for the whole veg period with great results...

Unfortunately, they don't cut it for flowering. They CAN produce buds, but it's well worth investing in a HID set up or quality LED light.

Ok one last ? Do they sell ones that fit standard soccets bc the ones i am seeing are like plug in?? Bc you mean the ones we use in the house? And thank you for the help oldgrower i will definitely keep you updated......
While they do come in the pin configuration, they also come in the screw socket style also. Just about any hardware store will have them in their lightbulb section. Even many grocery stores now carry CFLs for the house.

Back
Top Bottom