Tiny White Spots But No Spider Mites - Help Needed!

flexy123

Info to my grow: Growing some feminized (Northern Lights, Somango) and some Autos, the problem doesn't show on all strains/plants, some look perfectly fine without the dots.

I am growing in soil, and as nutes I am using "PlantMagic Organic Oldtimer", currently watering maybe once a week.

This is not my first grow so I am "somewhat" experienced. I have my share of experience with spider mites, I had them last year. I checked the undersides of the plants, there are no mites.

The problem seemed to have gradually developed once I switched from my old MarsHydro 300W lights to my new fixture which is 4x CREE CXB3590 lights. The light is currently about 35-40cm (13-14inch) from plants. Light bleach?? I am a total loss!

Please see the pictures. You can't "rub off" the dots. You see some leaves where there are more dots in the middle. Some leaves are starting to get yellow and some also have brown spots. I am baffled since my grow otherwise since I have the new light is great. I am just puzzled because of those spots.

(I DO have a fungus gnats problem but I always had them, remedy for them is already on the way in the mail).

Thanks for any help!

DSCN203210.jpg
DSCN20316.jpg
DSCN20298.jpg
DSCN20288.jpg
DSCN202610.jpg
DSCN202410.jpg
DSCN20237.jpg
DSCN20226.jpg
DSCN20218.jpg
DSCN20206.jpg

It looks like you have small plants, are you able to get them to a shower with a hand held sprayer or a sink with a spray nozzle? If you can get them in there NOW and thoroughly wash the plant being sure to get underneath and inside. This will take care of a lot of them.....then we start treatments. It looks like you've begun flowering witch makes things harder. Let me think for a minute, you have any other info? Got clones or separate veg room?

Hey!

I have a nice pump sprayer and a hand sprayer. Since I sprayed in my tent/green house yesterday I used the hand sprayer.
I moved the plants and looked that I also spray them on the underside of the leaves. I used my special insectizidal potassium soap.
Will repeat tomorrow and hope that this helps. Yes, three of the autos started flowering but they should still be early and the potassium soap is still "ok". I wouldn't want to spray neem on the buds tho. Tomorrow or so I might actually take the plants on the sunroof and actually wash them with the insectizidal soap and the pump sprayer. Will see. Don't like spraying in the greenhouse at all, it gets the walls all icky, I JUST put new mylar sheeting up ;(

Edit: I also have a MASSIVE fungus gnats problem - but I have those special bacteria coming in the mail and vermiculite. People say 1-2cm of vermiculite on top of the soil helps.

The problem is I have a heating mat in my greenhouse/tent...and the humidity, warmth and the fact it's outside on the balcony always attracts LOTS of bugs.

Back
Top Bottom