This is our grow! What do we need to do?

HazeHeaven

This is our grow and we have a strong feeling they have a calicum defficcene but what else is wrong?
We have the plants under 4 cfls with 18 hours of light a day. We also feed them nutrients (Bio Feed) and (Tamoto Feed).
Sorry for the bad photos....
5TI7KwH.png
1aGeFVo.png
bv3Kz2W.png
CLI76DM.png

Hey HazeHeaven. Welcome to 420mag! It looks like your plants are struggling just a bit. I have a feeling it's from nutrient burn. Are they in soil?

Hi Hazeheaven,

Your plants have all the symptoms of being loved to death. They are getting nutes when they don't need them and you are even being extra special nice and are feeding them food made for vegetables. These plants however are not tomatoes, they are weeds... and being weeds, they do not like being treated in this way, they actually thrive in a bit of adversity.

You have lost a lot of leaves so far, on all of your plants. You have cleaned them up pretty well for their picture debut, but it is clear that you have been having a problem keeping all of your lower growth attached to all of the plants. This damage and its progression is also a clear sign as to what the major problem is... and because of it, I strongly suspect that you are an over waterer.

Over watering a weed has very little to do with how much water you give at any one time, it instead describes someone who waters too often. The roots of a weed need to be exposed to oxygen in that soil, at least once every 4 or 5 days, but all signs say that the bottom of your containers never dry out and that your root systems have been severely damaged.

So how often do you water? How much do you give them each time? What do you use to determine that it is time to water? I am sure that we can help you, once we understand what you have been doing to get to this point.

Emmie

So how often do you water? How much do you give them each time? What do you use to determine that it is time to water? I am sure that we can help you, once we understand what you have been doing to get to this point.

Emmie

So we wouldnt have a water routine or use nutrients every time we bought the nutrients to fix the problem but they are only getting worse. We would water them around every 4 days.. a few times we let the soil go dry on the top before watering or even noticing the tips bending down. There are holes in the bottom of the containers and roots have grown through the pot, there is no build up of water and can see nice cream/white roots. We would feed the 9 plants 5litres between them, Just enough pouring until you see a layer of water on the top or notice water coming out the bottom.

Is it possible to fix the leaves? How long should we keep vegatating?(3months so far)
The tips curl up and down, and the tips on the leaf go yellow like shown in this photo.
eOGNikY.jpg
vJm1O2l.jpg

I am also wondering, whats going on here? there are a few plants like this, is it a female?(Plant is topped)
K1q3C1E.jpg
nwkYApD.jpg

Based on your watering description, things are not as bad as I first assumed. It sounds like you are mostly letting them dry out between waterings, and the only advice I can give you regarding that is to not pay attention to the top of the soil, your concern is that last inch of container, where you can see the roots in the holes in the bottom. If it is dry down there, and almost to the point of wilting, it is time to water. The lift method is good in managing this, because when it is dry to the bottom, the container will feel feather light. Enough on that right now though, it turns out that your bigger problem is pH.

I like your diagnosis of a calcium deficiency... that is also what I think it is. The pH of the water that you give is too high and needs to be adjusted to 6.5 every time. When you add nutes to your water, that will bring down the pH, and I imagine that if you have been giving nutes every other time, a sort of see-saw battle has been going on in that container between waterings as far as the pH is concerned, but the overall net effect is that calcium has been locked out.

Make sure that every fluid that hits the plants is adjusted to 6.5 pH, and I think your problems will stop progressing. Your plants are definitely female and could go to flower any time.. I would wait until you have solved this deficiency problem and had graduated them to about a 3 gallon container... right now they look a little scrawny, and I doubt you would end up harvesting more than a few grams from each one of them.

Make sure that every fluid that hits the plants is adjusted to 6.5 pH, and I think your problems will stop progressing. Your plants are definitely female and could go to flower any time.. I would wait until you have solved this deficiency problem and had graduated them to about a 3 gallon container... right now they look a little scrawny, and I doubt you would end up harvesting more than a few grams from each one of them.

I also think its a Nutrients burn because these are the symptoms... I will attempt to change the ph level but i dont know how to do that
what would recommend? Im going to flush the plants aswell(with correct PH) to clean all the soil of any nutrients. I hope the calicum problem will be solved with the ph change.

Leaf Color:
Edges Appear Brown or Burnt
Dark or Purple Leaves
Black or Gray Patches on Leaves
Brown or Dark Spots
Leaf Symptoms:
Upper Leaves / Newer Growth Affected
Lower Leaves / Older Growth Affected
All Leaves Seem Affected
Leaf Edges Appear Burnt
Leaf Tips Appear Burnt
Leaf Tips Die
Spots
Slow Growth
Twisted Growth
Leaves Curl Under
Plant Symptoms:
Weak Stems
Slow Growth
Twisted Growth
Leaves Curl Under
Other Symptoms:
Buds Not Fattening

If my other plants dont have balls with little hairs coming out does it mean its male or has it not been sexed yet?

I also think its a Nutrients burn because these are the symptoms... I will attempt to change the ph level but i dont know how to do that
what would recommend? Im going to flush the plants aswell(with correct PH) to clean all the soil of any nutrients. I hope the calicum problem will be solved with the ph change.

Leaf Color:
Edges Appear Brown or Burnt
Dark or Purple Leaves
Black or Gray Patches on Leaves
Brown or Dark Spots
Leaf Symptoms:
Upper Leaves / Newer Growth Affected
Lower Leaves / Older Growth Affected
All Leaves Seem Affected
Leaf Edges Appear Burnt
Leaf Tips Appear Burnt
Leaf Tips Die
Spots
Slow Growth
Twisted Growth
Leaves Curl Under
Plant Symptoms:
Weak Stems
Slow Growth
Twisted Growth
Leaves Curl Under
Other Symptoms:
Buds Not Fattening
f my other plants dont have balls with little hairs coming out does it mean its male or has it not been sexed yet?
Like you, I had pH problems using the visual drop system where you match to a color chart. Although I tried my best, it is difficult. I recently bought a Bluelab pH pen and in my opinion it should have been purchased before even considering nutrients. My garden is much happier now.

Back
Top Bottom