Plant in distress - Need help

CheWu

Hey guys, i've had an accident recently that topped one of my girls. She recovered well, and new tops are growing like cray, but there is something weird going on on a few of the leaves on the new tops. Some leaves are curling upwards on the edges and i've also spotted a couple of holes on 1-2 leaves, and one leave has discoloration on it's edges...here are the pics..i'm not sure what to make of the symptoms, and how should i treat them and the plant. Should i keep feeding the plant with the same amount of nutrients? Also, note that these symptoms are showing only on this plant.
1. image: group photo, you can see where the plant in the yellow bucket was accidentally topped. the red arrows on the first 4 plants are showing the direction the plants are taking for LST, the little red circle shows the spot where the plant i am talking about was topped:
IMG_20160114_083804.jpg

2. and 3. image: you can see the leaves curling, the little holes on them and the single leave with discoloration:
IMG_20160114_083850.jpg

IMG_20160114_083829.jpg

any help is much appreciated guys, thanks in advance :)

Heat stress and maybe too little RH.

Humidity, cannabis in veg likes it around 60/70%, this offsets high temps as well.

yes, well the humidity varies, normally between 50 and 70%... also, the temperature is within maximum boundaries, somewhere between 25-27 Celsius..

Yes this is heat stress. 100% Keep the temps below 28 but above 25 and the humidity at 55%-65% at this stage of the game for you. They do not need so much humidity as the weeks go by. Also it help's fungus's and molds thrive when kept too high for too long, and attract bugs. I start out at 70%, when your plant gets to 3 weeks old, cut it down to 65%, then at 5 weeks old make it 60%, at 7-10 weeks old I keep em at a steady 50-55% until flowering. Then when at flowering you work your way down farther. IF you want to effect the color of the plant and increase trichome production each week from 55% take off 5% humidity until you reach 25%. Around week 6 you should be there, if you have a plant that's flowering in 8 weeks keep the humidity at 25% for the last two weeks. (Make proper adjustments if it's a longer flower. ;)). 55% to 65% at this stage for you is well within the comfort zone. Hope this has helped and good luck! :Namaste::thumb:

oh, and another problem emerged. We've spotted white dots on a few leaves, and it seems that they are spreading. They cannot be wiped off, nor i have an explanation how they got there. Here's pics:
IMG_20160116_021818.jpg
IMG_20160116_021737.jpg
IMG_20160116_021632.jpg
IMG_20160116_021601.jpg
photo6061.JPG

Any ideas what is this?

To much heat stress causes little burns to occur randomly .. They will never heal so you can either cut them back or just take that leaf off..

But that doesn't seems to be a heat stress burn. It looks like a powder mold of some sort. Is it happening all over? IF not cut the ones with it off ASAP. and dispose of them as far away from your plants as possible! You might have a mold issues going on there... Can you look to see if there are little black dots on the underside of the leafs? plz. Use a magnifying glass is feasible.

kk, so we've just cut off the parts of the leaves we found the white dots on. The problem is the dots are not powdery, they are just white and circular. Also, the last picture we've provided is not ours, we downloaded it from the internet because it's an exact same case with what we have, but we don't have a good enough camera...

You should be good to go then. As long as there are no little little black dots on the underside of the leaves. Sometimes you can see little white spots and thats the eggs. The little black "dots" are mites too. Now it's the waiting game brotha. Let's see if it fix's over the next few days to a week.:Namaste:

thanks a bunch. I've actually been checking for mites, and on the underside and upperside of 1-2 leaves i've noticed extreeeeemely small, barely visible black/brown dots, but after "provoking" them or touching them they don't move at all, so i guess it's not mites, just a random couple of dots... gonna keep you posted on the evolution of the situation... thanks again bruh :) :)

Your leaves show partly what seems like an insect damage and partly too much of potassium/phosphorus and inhibition of micronutrient uptake. You have low Brix plants, and that's why you get so many problems. Can you tell me exactly what's in your soil mix?

in our mix we only have coco and perlite, thats it.
every day we water them with 2 liters of water in total. in the 2 liters we add:
-7.5ml TNT (hesi product)
-7.5ml Root complex (hesi)
-2ml CalMag (advanced nutrients)
-half drop Supervit (hesi)
and we balance the ph to be 5,7-5,9.

on the TNT and Root bottles says the dosage is 5ml per liter. We give them 7.5ml per 2 liters, meaning we are giving them 3 quarters of the dosage, so logically it shouldn't be nutrient burn.
Also, the strain is Lemon skunk by green house seeds, a strain that is supposed to be genetically strong and highly resistant to pests and mold (all that is just in theory).
Does all that info help?

Ok, so how do you treat it?

everyone has given up on us....

Sorry didn't see this until now. I have so many pms and notifications everytime i sign on.

If you do have "black dots" or insects like I suggested before, go out and get some 100% neim Oil. Mix it with water or enough for an applications worth and cover your plants. You might slightly burn them if you do not mix the ratio of water to the oil correctly. But all the bugs will be gone as fast as they came & your plants will recover. . ;) :high-five: now hurry !

Back
Top Bottom