Weird white worm-like creature by clone

aknoob

So I decided to try and clone one of my top colas from my white widow. The clone is only in water and the soil around this is shot glass is to try to prevent the light going to the bottom of the stem where the root will hopefully grow. I noticed this worm when I was going to moisten the leaves. When I was checking it I noticed this weird white worm near my clone plant. The worm is white and can be seen in different positions on the top of the photo near the leaves. I was wondering what this is and if there is anyway that I can get rid of them without using chemicals.

IMG_011653.JPG

IMG_011151.JPG

It looks like some kind of roundworm or pinworm. It's not a larva, because it's pointed at both ends. Just pluck it out and kill it. Probably something that hatched out of the soil. The egg probably came in on your hands when you patted the soil down.

I don't know what the bug is, but for an experiment this summer I put fresh cut clones or branches, in a pint mason jar, filled with water only, in my window, and I had roots in two weeks. I don't think the light hurts,, if, they are in water and young. I'm just throwing that out there. Good luck, tops typically are harder to root but I've done them.

Back
Top Bottom