3 week old plant need help

icetcb

Strain: unknown
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - veg
Setup - dwc
Light - 2 2ft fluorescent tubes 20 Watt each.
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - river rock
PPM - ??
PH - 6
RH - 47% to 58%
Room Temperature -63 to 70
Solution Temperature -60 to 65
Room Size 50inches by 67 1/2 inches 110 inches high
Pests - unsure

Sorry for the abuse. Started off germination in a wet papertowel and lunch baggy for 3 days. Then I moved to a coke bottle for a week. Used miracle grow soil and standard plant food stakes with 3 cfls. Then I moved it to a Folgers can for a 2 weeks. until I built the diy dwc 5 gal bucket. Now I have 2 2ft fluorescents 20watts each. Also have a backup cfl I wanted to try a big bulb will post pic. Anyway have had coloring issues for a week now. Should have waited for the transplant to dwc. Did it anyway obviously. ��. Didn't get Ph tester or real nutrition until I moved it. Oh yea using river rocks as medium. Turns out my tap water is good. Lucked out there. after adding nutrients it's around 6.0 . Have been having a low temp issue here. Anyway enough talk I probably forgot some stuff but the pics will say enough. Need help general criticism is welcome please. Also suggestion on my lights? Working on essentially n o budget. Spent 30 bucks so far

20151121_183219_zpsjfqlijpi.jpg

20151121_183243_zpsc18qrcvs.jpg

20151121_183322_zpss2sxlgkz.jpg

20151121_183328_zpsom9vbxcr.jpg

I don't see any problems other than a little stress.:thumb:
The discoloration looks like nutrient solution has been dropped on the leaves, nothing major. Healthy little plant you have there bud.

If I was you I would nip off the lower growth that's sitting down in the bucket, yes it will slow her up a little but will make life easier in the end, other than that good job.

Lights - What you have is fine for now. I would highly recommend some low stress training and looking toward saving some cash towards a HID or LED for flowering ;)

The 1st thing to catch my eye was the 2nd picture and the 3rd. I saw burnt tips on the fan leaves but after reading your post I saw you started them in MG which could easily explain the burnt tips on those leaves, since MG has a reputation of being to hot for seedlings and sprouts.
I only know what I have read about hydro but perhaps RM and Mono can clarify it for me, but I thought the idea PH for hydro was 5.8. I realize that 6.0 is within the except-able range.

1st how should I go about trimming the lower leaves? 2nd should I add more rocks after trimming lower leaves? 3rd how should I go about training. 4th for more light I also have a 4u 65 Watt 6500 kelvin cfl light I could run next to the fluorescents. Mono checked out your grows very nice. Scary to spend this much time on the plant and it may yet be a male. Also I was wondering if I could try and turn it into a mother plant after first harvest if everything is goodcould, and how I would go about that.. know its a ways off just like talking about her. If anyone has any ideas on the room I'll take those as well. Also had a scare last night temps dropped to the 40s in my house. The heat went out, so I ended up sleeping in there with a heating pad against the bucket. Anyway ty all for the help in advance.

Walking into room. Need a better screen to black it out for when I flower it.
20151122_142450_zpslmdowcom.jpg

Don't mind the crummy setup compared to some of the ones I have seen. Like I said though have done it all with stuff I had laying around. Also have some ducting I'm going to be running for more temp control. Might hook it up to the hot water heater for more co2. There are two holes into the room one bottom right corner the other in the ceiling.

20151122_142543_zpsmxt8sbyu.jpg

Picture of the hole in ceiling
20151122_142553_zpsk7kq1qst.jpg

Cfl light
20151122_144844_zpsss5astpw.jpg

If no replies by morning just going to try and top it and trim lower leaves. Don't know if I need to wrap the spot where I cut off the lower leaves or what

Ty for reply. Link does not work. Im saving for a 400wat hid light. For around 100 bucks. Might even veg it as long as possible and get a good led light although I can't find any good reviews on lights under 500. Want the led for the low temps. So you don't think the 2 2ft 20 Watt fluorescents are enough light for veg? What about if I add the cfl in pic and 2 regular cfls. For veg of course don't want to riun her by flowering with cfls and fluorescents

1. Cut out lower, non-productive branches early. When the marijuana plant is still relatively small but in vegetative state, you can nix a few of the lower branches along with their attached leaves. There’s nothing wrong with leaving those particular branches on the plant, but, when it comes time to flower the plants, they won’t really produce much anyway. This little exercise also allows the plant to focus more on the taller and ultimately more productive branches. This will increase growth in the meantime and can potentially increase yield toward the end of the plant’s life cycle.

2. Be Careful. When cutting the branches, especially when the plants are at a young age, it’s important to take great caution. Don’t use dull scissors or a serrated blade, and certainly don’t rip the small branches off with your bare hands. The last thing you want to do is shock the plant at such a young age. A nice, clean snip with some sharp scissors will do the trick.

This is from link above.
Ofcourse you can veg with with fluo lights, 2x 20Watt should be enough for short vegetative period (maybe about 2 weeks?). Just make sure plant don't stretch.

i use throw away razors for trimming and cuttings the little blades inside are super sharp.

use a stanley knife blade to prize the plastic covering on top off the razor.

cheap ones with two blades in each are better than the three or four bladed kind.

oh and be exstremely careful when handling the blades when you get them out.

regards

Okay so I trimmed the lowers and topped. have changed the water 2x since I put it in the dwc system. Ph keeps rising rapidly I believe. About every two days. Still losing color on the ends of a few leaves. Some leaves are darker green some are lighter green. Not sure what any of it is. Dont know if im not testing the ph and changing the water enough or using too many nutes. Will post pics shortly.

5.8 is optimum. A swing of a few points plus or minus will insure complete nutrient uptake.

SALUT
5.8 optimum c bien meme si le changement de 1 ou 2 n est pas trés grave
en hydro il faut faire évolué le ph et le EC OU PPM avec l évolution de la plantes car elle ne se nourri plus de la meme maniére selon son etat
ce qui m étonne le plus ici c 'est qu il ne test pas son ppm chose indispensable en hydro et on vois bien a la pointe de ses feuilles un debut de cramage
salut

Back
Top Bottom